News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Size of your 40k army (armies)  (Read 21996 times)

Offline ZiM: THE CAKE HAS RETURNED

• Ever wondered what I look like?
Re: Size of your 40k army (armies)
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2003, 10:06:18 PM »
Ral u seem to be a bit mixed u to wether or not your trying to destroy the imperium. Any hints?
IM BACK

Offline MonkeyGod

• The Youngin'
  • "...you dont know what i got in this fake suit..."
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2003, 10:33:49 PM »
New Farsight cityfight army-1500
Tyranids-700
Imperial Guard-500

I'm Back!

Offline Fire-Walkr

• Newest
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2003, 11:12:40 PM »
I have (approximately):

2500pts Marines
1500pts Space Wolves
1500pts Biel Tan Eldar

..must have more though...

Offline Farseer Lael

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2003, 12:45:29 AM »
In one detachment I can do:

3000pts Beil-tan
4000pts Ulthwe

But overall I have about 6000+ pts of Eldar.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2003, 12:46:32 AM by Farseer Lael »
Lael Treventhius.
Farseer of the Craftworld Treventhius Psychic Warhost.

Offline Koonitz

• Ignorance is your greatest enemy
  • Ancient
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2003, 01:05:10 AM »
Total? Over 4500 points of Guard, including Infantry, Armoured, and a Scout Titan. I've used every model I had at least once, (Well, maybe not the unassembled/unpainted ones, which I plan on doing so!) so none of them were wastes of points.

I have one squad of Thousand Sons marines as well.
"I like to think of this lovely place as my home. Now you wouldn't even think about upsetting me in my home, would you? Of course you wouldn't. So do what I say, when I say, and I won't get upset. I do bad things when I'm upset."
-Drill Instructor, MechWarrior 2

"It is not my responsibility to prove you are wrong. It is your responsibility to prove you are right."
-Koonitz

"The next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face."
- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Osmann

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2003, 02:03:21 AM »
1,500 Impy Guard Armoured Column
1,500 Impy Guard Artillery Column
1,500 Impy Guard Mechanised Infantry soon to be finished
About 6 other similar sized formations planned

3,000 Raven Guard Space Marines

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2003, 03:05:15 AM »
As this keeps turning up I will sticky this post.
If your sizes change, please go back and edit your old post; don't post a new one saying "Ohhh! I added another 300 points!" It would leave this thread in trouble soon.

I have...

14600+ points Craftworld Eldar including 3300+ points of Harlequins.
3500+ points of Death-Company Marines

I also have four Fantasy armies, one of which is a Slaanesh Daemon Host which I could use for 40k if I really wanted to.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Adam LongWalker

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2003, 04:19:45 PM »
Ever fielded 120 models of Fire warriors.... hmmm? :)

I have a 5000 point Tau Army.

A 3000 Vanilla Eldar Army (just love  them Farseers on jet bikes yee haa)

and a 1500 Space Marine Scout Army for my christmas present. (scout models only for troop choices.)

The scout army seems to be effective against Orks
"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."

Offline Mad Murphy NZ

• The West Rolleston Mafia!
    • DBZ Fusion
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2003, 04:46:45 PM »
somewhere over 1k of eldar though I'm putting the army on hold untill WS kits come out next year.
Soon I'll start collecting a DE army, prolly at least 2k as well as some smaller forces of various armies to play 40k in 40 mins.

Offline mwbard

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2003, 08:21:26 PM »
Remember, you guys asked for it...

~1000pt Tyrannid
~700pts Dark Eldar
~2000pts IG (all figures are High Gravity ab-Humans but popular pressure has forced me to make them plain jane guard :( )
~2000pts (approaching 4000 if I go nuts on wargear) Harlequins
~25,000pts Eldar consisting of:
- 1500pts Exodite force
- 2500pts Aerial Force (2xNightwing, Phoenix, Vampire (all hallowed be its name)
- 7000pts Warmachines (Tempest, Scorpion, Revenant, Phantom)
- 2000pts Armorcast (other)/Epicast (Falcon/old Wave Serpent)
- 1000pts Scratch built (mostly Warp Hunters)
- 5000pts Buildings/Fortifications

NOTE: this has been accuring since 40k came out, and it mostly consists of neat toys that I wanted.  And, I do play a 5000-1000pt game 5-6 times a year (including an 8000pt per side 'Patrol Gone Bad').

As for scary people, one of the people I play with has ~23,000pts of Black Templar, ALL of which consists of normal sized 40k forces (troops, rhinos, land raiders) and ALL of which has been aquired and painted in 3 years.  (shudder).  Other people I know have a 5000pt IG force which includes 20 chimeras.  He hates building chimeras for some reason...

Offline Domina Perpetua

• Smurf Killa 4 Life
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2003, 08:30:14 PM »
2500+ Orks
2500+ Sisters
3000+ Eldar
2000+ Wych Cult
500-1000 or so various Dark Eldar (never used, just left over from a big trade)
500+ Deathwatch Kill Team
500+ or so various Inquisitorial Forces (Inquisitors, Assasins, etc...)

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2003, 05:48:31 AM »
6000 points of Black Legion
1000 points of Lost and the Damned

and somewhere I have:

3000 points of orcs and goblins (warhammer)
3000 points of chaos (warhammer)
3000-5000 points of epic chaos (haven't played in along time  ;D)
-- Through Eons even Death may die --

Offline Arcane Prototype

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2003, 05:53:21 AM »
This is over 5 years

3000p ultramarines (sold)
2000p Black templars
1000p Chaos khorne (sold)
1500p Cadian
1500p tau
1300p orks (in progress)
2500p high elves (just started!)

Offline Pandora

• [DPs]Janus_ [{RIP}] Hacking.
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2003, 07:35:50 AM »
3200 Eldar
4500 Tyranid (whaddya mean I only get one corner to deploy in?!)
Vanilla Eldar: W/L/T    U.S.F:      W/L/T
                     20/7/1                 10/3/0

<Cadian Trooper> "Sir! The Hormagaunts are almost in melee with out Youth Platoon!"
<Cadian Colonel> "Bah! Myboy, any army that relies totally on numbers can never win!"
<Cadian Trooper> "Right sir, my mistake."

Offline Wingednothing

• Mother Isha
  • No te vaya.
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2003, 01:58:35 PM »
Eldar: ~2000 pts
Dark Eldar: ~450 pts
Chaos Marines (Tzeench): ~200 pts

so yeah... lots of work still to be done.

ah yes, and two Cadians
« Last Edit: December 17, 2003, 02:03:48 PM by Wingednothing »
When I think of heaven
Deliver me in a black-winged bird
I think of dying
Lay me down in a field of flame and heather
Render up my body into the burning heart of God in the belly of a black-winged bird
Don’t try to bleed me
Cause I’ve been here before and I deserve a little more

Offline tempest cmdr

• pulsar's kill mon-keigh
    • Tsunami Studios
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2003, 10:20:34 PM »
all total i have just over 7000 pts of eldar in total. they break down like this.......
... mosel pts, not added pts like exarch powers or psyker power

1500 saim hann
  500 ulthwe (which is growing)
5000 of Khaine's white thorns (my own based on biel-tann)

Khaine's white thorns are still growing.
about once a month we do an all day event where we play over 5000 pts. epic campaigns... for the greater good?..... nope, the galaxy will be set right by the acsencion of the eldar the the rulers once more through much mon keigh bloodshed.
Let the battle be taken swift and mercilessly, upon the mon-keigh...... Let them fall upon the battlefields in heaps of broken and bloody offerings to Khaine.......Let us spread our glory upon the misdirected on the mudball they call...TERRA.

Offline Adkjfhaskljdgflaksj

• With me, it's instant chummy.
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2003, 10:27:18 PM »
First off, Dear lord. 14,000pts? 25,000pts? well I have 1,750 of Space Wolves.

Offline ArchonCryx

• Dracon Author of long replies
  • Ancient
  • Dracon: Kabal of the Bloodied Claw of Despair
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2003, 06:08:54 AM »
Be warned - you will see how I earned my title in this post!  ::)

Well, not that I really keep count once beyond about 3000points...

I guess more than 7500points of Dark Eldar, including 7 Raiders and 3 Ravagers along with Asdrubael Vect. It's neat to be able to field a really big force when occaision does call for it - I once played a huge 3500point Wych Cult army with seven Wych squads (admittedly I had some warrior/ccw/SP and a couple of Howling Banshees who counted as wyches). Still managed to field about 30 official Wych models and another 20 or more Dark Elf Witches played as nice looking wyches. Ive never played Dark Elves, but I use the Witch models a lot! It breaks up the monotony and allows me to field cool looking all female squads of Wyches! I have at least one of all six of the Wych Weapon models plus several Succubus models. Also have 2 Leliths....

Anyway...Then theres my "secondary army", Dark Angels.

I started off painting the 20 or so marine models Ive had since I began the hobby in DA colours. After about 2 yeards or so of playing Dark Eldar to the exclusion of all I wanted something very diuffeerent. Terminators....Heav y armour, tough, and move relatively slow. So completely different to DE, you know-paper armour, delicate, and ridiculously fast! So Deathwing became my second army, and a DA detachment naturally grew in tandem with this.

3000points maximum, Deathwing with 37 terminators available with Grand Master and Chaplain plus a Land Raider and two Dreads.

Dark Angels Detachment: Excluding Deathwing, about 5000points. I have almost all the special characters excepting Seargeant Naamaan, he just looks soooo puny plus I have no Scouts apart from Scout Bikers. ANyway, this includes a couple of Whirlwinds, 3 Land speeders (two with Assault Cannons), 2 Biker squads including 5 Scout Bikers who still, by some strange co-incidence, ride Black Bikes! There's many troops, I can field about 100 or so Marines that are currently painted up. I have many robed figures - including a couple of Vet Sgt conversions plus a robed techmarine, robed apothecary, Robed Plasma Cannon, Lascannon and Plasma Guns! It looks soo cool to have lots of guys running around in robes! Even though I don't deliberately collect Ravenwing, it is conceivable for me to field a 1000point Ravenwing force!

Ive got a full Goliath Gang for Necromunda. Not sure what points I can get up to, a fair few Id say, sufficient for all the Necro Ive een playing. In fact we've been playing a home brew mixing in some Inquisitor rules (including the D100 charecterisitics) with Necromunda as a basis. We usually play smaller sized gangs of 5 to 7 models with 1` leader, 1 Heavy and 1 or 2 Juves.

Projects...

Getting much of my marine stuff from ebay - i ended up with about 150 or so marne figures, so I decided I would, at some point, use them for something.... probably in another chapter. Flesh Tearers intrigues me as a rather interesting choice that would also play differently to DE/DA. So 30models (most already assembled) are earmarked for my Flesh Tearers army., I guess this represents about 500points or so. Theres plenty of Missile launchers and Flamers available... Ha, flamers, p'rhaps I should consider Sallies instead!

Lost and The Damned/Emperorer's Kids. Mostly unassembled, I have about 1500points so far. Since so many are still on sprues, Ive decided to mix and match 20 marine models with 2 Chaos boxes, attempting to build up some 36 or so Chaos Marines. More than enough to start my Lost and The Damned Horde with. I figure one squad of possessed and 2 six man squads from troops would be a nice boost for the 90+Mutants I hope to take. hose Mutants are still on sprue, still inside the 5Mutant bags I snapped up. Soon to be acquired is a Defiler and an Obliterator or two.

Dark Elves. My long stalling Fantasy project. I could just about scrape together 2000points with 36 warriors, 5 Dark Riders, 15 Corsairs, a Sorceress, a noble or highborn on Cold One, and some 36 Witches! Mostly unassembled and unpainted except for the Witches and Dark Riders which are fully painted.

And what next? Well, I hope some day to evolve the marines supporting my mutants into a full on Emperorer's kids army. Hopefully by the time I get to this (a year or so before I get through the above, I'd say) my painting will have improved sufficiently to do a really nice job for Emperorer's Children. IMO these really deserve an exciting, vibrant, and especially, well painted result.

The biggest battle Ive played - A 5000point Dark Eldar army vs Necrons and Eldar with a second 5000point DE army pitching in! That was a massive 20 000 point game  :o and proves that you can use all your models, or at least a big proportion. This was the culmination of a month's build up between the main four protsagonists in gradually escalating battles. It would have been 25 000points but for the 1000Son player not showing up :(

Does this answer the question/s? ::) ;)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2003, 06:11:07 AM by ArchonAlex »
"As a rule of thumb, the designers do not hide "easter eggs" in the rules. If clever reading is required to unlock some sort of hidden option, then it is most likely just a result of wishful thinking." Pete Haines   ;)

Lords of Terra (Open) +High Lords (invitational)- Sydney July 24-25 2012, 1750pts, check lordsofterra.com

Offline deadrose

• LONG LIVE FARSIGHT WITH OUT HIM THERE IS NO LIGHT
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2003, 07:41:33 AM »
wow :o that's a lot of mims every one has.
For me i have 1800 for tau i still need 200pts for them.

Athere that i like to get a ig or sm army say 1,5k of.

is it me or some peeps go casy fo mins 5000 pts
    god that's lot of cash to spend
         FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!!
TILL END TILLL THE END OF ALL I WILL REST
 NOT TILL THEN TILL THE END AS I CALL FOR
 THE END O'SHOVAH O'SHOVAH O'SHOVAH

Offline mwbard

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2003, 02:06:38 PM »
Yes, some of these people do terrify me.  I may be one of the insane ones with 25k points, but the vast majority were bought 10-15 years ago when a squad of 5 metal aspect warriors cost $8CDN.