News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: IG Guide to Forge World Gear  (Read 30954 times)

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
Re: IG Guide to Forge World Gear
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 07:27:07 AM »
UPDATE:  Two new armylist posted, and Macharius moved to Super Heavy Tanks, all confirmed for IAV5 release....More IAV5 updates coming as the book is released! ;D
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2007, 05:22:41 PM »
UPDATE: I got a copy of IAV5 now....so the new update to the guide is now complete! Enjoy!

Also anyone who wanted those PDFs from the gear in IAV5....your time is up. FW has pulled the PDFs from the Download area. Sorry Everyone....
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 10:29:57 PM by Princeps Veers »
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #22 on: June 8, 2007, 04:35:53 PM »
UPDATE: Malcador!!! Fresh for 07'....Get your PDF here!

Offline Valhalla114

• Major
  • Salamanders are for people who have great hair.
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2007, 12:39:11 AM »
Does IA5 have the option for the Macharius to dish out the vanquishers cannons, battle cannons and Vulcan bolters? Just wondering if it's worth buying...

Oh, and sorry to stir up the dead article, but I didnt want to start a fresh article when this IS the article where the conversation will end up.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 12:40:37 AM by Valhalla114 »
Alfred the Cogboy. Only in death does duty End.

Offline Dr_Ruminahui

• General | Missing: a title, and smilies
  • Ancient
  • Inquisitor Psychologis Ruminahui
    • Some of my painted minis
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2007, 02:07:11 AM »
The fact that the rules are available online tells us "no" - Forgeworld removes its online rules as soon as they are published in one of their books.

Inquisitor Psychologis Ruminahui
The rules forum rules - no spamming, no flaming, no playing devil's advocate
------
2007: Tied for Most Valuable Non-Staff Member (with Full Metal Geneticist)
2008: Nicest Member, Strategic Excellence, Best Imperial Guard Poster, Rules Expert
2009: Best Local
2010: Nicest Member, Rules Expert

40KO IG Best painted - Storm troopers & Chimera

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2007, 07:46:33 AM »
Does IA5 have the option for the Macharius to dish out the vanquishers cannons, battle cannons and Vulcan bolters? Just wondering if it's worth buying...

Oh, and sorry to stir up the dead article, but I didnt want to start a fresh article when this IS the article where the conversation will end up.

It's ok, this isn't a "dead" post...more of an "Immortal" one. Since I usually post updates to the list here. Just like in the All IG Doctrines List post. So feel free to post here when you have a question.

As for the variants available to you in IAV5. I believe the Vanquisher version is in the book, but the Vulcan Megabolter version is indeed new. Which I expect we will see in either the FW Update for this year, or IAV6 which is slated for release around December.

Offline Plague Tower of Nurgle

• Ork Boy
  • My troops are protected by "Nurgley Goodness"
    • Northeast Gamers Hub
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2007, 02:44:03 PM »
the Mecharius Vanq experimental rules are still for download, havent seen any with the Vulcans tho.
legion of sickness
lord of misery
after my death I rise in immortality
unleashing the horror my words are infected
feast on my rot
I am resurrected

resurrection of the rotten
resurrection of the dead

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2007, 02:59:13 PM »
the Mecharius Vanq experimental rules are still for download, havent seen any with the Vulcans tho.

If you read the 2.0 verson of the Vanquisher rules for the Mach., the rules for the vulcans are there....

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/pdf/macharius.pdf

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2007, 12:21:41 AM »
"BIG" UPDATE: With the upcoming release of the new Imperial Armor Apocalypse, I have updated the list with the known contents of the book. As stated by FW, those pieces in this book will superseed the existing Imperial Armor Update 2006, so I have made changes to the listed based on this new info. Also a new section has been added to the list....Apocalypse Formations will focus on FW Exclusive Formations. As always, if you wish to discuss these issues please DO NOT post here as this is considered a closed post for Updates only, use the link below to discuss issues in the IG FW Universal post...thanks! Enjoy!

Mega ForgeWorld Discussion Post

Your Local Mars Rep,
CM
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 12:23:05 AM by Chosen Man »

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2007, 11:11:53 PM »
WARMACHINE UPDATE: Just doing some general house keeping of the list. I've also gone back and reviewed Imp Armor Apocalypse now that I have a hard copy. Not much has changed, although I did add the Chaos Warhound, since it now an option for one of the armylist on this guide. I've also removed any reference to Imperial Update 2006 from gear that is now available in Imp Armor Apocalypse, since that material is superseeded by the new addition. Some gear is not in the new book but was in IAUpdate, so a reference is left there in case someone has IAUpdate. Also all PDF links are still working....Mission Accomplished in 2007....See you in 2008 with more FW Gear! Enjoy!

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2008, 10:06:51 PM »
UPDATE: It's a new year for FW and with it comes one of the biggest release for the IG Forces. The first official version of the Reaver Battle Titan rules is now available in PDF. Check it out! Also the following PDFs are now gone from the FW site, if you want the rules you'll have to invest in FW books.

Macharius Heavy Tank: IAV5, IAA
Macharius "Vanquisher" Heavy Tank: IAV5, IAA
Macharius "Vulcan" Heavy Tank: IAA
Malcador Heavy Tank: IAA

Enjoy! :o

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #31 on: November 2, 2008, 01:55:35 AM »
UPDATE: Ah! A new edition of Imperial Armor is here....While I have been cruising thru it the last month or so...I've learned a few new things....First off is the new addition of a Khorne themed Renegades and Heretics armylist. As well as some new units for the FW DKoK armylist. Also a few recently pulled PDF rules have showed up in this new book. It should be noted that the points price of the PDF Reaver Titan is WRONG! A new points price is included in the new IAV6 book. I have gone thru the list of items and made small changes where needed.

A new category has been added to the list. The new Renegades and Heretics now has Air Assets listed as part of the list, the new book also has profiles for the fighters in this book, therefore since this is now part of the IG/R&H list the "Renegade Air Force" section has been added.

As always....Enjoy! CARRY ON!

CM, Mars Rep  ;D

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2008, 12:06:47 AM »
UPDATE: Ah! New Toys from the Mars Santa are on the way! As a parting shot for this year FW has unleashed yet Another Super Heavy Tank in the Malcador chassis class! The new Valdor Tank Hunter has joined the mega list, along with experimental PDF Ver 1.0 Rules for you enjoyment!

As always....Enjoy! CARRY ON!

CM, Mars Rep  ;D

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #33 on: September 2, 2009, 11:11:51 PM »
UPDATE: It's been a while since I last made any update to this important document. With the release of the new Armored Battle Group list and IG Codex, I have added a new army list, along with links to the new revised books in PDF Form to the list. I don't have IAV7 yet, but once I do I will return to make more proper changes. I have also added IAV8 to the list with the rumored Imps vs Ork name....We shall see....

As Always....Enjoy!

CM, Mars Rep 8)

Offline Drasnighta

• Lord of the Fourth (Edition) - BADGaming
« Reply #34 on: September 3, 2009, 08:52:12 AM »
Can I please point out that the points cost on the PDF "Trial Rules" v1.0 of the Reaver Titan differs significantly from the Official IA6 Version...?

The vehicle and its rules are unchanged, but the points cost has varied by a significant amount, although I am sure I cannot post exactly how much by...
Tournament Placings:
Arcanacon 2009:  14 / 154 - 1st Placed Imperial Guard on Generalship to boot!

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #35 on: September 3, 2009, 09:52:43 AM »
Can I please point out that the points cost on the PDF "Trial Rules" v1.0 of the Reaver Titan differs significantly from the Official IA6 Version...?

The vehicle and its rules are unchanged, but the points cost has varied by a significant amount, although I am sure I cannot post exactly how much by...

I have already pointed this out in a previous update. No I will not post the difference in points here, if you want to know, get the book. Thanks!

Offline Drasnighta

• Lord of the Fourth (Edition) - BADGaming
« Reply #36 on: September 3, 2009, 11:13:38 AM »
Read the posts and missed it...  Apologies! 

I wasn't advocating stating how many points, was just stating that *I* wasn't going to either...
Tournament Placings:
Arcanacon 2009:  14 / 154 - 1st Placed Imperial Guard on Generalship to boot!

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2010, 12:44:09 AM »
UPDATE: With the help of several of you who have posted in the FW IG megathread, and some information from IAV7, I have updated the list today to reflect the most up to date information. More updates to come...Enjoy!

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2010, 10:58:29 PM »
UPDATE: Oh yeah the Elysians are back baby!! Sweet Droptroops for your enjoyment....yes I have a copy of IAV8, and a proper update has been done here for all the new gear and armylist. FW also has a new web site, and I have removed all dead PDF links, but I have found the Update links for IA 1&2 if your looking for them. They still exist on the FW site! As always Mars provides....

-CM
Your Local Mars Rep

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2010, 12:12:03 PM »
Q&A for IA:8 now available. First up - rules for the aux grenade launcher and homing beacon.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.