News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Welcome all Newcomers!  (Read 177016 times)

Offline Farseer Arendil

• Ork Boy
  • For the Craftworld
  • Armies: Alaitoc Eldar, Orks
Re: Welcome all Newcomers!
« Reply #3020 on: April 13, 2010, 12:33:44 PM »
Welcome to the forums, glad to have you here.  Plenty of information and great advice will be found in the Dark Eldar forums, and fun for all can be found in the tavern
Besides, the FW DCCW is too damn awesome not to put it on a ven dread... Holy Moly! You know something? that's not even a proper DA ven dread; its a generic ven dread with a RW icon plastered on one side after half the icon's wing has been cut away, pathetic! :P

Offline Aunvir

• FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!!
« Reply #3021 on: April 19, 2010, 10:29:21 PM »
Hey all! I'm Philip

Been playing for about a year and a half but looking at it much longer. Play tau currently but i'm hoping to move to dark eldar soon!

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #3022 on: April 20, 2010, 01:16:43 AM »
Welcome to 40konline Aunvir. Enjoy the Community!

I am sure you will find our Tau and Dark Eldar boards most informative, and should the mood strike you for another army we have a forum for that one too!

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Farseer Arendil

• Ork Boy
  • For the Craftworld
« Reply #3023 on: April 20, 2010, 10:14:15 AM »
Welcome to the forums, as a former Tau player let me say, good luck with your fish elves, and in the Tau forums, Saytael and Locke are more than available to lead you down the path of right in advice and what not.  As for Dark Eldar, you'd just have to drop in there and see what's shaking.  Oh and there is always the tavern if you are looking for a little fun and games.... just watch out what games you agree too.
Besides, the FW DCCW is too damn awesome not to put it on a ven dread... Holy Moly! You know something? that's not even a proper DA ven dread; its a generic ven dread with a RW icon plastered on one side after half the icon's wing has been cut away, pathetic! :P

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #3024 on: April 21, 2010, 06:05:43 PM »
Oh and there is always the tavern if you are looking for a little fun and games.... just watch out what games you agree too.

If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(

Besides that, hello and welcome!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 06:07:01 PM by Land Rover Tangi dosn't really like Jeeps very much..... »

Offline lottrup

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3025 on: April 24, 2010, 02:19:27 PM »
Hey y'all. Martin from Denmark Here. I'v been playnig for 15-17 years now.

Just wanted to say hi.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #3026 on: April 24, 2010, 02:26:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Playing that long means you've seen quite a few changes in the game.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #3027 on: April 24, 2010, 09:20:14 PM »
Welcome to 40konline lottrup. Enjoy the Community!
You have been at this nearly as long as I have... I hope you settle into the Community and share with everyone the things you have learned in all of this time.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Farseer Arendil

• Ork Boy
  • For the Craftworld
« Reply #3028 on: April 26, 2010, 11:25:06 AM »
Welcome to the forums, normally I would throw in some semi-witty saying here, but I don't want the title of tavern whore, so yeah, welcome.

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
« Reply #3029 on: April 26, 2010, 07:37:21 PM »
Welcome to all the kiddies.
As for all those backstabbers, I'm technically not a bear (I'm a Sanctjud), so they can't be talking about me...

For those new to the game I would highly tempt you to the forces of Chaos... we've got cookies, muffins, gummie bears...and Megan Fox.
Come closer, come hither, enter the the magical contraption that is the Candy Van and claim your ...er...

Welcome to 40KO.
Don't hesitate to PM me about anything, I'll certainly make it a fun responce :D.

I play Chaos Space Marines, Vanilla Space Marines, Eldar, and Tau, I know alot of random stuff if of the shy one's have random questions.
40KO is a fun and well-knit community.
And as the Taverns... it's all just fun and games... I promise the first time won't hurt... ...much :D
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3030 on: April 26, 2010, 07:45:45 PM »

And as the Taverns... it's all just fun and games... I promise the first time won't hurt... ...much :D

I pity all those newbies who come out of the bathroom, walking awkwardly and with a face like this: :o

Anyway, welcome to all.  And remember, the elite of the IG are bunkered down in their relevant board, so all you enlistee's hop over there double time.

Tangi out.

Offline Corporal McChirpy McTerrerfex IV

• HOO-RAA!
« Reply #3031 on: April 26, 2010, 09:10:08 PM »
I pity all those newbies who come out of the bathroom, walking awkwardly and with a face like this: :o

I'm glad I'm not one of them!

Just reannouncing myself here cause I've been away for a while, so hello everyone! :)
We're cool like a root cellar, even if no one replies to this thread, so long as you follow the rules.  -Mr.Peanut

I didn't listen, and now I have a bucket on my head.  Very sad little yellow face.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #3032 on: April 26, 2010, 09:48:25 PM »
You're Tangi's split personality so you don't count. This isn't Fight Club after all.  :)
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3033 on: April 26, 2010, 11:00:47 PM »
You're Tangi's split personality so you don't count. This isn't Fight Club after all.  :)

Spilt personality?  Don't be ridiculous!  I'm not crazy!  My windshield wipers said so!

P.S:

I may have lead some amongst you to falsely believe that Sanctjud was both a bear, and a danger to your bodily orifices.  This was a lie on my part, for which I am truly sorry.

Sanctjud has never been anything but kind, gentle and generous, especially to the younger amongst us.  Don't believe me?  Join him inside his van, and you will see some things which will change you......for the better!

So all you newbies out there, rush to the Space Tavern, and meet up with ''Uncle'' Sanct, who is not terrorizing me, or anybody else for that matter, in anyway! :D

Offline Vinci

« Reply #3034 on: May 1, 2010, 05:26:03 PM »
Hello all, names mike. A friend got me into 40k about a year ago and now I love the hobby. I mostly play IG and witch hunters. I'm really big into random terrain projects, currently building a tau bastion(nearly the same as the one in the WD magazine a few months back). Ive lurked this site for months, figured it was time to join up :D look forward to meeting you all.

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3035 on: May 1, 2010, 05:29:01 PM »
Hey Mike!  Welcome to the site! :)

Hope to see you around the IG boards!

Offline Nomsheep, the Modhunter.

• Sanity is for the weak,
  • Armies: Dark eldar and sons of malice.
« Reply #3036 on: May 1, 2010, 05:45:10 PM »
welcome to 40ko.

enjoy your sanity while you stilll have it. :)
Someday someone will say something about me witty or memorable enough to put here til then enjoy this;
Rule 66: the cake is a lie

Working tirelessly to revive BattleFleet Fury

WE need YOU

Offline Farseer Arendil

• Ork Boy
  • For the Craftworld
« Reply #3037 on: May 3, 2010, 10:13:47 AM »
Welcome to the site.  As a fair warning, not everyone here is in their right frame of mind, but thankfully we are keeping those crazies confined to the tavern.  So unless you feel like doing "community service" and having a little fun in the process, I'd avoid it like it was the Destroyer Plague.  Enjoy!

VK

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3038 on: May 3, 2010, 11:02:56 AM »
I'm really big into random terrain projects,......

Hi Vinci & welcome. If you've got any terrain building tips to share that don't involve lots of money & talent I would really like to see them, if you can spare the time to put them on the terrain forum.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline genun

« Reply #3039 on: May 3, 2010, 03:23:39 PM »
Hey I'm kinda new to 40k, played a few years ago in middle school but just getting back into it now. I used to play SM, but I am starting to try nidz. I haven't given many of the other armies a try though. I've also started painting, but am still crappy at it.
Win/Lose/Draw
Tyranids
2-2-0