News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 pts Tau Empire  (Read 800 times)

Offline iczer

• some older pix
1500 pts Tau Empire
« on: May 29, 2006, 05:42:08 PM »
Is this Army effective?

HQ

Shas'el
Targeting array
Plasma Rifle
Fusion Gun
HW Multi Tracker
HW Drone controller
Shield Drone

Shas'el
Targeting array
Plasma Rifle
Fusion Gun
HW Multi Tracker
HW Drone controller
Shield Drone

Elite

Shas'vre
Airbursting fragmentation Projector
Burst Cannon
Multi Tracker
HW Drone controller
Gun Drone

3 Shas'ui
each with:
Missile Pod
Flamer
Drone controller
Gun drone, Shield drone

Troops

10 Fire warrior

10 Fire warrior

10 Fire warrior

10 Fire warrior

Fast Attack

5 Gun Drones

Heavy Support

3 Sniper Teams

3 Broadsides
each with Drone controller and 2 Shield drones

->1500

I didnt attach 2 Drones to the Shas'el so they would still be above 50% with the Drone being killed.
The Broadsides got Shield drones because I made the experience that they are just too vulnerable against Lascannons and the likes. No multiple Targeting because I think 1 killed primary target per round is enough, made the experience that splitting up Fire is of no use... no target lock because either the Rockets or the Big Guns are ineffective versus certaint Troops. Maybe I'll split them up to 2+1 in the list, if the Enemy has many Tanks on the Field.
I like the Idear of Shocking, but I dont want one single Tank in my Army, although the shock-support is nice. If I play Tanks, they come at least in Pacs of 3 (play Mecanized Sisters and Mechanized Swordwind). 1 Tank is too easily destroyed. (at 3k I'd play lots of them though)

The HQ are versus Heavy Infantery (devastateing at 12") and Tanks
Elite vs soft sargets and light vehicles (though 3 flamers will cost some casualties for Marines as well)
Troops vs soft targets
Fast only to irritate my enemy by shocking or to draw Fire from the Shas'el once the Shield Drone is gone
Sniper Teams vs Marines or to spot more important targets for other troops (though 2 Squads of Insects might be more effectice, i dont really like those new troops. Question of Style, I guess...)
Broadside vs Tanks or soft targets

Hope the list is kinda balanced, but I'm not sure if all the Drones are a good idea (especialy with the Single Crisis and Shas'el)
« Last Edit: June 4, 2006, 10:40:17 AM by Henrik »
Just another marionette in the puppetry of death.