News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Lost And The Damned  (Read 10504 times)

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
Re: The Lost And The Damned
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 08:16:47 PM »
Occularum?  :-\

As for pyskers, would an upgrade for Rabble to become level one pyskers with brotherhood of sorcerers with dedicated witch covens (lightly armed like IG pysker squads) going up to level 2 or 3 be OK?  Baring in mind that these guys are examples of why the Imperium takes the dangers of Pyskers so seriously.  What would an Arch Heretic with pyskic powers be called? 

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 09:48:58 PM »
I believe that non-named Psykers typically are limited to Lv 2. Rabble with PM Lv 3 would be, hypothetically, as Psychically powerful as Mephiston. And more powerful than any non-named Space Marine Psyker, to the best of my knowledge.

Eldar, GK, and Daemons are probably an exception, but Lv 2 is usually the top out, I think. Even GK squads are only BoP lv 1, I think.

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2015, 10:01:48 PM »
Maybe anything over level 1 is pushing it for 'grunt' pyskers.  :P  The character ones should probably go up to 3 though.

What about Pysker vehicles as well?  That's suitably renegadey.  Maybe as an upgrade for the DT of a pysker unit?  Generates the same powers as their parent unit?

Offline Gunner_Sabot_Tank

• Armies: IG, GK, Tyranids, Blood Angels
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2015, 11:32:11 PM »
Didn't you say something about vehicles with Daemonic Possesion? Idk how that works, but it sounds like something that should go hand in hand with psyker vehicles here IMO.
Vincere Vel Mori

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2015, 10:04:55 AM »
Didn't you say something about vehicles with Daemonic Possesion? Idk how that works, but it sounds like something that should go hand in hand with psyker vehicles here IMO.

Daemonic Possession is an upgrade for Chaos Marine vehicles.  It replaces the crew altogether with a demon.  It would also be a really bad idea to put Pyskers anywhere near them, as Possessed vehicles have a tendency to eat their passengers.  And a Pysker would be like a BBQ pulled pork sandwich to them.  ;)

I would make these upgrades one or the other.  You can either give it a Pysker Crew or Demonic Possession, but not both.