News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: I love the new Ethereal  (Read 637 times)

Offline The Mullet

I love the new Ethereal
« on: April 22, 2006, 11:14:16 AM »
I play a static Fire Warrior horde army.  The honour guard allows me to take more fire warriors, bonus

The face that I have to see the ethereal to use his bonus, makes sense.  No more hiding under a rock in the back of the deployment zone, "leading" the army forward.

The Price of Failure, still kinda shaky.... but suddeningly having your 40+ fire warriors hitting on 3+ in CC?!?

In the beginning of the game, it would suck, but if the army is getting close, I'm thinking I might kamikazi the etheral into CC, get him killed so when I can't fire anymore, I can at least deal some damage in the final rounds of the game.

I love it!

I can see how he's useless in a Mech army because of the needed LoS, but when fielding 40+ FWs in a line, its wonderful!

Offline The Orange

Re: I love the new Ethereal
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 02:50:58 PM »
Well if you like them, then go for it.  I for one liked them in the old codex, but hate them now.  Ugly models, and bad rules.  I need LOS to get the benefit, but once he's killed EVERY Tau knows about it? Whats up with that, and  SMs get a better deal with thier HQ's  >:(.  Plus theres no way to get armor for you ethereal.  I can understand GW wanting to make them vulnerable, buy with an Honor blade, I would like the option to outfit them for combat (like Aun'shi).  But nope, so why does GW think I would take and Honor Blade? (which 2 of the 3 new ethereals are armed with)  Instead I have to concentrate on keeping as far away from the enemy as I can. 

Offline The Mullet

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 03:01:19 PM »
I'll see if my kamikazi tactic works or royally screws me over.
I'll post the battle report once I play it out

Offline chaos0xomega

• Hilary Clinton FTW!
  • Fabricator-General of being banned.
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 06:22:58 PM »
Its all good, you would still have a Shas'el or 'O to back up your firewarriors after the ethereal dies...
BANNED!
This user has been banned for regular breaches of Forum rules.