News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New to Orks  (Read 479 times)

Offline Darkling

• This is my personal text
New to Orks
« on: October 19, 2007, 05:14:33 AM »
Recently, my friend decided to start a 40k army. He has a fantasy orc army, and would like to continue collecting them in 40k. However, he would like to know whether or not orks are a noob friendly army, and if so, how should his army be structured, and how should he play it? Thanx ;D

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
Re: New to Orks
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 09:56:11 AM »
Hey,

Orks are fine for Noobs.  That's because Orks are so good in a fight!  They kick butt!  They're really tough!  And you get LOTS of them for the points!

Let your friend know that new Ork Stuff is coming out in Dec or January including a brand new Codex.  Until then, he can't go wrong with a box of Boyz and a mean, mean Warboss.
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline mitchbones

• I don't want to die without any scars
    • My "Needs More Lensflare" Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 07:14:45 PM »
I personally would just save up my money till the new codex and models come out.

I am new to 40k also and play orks, defiantly noob friendly.
Losing all hope is freedom.

Offline lemurking23

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 07:53:28 PM »
If he wants to get into 40k, Orks are a solid starter army.  With as many boyz as you get, you can make plenty of mistakes and not be massacred like other armies.

I'd advise to wait and save up cash for the new Ork releases sometime at the end of this year.  With new trukks and new bikes, it'd be a waste to buy the box they have now and have most of it be outdated within a few months. If he really wants to start getting into it now, a box of boyz is never a bad investment, you'll always need more.

If I wanted to be normal I'd dedicate 10 hours a day to a cubicle.

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 10:45:53 AM »
I second that.  A box of Boyz is never a waste.  Best suggestion for the Ork Player is to work on assembling and painting these, then see what the date is when you finish.  Who knows?  It may even be December or January by then at which point the new Dex will be available.

A kind friend would play a small game with him once he has 16 Orks assembled.  A bit of rules-bending would be needed, since there wouldn't be enough to fill the FOC, but that shouldn't matter, Boyz will fight no matter what!  A small game is smart for a new player anyway.

Waaagghhh
Solorg

PS - an excellent starter game you can play using a box of 16 Boyz:

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/orks/gettingstarted/start_play.htm
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN