News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: I give a damn, going to have fun with the new Eldar  (Read 816 times)

Offline Kaughnor

• Kaughnor's Cave
I give a damn, going to have fun with the new Eldar
« on: April 27, 2015, 11:46:50 PM »

I give a damn.  I've a new codex and models that everyone hates.  Bring it on.  New list for 7th Edition Eldar.

Craftworld Warhost:

Guardian Defender Host:

-Farseer - Stone
-3 Guardian Squads - EML
-Stock: Viper, War Walker, Weapon of Vaul (Vibro Cannon for the lulz).

Spirit Host:

-Spirit Seer
-2 x 5 Wraithguard stock
-5 Wraithguard - D-Scythes, Wave Serpent
-Wraithlord - Sword
-Wraithknight

Total Points: 1750 on the nose!

Bring it on you nah sayers.  I've got the D in my old list.  Not afraid to play it.

P.S.

I may not paint up the guardians as Iyanden.  With 30 Guardains, I have a great start to an Ulthwe list.  Finish up painting my Wraith Host then go on from there.  I figure that is ultimately what a Craftworld Warhost would look like.

From the fluff I've read, Craftworlds go to war together.  So I'm going to continue painting up the different factions.  As far as Iyanden goes though, I figure if I want to stay true to the fluff, I need to include Yriel.  I know his re roll a 6 (on a successful armour save) sucks, but the wraith units kick ass.  The way I see it, to stay true to the fluff, I need to take the good with the bad.  Moving forward with the above, I would like to add Yriel and a wraithjet to the above list at 1850.  In order to trim points I would have to replace the D-Scythes with wraith axes.  But the trade off would be worth it I think. 

Next post I will look at a list with Yriel and a Hemlock Fighter.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: I give a damn, going to have fun with the new Eldar
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 12:36:10 AM »
I may not paint up the guardians as Iyanden.  With 30 Guardains, I have a great start to an Ulthwe list.  Finish up painting my Wraith Host then go on from there.  I figure that is ultimately what a Craftworld Warhost would look like.

From the fluff I've read, Craftworlds go to war together.  So I'm going to continue painting up the different factions.  As far as Iyanden goes though, I figure if I want to stay true to the fluff, I need to include Yriel.  I know his re roll a 6 (on a successful armour save) sucks, but the wraith units kick ass.  The way I see it, to stay true to the fluff, I need to take the good with the bad.  Moving forward with the above, I would like to add Yriel and a wraithjet to the above list at 1850.  In order to trim points I would have to replace the D-Scythes with wraith axes.  But the trade off would be worth it I think. 

You can paint them up any way you like, while Craftworlds can fight together, but the fluff suggests it is rare, which kind of makes sense given the vast distances between them. So don't feel like you have to paint unit x in craftworld y colours.  You can also forge your own narrative and create your own Craftworld and colour scheme like a lot of people have done -> Eldar Craftworlds - Post your Craftworld background. :)

You can find a lot of idea's for custom colour scheme's here too -> Your Eldar Army.

You don't have to field Yriel to keep inline with the fluff either, named heroes would only really show up when it hits the fan or important missions.