News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Hardest School Class  (Read 1681 times)

Offline AceV53

Hardest School Class
« on: September 30, 2002, 10:27:04 PM »
What is the hardest class you've ever taken? I'm a junior right now and AP Physics is THE worst class I've ever had! I hate the class and I'm constantly struggling just to keep a B.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

"All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work."
-Steve Martin in Sergeant Bilko

Offline Ilfirin Noore

• Ancient
  • Mess with the best, die like the rest...
Re:Hardest School Class
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2002, 10:31:22 PM »
Personally no classes are hard for me. Some are bothersome because of morons who delite in their own stupidity but otherwise the photographic memory helps.  :P
No Wild hockey makes Ilfirin a dull boy U of M hockey fan!

I could be weak, I could be senseless.
I could be just like you.
I could be fake, I could be stupid.
You know I could be just like you.

Help support the Biel-tan Project! Submissions are appreciated emailed or PMed to Ranger Asteria or myself!

Offline BoyProdigy

• Pirate Prince
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Still rocking your world!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2002, 10:38:38 PM »
I'm with Ilfirin Noore. I don't find any class hard just bothersome. A good example is math, when am I ever going to replace the price of a apple with X then times it by Pie and do a bunch of stupid stuff to it. Well i only got this year and next to go then i'm done.

Offline spacepiper

• Soul Rebel
  • One Love; Bob Marley
    • EldarOnline
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2002, 10:47:40 PM »
Mine is AP Calculus in 10th Grade. Bah...
“The ends you serve that are selfish will take you no further than yourself: but the ends you serve that are for all, in common, will take you into eternity.” –Marcus Garvey

Offline gripen40k

• Fear not the reaper..
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2002, 11:46:49 PM »
i know this is for the hardest class, but i'm going to do the opposite, the easyest for me. i love english 20!!!!! think kindergarden, seriously.
day 1: we went outside and started fires with magnifying glasses
day 2: we coloured pictures and then went outside and played with a parachute (we even played that game where someone goes underneath and pulls people under)
day 3: we watched a movie
day 4: we finnished watching a movie, then started making paper-mache islands
day 5: finnished islands, started huts made out of popcicle sticks
day 6: finnished huts
day 7: started making pigs out of brown paper bags
day 8:finnished the pigs.
day 9: made a story board from the book we're, er, she's (our teacher's) reading to us, by far the hardest thing we've done so far.
day10: watched another movie
day 11:finnished the movie.

now, this is GRADE 11 i'm talking about, PURE english, and i'm not in a "speacial" class. she read us loard of the flys, that's right, SHE READ IT TO US OUT LOUD!!!! i can't believe it, it's by far, the dumbest class EVER!!!! but i love it, 'cause it's easy credits!!!! i can't wait to fail english 30 'cause we learned nilch in english 20....but oh well..... oh and this is all serious, no BS at all.

Offline The Hive Custodian (Retired)

• Primojanitor Paragon
  • Ancient
  • Perfection Within; Perfection Without
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2002, 11:52:07 PM »
My hardest class is Spanish. If there's one thing worse than our teacher it's my classmates. Otherwise I do very well...
Calculus is an art, but algebra is attrition.

Offline Voght

« Reply #6 on: October 1, 2002, 12:12:39 AM »
Hehe Hive, where you live? My spanis class isnt hard its just tarded, we only STARTING chapter 2 (only 4 of us freshmen in that class, heh like half my friends think one is my gf  ;D) we sit in class i talk to the girl, thats class  :D

hardest might have to be damn Geom H atm, i goofed at the first chapter of Geom and Alg 2 (we learning both at same time, oh yay) so im struggling for a C right now... But hehe today was the day i went F***in A, I need to stop being so Gaw damn lazy and acctually do the farkin homework  :'(
In an hour of Darkness a blind man is the best guide.  In an age of Insanity look to the madman to show the way.

Official! The graves of warriors who have given theit lives for the Emporer now outnumber the stars themselves."

Offline Tuisich-Anastari

• Raven Lord of the Alfheim Craftworld
« Reply #7 on: October 1, 2002, 02:16:48 AM »
I'm not sure what my hardest class ever was, but the hardest one right now is called Recent History of Metaphysics and Epistemology.  We're running through stuff crazy fast and there is TONS of reading to do.  This is the first time I can recall actually struggling to keep up.  Usually I'm in league with Ilfirin Noore and BoyProdigy.  We've got a 15 page take home essay exam due tomorrow, and I'm not done with it yet....so why am I browsing this place instead of writing or sleeping?!?  ???

T-A
"A careful study of the Bible would convince many people that it is a very different
book than they assume it to be." --Loraine Boettner, The Reformed Doctrine Of Predestination

This post is dedicated to all those who never have a post dedicated to them.

Offline LiRM35

• Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?
« Reply #8 on: October 1, 2002, 04:27:02 PM »
Thermodynamics.
We are gone to hope and honor,
  We are lost to love and truth,
We are dropping down the ladder rung by rung.
  And the measure of our torment
Is the measure of our youth;
  God help us, for we knew the worst too young!
                                             --Rudyard Kipling

Offline Asurmen_

« Reply #9 on: October 1, 2002, 06:53:05 PM »
My hardest class is Ap Chemistry, but that not saying much when you find that school is really easy

Offline Farseer_Nimliiost

• Geek of Geekyness
  • War is my master, Death my mistress
« Reply #10 on: October 1, 2002, 07:47:21 PM »
for me i dont have hard class's but i REALLY REALLY HATE CAPP (career and personal planning) its really lame really who wants to write things like what i want to do with my life or writeing 6 paragraophs ( i know not alot normaly but yeah its annoying) about who you are and youre goals,
honestly i have a pretty good idea what im going to do with my life, and i dont need to write stupid essays about it
your understanding is not required mon-keigh, merely your surrender...

Offline BoyProdigy

• Pirate Prince
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Still rocking your world!
« Reply #11 on: October 1, 2002, 08:57:49 PM »
What's Ap? Is that like smart classes for the more gifted. If yes then I don't think my school has a thing like that (I would have heard about it because my school is only 175 kids).

You can go take a tour of my school at http://www.zoomtours.com/view.jsp?ID=132. All that hallway there is the whole school. The lockers are painted blue now. If you click on "Library" and look towards the computers there is a guy with funny hair. We call him Fat ass. He's a cool guy.

Offline 0r10n

• We live in a throw away world... Deal with it.
« Reply #12 on: October 1, 2002, 10:08:26 PM »
hardest class? social studies(history), if your not counting extreme bordom...then it would have to be french, i have slacked off for like 5 years...now realising what i have done i must strugle to pass, thnk god the teacher likes me, but that class is so much fun just cuz i have slacked for 5 years
Planet Smashers rule check 'em out!!

Friendship is the ultimate betrayal!

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #13 on: October 1, 2002, 10:20:48 PM »
I hate Maths, but it isn't hard for me. I just hate it. I HATE IT!!
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline S.Z.anD. Falrapax

• The best is yet to come of Falrapax....
« Reply #14 on: October 1, 2002, 10:38:02 PM »
Hmmm...I'm only in 9th grade, but.....AP Biology. It's not the subject matter or difficulty, but my teacher's voice sounds like a perfect mix of Mr. Manackie and Lumbergh from Office Space ("You're..going to need to diagram those mitachondria and other cell structures, mmm'kay?") in a perfect monotone. He is really nice though. Chinese I has it's difficulties, but it'll make it easier to learn Japanese (it using many Chinese characters and all).
I have yet to show the world my power....
Saevodian Zephyr Falrapax

The day will come when Falrapax returns
With all his deadly kin
And to avoid his great concerns
Would lead us all to sin

Remembrance of his final glory
In final waking hour
Recounts the tale of his story
And all his waking power

Both demon and man was he,
A breed of forgotten shame
Yet all demon would soon he would be
And all would know his name

Verses 51-53;Chapter XI, Book of Salvation
The Hidden Savior

Offline DE Player 2

• I'm a llama, but a really mean one!
« Reply #15 on: October 2, 2002, 09:27:02 PM »
Thermodynamics.

Ditto.  All three times...

Offline Poueblo

• cheese-tastic
« Reply #16 on: October 2, 2002, 09:36:35 PM »
well, ive lived in canada all my life, so i shouldnt have a problem with english but I do.Im in grade 10 now, last year I failed the grade 9 english exam heh heh, however, I still got an 80% or so beacause my mark before it was like a 95%.  This year im also having to actually try. :( how sad.  all my other classes i get about 85%'s in unless i really try or somthing which rarely happens
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Ilfirin Noore

• Ancient
  • Mess with the best, die like the rest...
« Reply #17 on: October 2, 2002, 09:37:54 PM »
You can learn Chinese in high school? Where do you live? I want to move there!  :'(

BP: AP stands for advanced placement, so pretty much a smart class.

I'm with scars here, math isn't all that hard, it's just time consuming and boring as all hell.
No Wild hockey makes Ilfirin a dull boy U of M hockey fan!

I could be weak, I could be senseless.
I could be just like you.
I could be fake, I could be stupid.
You know I could be just like you.

Help support the Biel-tan Project! Submissions are appreciated emailed or PMed to Ranger Asteria or myself!

Offline miclantecuthli

• The Unpronouncable Man
  • Ancient
  • Forever in debt to your priceless advice
  • Armies: Empire (AoS), Chaos (AoS)
« Reply #18 on: October 3, 2002, 04:17:36 PM »
I'm with scars here, math isn't all that hard, it's just time consuming and boring as all hell.

The math I learned at secondary school was indeed easy, but it can become very difficult. I tried it at university(4 years, I stopped after the first, the diploma is equivalent with a master), but the algebra was to difficult.
Ground Control to Major Tom
Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong
Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear And I'm floating around my tin can
Far above the Moon
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do

Offline AceV53

« Reply #19 on: October 4, 2002, 01:04:52 AM »
You know, it's soo hard to pay attention in a class in which you know you'll never use again. For Example, in my AP Physics class, we are finding friction of a box being pushed up an incline. NO ONE CARES!!! As long as you get that box up the hill you're fine! Another one is the Force in Newtons needed for a penguin to fall off a sled. When will you ever push a penguin off a sled!
The fact that I know I'll never use this again just kinda kills the motivation. I have a C in the class right now because I just freshly bombed a test. Not to mention the teacher is horrible!!
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

"All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work."
-Steve Martin in Sergeant Bilko