News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2k Overlords List  (Read 981 times)

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
2k Overlords List
« on: August 6, 2018, 02:13:01 PM »
So, here's my latest effort on making a 2k Overlord list that might actually win something:

Admiral

Aetherkhemist

Navigator

Endrinmaster

10 Arkanauts with 3 skyhooks

6 Endrinriggers

6 Endrinriggers

Ironclad with Great Sky Cannon

Frigate with Heavy Sky Cannon

That's just the units though.  I don't know which skyport to choose, and which artifacts to take either.  I was thinking of ditching the Endrinmaster and Aetheric Navigator and using the points to increase the Endrinriggers to 9, but these days it pays to have unbinding on hand.  Plus the Master really will help keep the Ironclad afloat.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: 2k Overlords List
« Reply #1 on: August 6, 2018, 06:26:20 PM »
I'm going to preface this, by saying 2/6 missions in the generals handbook require either wizards, or heros with artifacts to score objectives. Places of Arcane Power, for example, will be very hard for you to win, as you have only one artifact in your army.

I know you play in a fairly competitive group, so my advice will be based on that.

First, I suggest you buy the getting started book for Age of Sigmar. It's $10cnd, and includes a Knight Incantor (probably a $30-$40 model). This is a wizard, who can once per game automatically dispel any spell. I think the inclusion of this model would be very valuable for your army, and will give you the ability to handle endless spells and also gets you a wizard to capture objectives with.

He's 140pts, so I think that's fairly comparable with the Navigator, or can replace the Endrinmaster if you have a spare couple of points.

So, Overlords are the sort of army, where in a 5 round tourniment you'll expect (with practice and a good list), go 3/5. Their units sort of don't have a lot of variety, so you will find situations you will struggle with.

The common way for overlords to do well, is the 'Clown Car' list, where you take the Barak in which you can deepstrike one of your ships, load as many units as you can into it, deepstrike and charge out of it Turn 1.

With Command points allowing re-roll charges, and the Endrinriggers having fly (so they can fly over chaff walls), that's probably your best bet. I'd probably put as many Endrinriggers into one unit, to make most benifit of the command re-roll for charges.

I think the rest of the list is fine. There are not really any bad units in KO, but they are fairly expensive, and the Company are equiped just as I would run them.

I think the main thing, is playing games and figuring out which ship to drop, what to put inside and knowing where to drop it, to unload your murder balloons.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: August 8, 2018, 02:37:52 PM »
Thanks for the advice Killersquid!  :)

The getting started box isn't a limited release is it?  I do want it, as I'm planning to do Sacrosant Chamber Stormcast anyway.  I guess the navigator needs to go.  ;D

And it sounds like Barak Zilfin is the way to go. 

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: August 8, 2018, 04:52:20 PM »
The starter is the new core set, so it'll be around for a while! I just know the getting started magazine is a fantastic deal for $10 for a very utilitarian character.

I do love navigators, and with that one artifact are great at stopping spells, but you need a spellcaster to dispel endless spells once they are on the table, and some can be very annoying if you let them stick around!
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 05:04:13 PM »
Oh yeah I can imagine!  I don’t quite fancy having the Jaws flying around biting all my stuff!  ;D

• Ancient
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 07:49:50 PM »
Oh yeah I can imagine!  I don’t quite fancy having the Jaws flying around biting all my stuff!  ;D

Yeah, and the Jaws are really good for their points, and are very fast! You don't want them running amok. Hell, even someone holding up your ships with the Soulsnare Shackles would be game changing.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria