News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Winter Eldar Wraithguard Pic Heavy  (Read 3142 times)

Offline bootzmagee

Winter Eldar Wraithguard Pic Heavy
« on: June 16, 2008, 11:39:01 PM »
I've just started painting my Eldar army, my Wraithguard seemed like a good place to start. I converted an old ghost walker or wraith robot (I dont remember the name) into my warlock for the wraithguard. The fluff behind my army has yet, but they are an arctic army. Ideas welcome. Criticisms welcome too.

Offline Unscientific Postscript

• Hic Rhodus, hic salta
Re: Winter Eldar Wraithguard Pic Heavy
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 12:31:51 AM »
Good idea with the snow - wraithguard would of course be rimed over, because they wouldn't generate heat/need to wipe off the ice. So full marks for originality and thoughtfulness.

The painting is only average, but the final group shot from a distance shows how they would look on the table, and there they really work, so full marks there too - a very easy paintjob which still looks great on the tabletop.

My only substantive criticism is the "warlock" - he is ugly, and it is difficult to see what it is he is, exactly: the sword conversion doesn't work for me at all. I would invest the time to redo him, or replace him with a regular warlock, as he is letting the side down. I mean, he looks like a runty little pet, rather than the leader of the squad.

But overrall, very good.

Man: Er... excuse me?
FMG: Yes? I am a doctor, you know.
Man: I was just wondering...
FMG: Get on with it. I'm a Doctor. My time is precious.
Man: Well, it's just...
FMG: My god, man, do you even know what that word means? Let me spell it out: D O C T OR. 6 years of medical school. A PhD.
Man: Look I really...
FMG: I'm the person who makes this whole hospital work...
Man; Look mate, you're  going to have to give me 50p for that paper or get out.

Offline Master of Webways

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 06:45:37 PM »
Very cool :)

I think robots (or whatever wguard are :P) look really good in a snowwy environment

Two thumbs up.

One thing I'd critisize on is that guy who is kneeling down. Sort of not very Wguard like. Wguard arn't supposed to look agile really

But very good overall
Strength D20

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 12:05:26 AM »
   It's always nice to see something different, congrats on the original idea. ;)
   I find the concept interesting, post more of your army's models when they are done, I'm curious of the end result.

I linked this thread to the Iyanden PoC, since anything Wraith units are a nice addition to it, thanks for sharing with us.

Starky

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.

Offline Faith

• Man oh man
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 07:56:49 AM »
That's a really good idea and i really like how athentic they look. The warlock guy looks a tad creepy and at first i swear it was sticking its tongue out, but i like the model just dont think it matches. They look great all together, keep us posted with other updates etc