News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Anyone for a little war? Hmmm...maybe a dawn of it?  (Read 536 times)

Offline theblahmaster

• Punch it, Chewie!
    • The War Room
Anyone for a little war? Hmmm...maybe a dawn of it?
« on: March 19, 2004, 10:26:54 AM »
Hey everyone.

Been a while since I've been here, but it's good to be "home" again.  Anyway, back onto topic.

So, has anyone heard anything new and groundbreaking about dawn of war?  I looked on the internet last night but really couldn't find much about it.  Found a few screen shots and a press release saying a few things, but nothing very conclusive.  It looks mighty impressive (kick ass would be a better term, I suppose) and the graphics are phenominal and from what they're saying, it's going to be very similar to the tabletop but different enough to be, well, different, if you know what I'm saying.

Anyway, has anyone found any conclusive web sites actually telling us what the game will be like.  They were very vague in the stuff I was seeing so, yeah, anything would be better than nothing.

As well, anyone know what the "fourth" race will be?  I know they've got Space Marines, Orks, and Chaos, but I don't know what the fourth is.  I'm guessing either Imperial Guard or Eldar (probably Eldar) as they have two "evil races" already, and those damn eldar are always messing things up with their girly dancing and they're fancy pants.  (sorry all you eldar players out there, I just have a thing against them.  Honestly, I don't know why, I just do!)

Anyway, thanks for your time ladies and gents!
"Heavy is good.  Heavy is reliable.  If it does not work, you can always hit him with it."

Boris the Bullet Dodger on handguns.

Offline Emperor's Light

• "Be cleansed in the Pure Light of the Emperor!"
Re: Anyone for a little war? Hmmm...maybe a dawn of it?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 10:35:17 AM »
Have you checked the rumors board yet?
There's a thread on Dawn of War with pics.
Outside of this website, I haven't seen a thing although you can get the magazine that has an article on it. (The name is on the GW website).

EL
"We shine His light upon the darkness, for the darkness hates the light."

"I am an Imperial Inquisitor serving the Light of the Golden Throne of Terra, and you are a thing of filth and darkness serving only yourself. You are everything I stand against."

"With faith in Him we cannot fail."

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Anyone for a little war? Hmmm...maybe a dawn of it?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 10:35:17 AM »
Check out Rumours and non-40k-gaming.

*Click!*

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.