News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: SOB, Grey KNights,Inquisitors, and Deathwatch  (Read 8333 times)

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
Re:SOB, Grey KNights,Inquisitors, and Deathwatch
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2003, 10:34:39 PM »
Hello all,

After reading Draco and Harlequin, I would say that it is more like psychically gifted people being harvested/abducted/confiscated (and any other not-so-nice words). They are all taken to Terra, educated and most end up as part of the Astronomicon. Only the most gifted and best become inquisitors. I don't know anything about people there becomming commisars but it sounds pleasable (most of what I know anout Inquisitors comes from the Inquisition War trilogy, and those books don't deal with commisars).

Farseer Ulthrion

Jez how could I forget about the Black Ships! *wack's head, ouch!*

Offline 1000 sons

• Tzeentch, Lord of Sorcery, and Changer of Ways
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2003, 08:18:34 PM »
What do ya guys think of usin the Lmt. Editon Adeptus Mechanicus Skullz set as my Inquisitor Lord and Retinue? I mean, it would add even more diversity in my army. What do ya guys think?  ???
Every book was sacred, every writing worthy of study, every document a resource to be drained. The ultimate knowledge was sorcery, the way to final enlightment, the key to the universe.

"Magnus the Red did take to the field of battle, causing the ravedged ground to liquefy 'neath his mighty stride........Magnu s spoke a word of power, and did sink away into the iridescent ground" -  the Edda of the Hammer

Offline Scythe

• Banned for flaming
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2003, 11:08:39 PM »
What do ya guys think of usin the Lmt. Editon Adeptus Mechanicus Skullz set as my Inquisitor Lord and Retinue? I mean, it would add even more diversity in my army. What do ya guys think?  ???

Wouldn't have a clue what your talking about?

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2003, 11:39:19 PM »
Come on, scythe, you have got to seen the Adeptus Mechancius skullz set before! You had to spend like 150 Skullz to get the set, and in order to get 1 skull, you had to spend 15 bucks on GW mail order. SO you had to spend like 1500.00 bucks just to get the damn set. I was lucky enough to pic them up in a trade. I was also lucky enough to get two other very rare models included, Inquisitor Hand, and Ephral Stern.
Every book was sacred, every writing worthy of study, every document a resource to be drained. The ultimate knowledge was sorcery, the way to final enlightment, the key to the universe.

"Magnus the Red did take to the field of battle, causing the ravedged ground to liquefy 'neath his mighty stride........Magnu s spoke a word of power, and did sink away into the iridescent ground" -  the Edda of the Hammer

Offline Scythe

• Banned for flaming
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2003, 11:41:42 PM »
Nope never ever seen them. What country had that to give away?

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2003, 11:44:06 PM »
I believe it was the US, hmmm..... heres a link to what they look like on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3123920655&category=31399

This is the set im talkin about.

Offline Scythe

• Banned for flaming
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2003, 11:47:05 PM »
Now see I live in NZ so, little hard to get your hands on US Skulls promotion.

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2003, 11:48:30 PM »
Oh. Well, they are OOP now. Skullz stoped bout 2 years ago. Anyway, what do ya think about da minis? I think they look to awsome not to be included in my army.

Offline Scythe

• Banned for flaming
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2003, 11:49:12 PM »
There good, in fact they would work kinda well.

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #49 on: April 1, 2003, 01:06:34 AM »
I think that they are prob. the best mini's i have seen GW produce. There is so much detail for such mini's its kinda weird that GW decided not to sell the to the general public. But w/e. Anyone got ideas on what I should equip my Inquisitor Lord and Retinue? Since the thought of my idea for my army came from this board, I want my army lists to be chosen by members of this board. Lets start with my Inquisitor Lord. What should I equip him with? What retinue members should i choose? What transport?

Offline Farseer Ulthrion

• Hello All,
  • Ancient
    • In case anyone is wondering what I do at university
« Reply #50 on: April 1, 2003, 08:22:02 AM »
Hello all,

I was also lucky enough to get two other very rare models included, Inquisitor Hand, and Ephral Stern.

I thought the Ephrael Stern model was a bit disappointing though. But that doesn't mean that I'm jealous ;). Actually, I would do stuff which the inquisition better not hear about to get my hands on those models :D.

You don't happen to have those models painted and online somewhere do you?

Farseer Ulthrion
"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes."
-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Read about my  Daughters of the Martyred Lady (Sisters of Battle).
Check out my collection of Manga and Anime.

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #51 on: April 1, 2003, 06:13:55 PM »
No, not painted yet. I am waiting to build a list before i start paintin models. Yea, Stern could have been way cooler, but yet she still is pretty cool.

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #52 on: April 2, 2003, 05:56:52 PM »
Come on people, help me out with my Inquisitor Lord and Retinue! PLZZZ. lol, i really dont know what to make of this HQ choice.

Offline Scythe

• Banned for flaming
« Reply #53 on: April 2, 2003, 07:04:08 PM »
Well go through the mags and find models you like and try find them on the net and order them. Thats how I got my HQ. Set me back a bit in cash but a truly unqiue HQ

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #54 on: April 2, 2003, 07:53:25 PM »
lol, i mainly concerned on what i should run in my retinue, such as acolytes, sages, etc. isn't the limit for an Inquisitor Lord like 16 henchmen or somethin?

Offline Scythe

• Banned for flaming
« Reply #55 on: April 2, 2003, 07:56:14 PM »
Oh I'll post mine. Its quite good if I don't say so myself.

HQ: Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord:

Weapons: Anointed Weapon; Needle Pistol
Wargear: Icon Of The Just; Grimoire of True Names; Psycannon Bolts; Sanctuary; Destroy Daemon; Targeter
= 146

Retinue: 6 Models
2*Servo Skull;  Exorcist; Castigator; Sage; IG Veteran w/ Plasma Gun; Astropath
= 64

There that's mine. Also no comments needed, the HQ works just perfectly and is just to show 1000 Sons.

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #56 on: April 2, 2003, 08:20:35 PM »
Oh I'll post mine. Its quite good if I don't say so myself.

HQ: Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord:

Weapons: Anointed Weapon; Needle Pistol
Wargear: Icon Of The Just; Grimoire of True Names; Psycannon Bolts; Sanctuary; Destroy Daemon; Targeter
= 146

Retinue: 6 Models
2*Servo Skull;  Exorcist; Castigator; Sage; IG Veteran w/ Plasma Gun; Astropath
= 64

There that's mine. Also no comments needed, the HQ works just perfectly and is just to show 1000 Sons.

It looks rather good and prob. good on the battlefield. You ever think of puttin them into some type of transport?

Offline Scythe

• Banned for flaming
« Reply #57 on: April 2, 2003, 08:30:02 PM »
Yeah they can go in a Rhino, I then give the Inquisitor a Teleport Homer, they can really save your butt.

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #58 on: April 2, 2003, 10:08:49 PM »
Hmm, alright. Lets see, since my friend has my codex right now, whats the maximum number of Henchmen an Inquisitor Lord may have? I need to know as i plan on putin my Inquisitor Lord and Retinue in a Land Raider.

Offline Scythe

• Banned for flaming
« Reply #59 on: April 3, 2003, 01:55:05 AM »
Lord Min3 - Max 12
Elite Min0 - Max 6