News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Mr.Squid's Army (Lots of Pics)  (Read 4835 times)

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
Mr.Squid's Army (Lots of Pics)
« on: June 24, 2008, 08:08:52 PM »
Hi all.
 So I was thinking, with summer coming up, I would finally have time to get some painting/ modeling/ gming in. Now I get to blog it all down.

Here is what I need to get finished.

WIP Vampire Counts Force- Going for about 2000 points
WIP Impirial Guard Force- Have 1500, planning to double this and paint it up
Non Started Space Marine Force
Non Started Chaos Space Marine Force
WIP Ork Army- Going for 1000 to start
Battle for Skull Pass mini's
Some Lord of the Rings minis I got from a friend
Possibly A commision Project a friend is makking me do for him.

To start this off, some pictures of muffins.

She will count as a battle wagon with a boom gun for my ork force.

Cheers! :)

~The Count
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 11:55:49 PM by Mr.Squid »
Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
Re: The Count Attempts to Blog His Armies
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 11:26:35 PM »
Cool, can't wait to see some more progress.

Question: how big is that..? It seems the size of a palm.. seems small for a battle wagon....

My 7 Cents.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 11:32:59 PM »

Here is a pic I took about a year ago. With the extra gibbins, I think its about big enough, no?
Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
« Reply #3 on: August 2, 2008, 12:16:40 AM »
Wow, I have not touched this in a while. Admittedly, I (kinda0 have an excuse, camera died.

Anyway, some pictures of orks.

First, my converted big mek. I took one of the metal mekboz i had lying around and built him a burna.

And here are some basic boys.  I'm pretty pleased with the scheme, I think it fitting for a desert themed army. :)

And all together.

And here are some converted grotz, made out of goblin and skaven bits I had lying around.

I'll be updating a bit more in the next few days. Expect a fully painted army soon! :)
« Last Edit: August 2, 2008, 01:07:14 PM by The Count »

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
« Reply #4 on: August 3, 2008, 10:30:03 PM »
Some nice work here, Count.  I like your Konverted Mekboy.  Konverted Mekboyz of this type are almost a must if you want WYSIWYG since the old Gorkamorka-style Blasta is just too small by today's standards.  I think you have pulled it off nicely.  I think the Burna could also double almost as a KMB.

The Grots are also fantastic.  These are the most original Grots I've ever seen.  Skaven Bits, you say?  Nice work.  These will add character to any Ork Army.  Grots take a while, but compared to Orks, they paint up fairly quickly and before you know it, you'll have a fully painted unit of the little Blighters to serve as the meat-shield your Orks have been craving!

Nice paint job all around as well.

Solorg
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
« Reply #5 on: August 4, 2008, 01:03:15 AM »
Thanks for that.

Some nice work here, Count.  I like your Konverted Mekboy.  Konverted Mekboyz of this type are almost a must if you want WYSIWYG since the old Gorkamorka-style Blasta is just too small by today's standards.  I think you have pulled it off nicely.  I think the Burna could also double almost as a KMB.

The mek boy I'm actually kinda iffy about. One of his arms is noticeably larger then the other, and I'm not quite sure how to fix it. It's not a big deal, but it kinda bugs me. :-\

The Grots are also fantastic.  These are the most original Grots I've ever seen.  Skaven Bits, you say?  Nice work.  These will add character to any Ork Army. 

Yup, a friend gave me a bunch of skavin models, and after a bit of thinking, i figured Green is the best way to go.

And speaking of green, a teaser for my next update...

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
« Reply #6 on: August 4, 2008, 10:58:31 AM »
WOW!  This BattleWagon looks AWESOME!  Re: Mekboy's Arm, from these pics it is really hard to see a difference in size.  I think you may be being a little perfectionistic (which also makes you a great konverter).  If it was still REALLY bothering you, you could probably bulk up the smaller arm with Greenstuff, but I think it looks fine in all honesty.

Keep up the good work!  Your army is growing in leaps and bounds now!
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
« Reply #7 on: August 4, 2008, 01:38:32 PM »
hehe... that not actually an ork vehicle, its a nurgle rhino. :D

Thanks for the praise.

I considered using greenstuff, but really, it's more work then needed.
Thanks for the idea though.

Anyway, word update.

So I was put in a warhammer "summer camp." Pretty muchfor the first two weeks you build and paint and thenyou get ready for a tournament on the last week. It's pretty fun. I'm going to do the  finishing touches on them today and postpictures tonight or tomorrow. ;)

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
« Reply #8 on: August 5, 2008, 03:28:34 PM »
hehe... that not actually an ork vehicle, its a nurgle rhino. :D

Oh, right - this would explain all the acid!  Looking forward to the upcoming pics from WH Summer Camp as well.

Solorg

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
Okay, I lied
« Reply #9 on: August 6, 2008, 12:02:39 AM »
Okay, so chaos will be the next update. ::)

I suddenly had a strong desire to pain guard, and here is an example of my work, some  gameplay level guardsmen.

I'll get around to taking pics of the chaos army tomorrow, but right now, the mental agony of imagining the physical agony of opening my case and taking out the models is too much. Go laziness!

Edit- Whoops, I just realized that some of these guys need another layer of skin. *sigh* I'll do it later. >:(

« Last Edit: August 6, 2008, 12:04:35 AM by The Count »

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
« Reply #10 on: August 6, 2008, 10:14:57 AM »
Go guard!  I love the color scheme.  What kind of red is that?  Or is it a shade of brown?

Yeah, get that army painted, Count!  Woo hoo!

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
« Reply #11 on: August 7, 2008, 08:34:24 PM »
Well, here are some of the closest things to full army shots I have.

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=167485.0

*sigh* I really need to get my ass in gear and photo graph them.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2008, 08:41:14 PM by The Count »

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
Re: Blue Yoda Attempts to Blog His Armies
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 11:28:36 PM »
I can has deamon prince?

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
Re: Blue Yoda Attempts to Blog His Armies
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 11:39:32 PM »
Nice shots!  I see the Demon Prince has generous Greenstuffing added.  I love the final result!  Also liked your battle/army pics, thanx for sharing, Blue Yoda!

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
Re: YARG!!! HERE BE DEATH GUARD!!! (And Other Things...)
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 05:18:38 PM »
OK, here is the second prince.

And as promised, a full army showcase.

First the possedesed.

Some normal guys

Cool story about this one. You know how the tank excesorry spru comes with an extra torso but no legs, right, So I figuered, hey, who needs legs anyway? He counts as a champ with fist  :)

My lord

Some "soon to be" lesser deamons.

The "cow wagon" (Thank you sancty! ;))

And an oblitorator made from the WD terminator.

Note that allot is still WIP, but what do you think?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 05:33:55 PM by Blue Yoda »

Offline Morbidus

• hm.
    • My band
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 10:12:51 AM »
Ok.
Just a small fluff comment.
This is Death Guard, yes?
Death Guard don't really use jump packs.

I think..

Also,I am wondering. Is there a story to the purple.. err, mutation? (like on the Rhino and the Obliterator)

Offline Sanctjud

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 10:20:33 AM »
Everyone has different definitions these days...

For me.... I'd agree that anything without the MARK of Nurgle (excluding vehicles) are not to be used in a 'pure' list.

But the OP prob. doesn't care... because anything Nurgle oriented is 'good enough'....

I use obliterators these days.... so I used to play 'pure' Deathguard.... but had to move on and now call my army Death Dealers....

If I do play deathguard it will be HQ's, plague marines, and vehicles..... Icon of Nurgle just doesn't cut it for me....

But everyone is different, I've got 'nurgle raptors' as well....but it just doesn't transfer well IMO.

Anyway:

You've got some cool stuff here..... the DP's look tiny compared to the one's I'm cooking up.... but cover saves FTW.....

And the Oblit...( like the other thread ) has lost his fight against the cotton candy machine.

A note: why not keep your modeling stuff in one thread... you are posting individually the oblits and DP's....just wondering why not just leave them here......

My 7 Cents.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 10:32:13 AM »
Ok.
Just a small fluff comment.
This is Death Guard, yes?
Death Guard don't really use jump packs.

I think..

Also,I am wondering. Is there a story to the purple.. err, mutation? (like on the Rhino and the Obliterator)
Hmm, your right, it's less deathguard and more "Nurgle Marines." I think its fine though.

As to the pink stuff, It looks dine on tanks in person, butI agree, it's  a bit much on the oblitorator. I'll try a differant technique for the next ones. :)

You've got some cool stuff here..... the DP's look tiny compared to the one's I'm cooking up.... but cover saves FTW.....

They where cheap, and that means more marines. I don't really like the metal ones all that much, honestly, and I'm not a confident enough sculptor to sculpt one, so I'm pleased with these. ;)

A note: why not keep your modeling stuff in one thread... you are posting individually the oblits and DP's....just wondering why not just leave them here......

Those things where looking for advice to improve them. While I can get that here, It's so much faster just posting it in the individual boards. Though I might be getting dangerously close to cross posting... hmmm... :-\

Anyway, Cheers for looking! ;)

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
Re: Blue Yoda's Army's
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 11:54:51 PM »

So, I'm back after a hiatus, and I figure the best thing to keep me motivated is a blog.

So, right now my priorities are getting my Chaos/ Traitor guard up to 3k for an apoc tourney in a few weeks,and get my  Skaven to 2k.

For the warp rift Data sheet I need a greater daemon, so I decided to sculpt one.

The  I basically poured hot glue over it and started sculpting. Unfortunately I ran out of greenstuff, so I will need to pick some up tomorrow.

For smaller games, Intro games, or games when using a Daemon prince is a jerk move, I've kitbashed a Lord from the AoBR set. The commander is a really nice model.

And to finish the update, here is a Picture of a recent skaven game.

Horde Army's are fun!

Offline Sanctjud

Re: Mr.Squid's Army (Lots of Pics)
« Reply #19 on: February 1, 2010, 12:39:45 AM »
Tin wrap + hot glue + green stuff = simple and effective.
I'm very interested to see how the GUO goes...as you know he's my boo :D

At that angle the Lord looks like he has an itch were the sun don't shine and needs a daemonic claw of doom to relieve.

My 7 Cents.