News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Creating an Elite Salamander unit. Assistance needed  (Read 863 times)

Offline Aislinn

• "If it bleeds, we can kill it"
Creating an Elite Salamander unit. Assistance needed
« on: August 8, 2011, 03:19:03 AM »
So here is the general idea I had in mind:  A salamander unit that is big on flamey stuff and the entire unit is decked out in Drake Scales.  I had envisioned the drake scales having some purpose to them like: re-rolling an armour save, plus one to the armour save, plus one toughness, or something like that.  I really don't know which way to go on that.  I want every unit to have the option to upgrade bolters to flamers for some given points maybe 15 or ten?  and up to two models to take heavy flamers or melta-guns for 20 or 35 points? and I am kinda leaning toward them being able to take drop pods also. 
   I want this to be a shock unit mainly, to deepstrike in and kill as many troops as possible.  I maybe am leaning toward them being able to take slow and purposeful or infiltrate for 5 or 10 pts per model.

The fluff behind these guys is they are called Promethean Dragons/Nocturnal Hammers, and they are part of the Salamanders First company elites.  they have worked hard over many campaigns and have conquered many foes.  these few warriors have had no task tougher than taking out a Drake on their homeworld, and they all took scales from the beast and decorated their armour with them.  Because of their love of Fire, they also ornament their armour with images of flames as well.  Every member of this unit is skilled in the use of all flame weapons as well as the Holy Bolter.  However, they love Fire much much more.  These Marines are known to go behind enemy lines and wreak havoc with their many flamers, or to guard objectives and burn all who wish to defile their relics. 
  "Their song shall die first!"