News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: list comp vs decurion  (Read 899 times)

Offline mikesusername

list comp vs decurion
« on: May 20, 2016, 12:11:26 PM »
so i treid to post this earlier, sorry if it gets double billed.

I have never faced a decurion before and honestly i designed this more as a generic army  but here it is.

guardian battle host

farseer - no upgrades
viper (no upgrades)
warwalker (2*scatter)
shadow weaver
30 guardians with 3 EMLS

wraithhost

WK with shield and glaive
Wraith lord with glaive
spirit seer
8 wraithblades with axes
5 wraithguard iwth sythes
5 wriathguard with sythes

Eldrad

total 1845

so the fun bit with this army is eldrads default warlord trait enabling scout.  Ideally you get at least 2 units.  those two units are of course the sythe guard.

having these two units in reserve with the ability to fleet 6 and fire their flamers creates a large incentive for your opponent to deploy away from the table edges. 

all the psi might goes with the wraithguard with an emphasis on getting fortune and invizibility.  hopefully your spirit seer gets the armor upgrade!

basically the combat blob runs 12 inches a turn up the middle till it gets stuck in backed up by the knight and the lord.  ideally the squished together enemy will be ripe for a maxed eldritch storm too.  worth menitoning is the extended charge range from the re-roll for all the wraith units.

the guardian host provides basic annoyance and objective taking.  general experience is that guardians die fast vs necrons.  that being said,  if I have the opportunity to move into range (effective 24 inches)  to unload into a destroyer squad, or to charge even, odds are I'll take it.  Otherwise try and stay out of LOS, hold objectives, and pre-engage anything that might tarpit a more important unit.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 03:49:57 PM by mikesusername »

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
Re: list comp vs decurion
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 12:11:28 AM »
Decurions are nasty, since they have a better RP and can take more punishments.
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat