News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Kitbash  (Read 1584 times)

Offline Talnox

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Kitbash
« on: June 24, 2011, 09:25:47 PM »
So I just started to build some bloodangels out of the battlebox, sanguinary guard, plastic captian kit, and plastic command squad kit. I also had a random sprew of empire mages for bitz.

Here's the first two. I think im done with both but I may add some pieces here an there.

Lemartes

Sanguinary Priest with magnetized backpack and jump pack

Hope you enjoy. Any comments or suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Offline Darsenko

• I REALLY wish I had someone to play 40k against...
Re: Kitbash
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 10:32:00 PM »
Wow. These are really cool. The Lemartes model was definitely the better of the two for me. I just have one thing about it though. To me, the jump pack on Lemartes looks a bit overladen, like there were a few too many things on there. Now I've not seen the actual Lemartes model (I'm assuming that that is a kitbashed version), so I don't know if that is how it is.

Offline Talnox

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 10:58:04 PM »
the actual model has more on the jump pack I thought the same thing so i decided to tone it down a bit but still wanted it to look like him. After all he is supposed to be the Death Co bad ass

Offline Darsenko

• I REALLY wish I had someone to play 40k against...
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 11:39:52 PM »
Having had a look at the Lemartes model on the GW website, yours is definitely better than the GW model. The toned down jump pack definitely helps.

Offline Talnox

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 01:41:47 AM »
Thanks I hope to have 5 death company and 5 sanguinary guard finished by the end of the weekend. Once those are done I have plans to make another kitbash for Dante. I have some ideas already and ill probably start on it mon. Ill post more pics later