News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Summer Painting Challenge [Month 3/3]  (Read 14308 times)

Offline 4084595657

• Grot
Re: Summer Painting Challenge [Month 3/3]
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2007, 02:14:09 PM »
2 black orcs down 6 to go. How many days have we got left?

Black orc 1

Black orc 2

Sorry about the poorquality picture it was taken with a webcam, i'll be getting a digital camer for my birthday.

In the picture i have highlighted the skin and armor just my webcam is pretty bad for close ups.

IN 4 DAYS! WOOT! WOOT!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 08:19:22 AM by watty »

Offline Myung

« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2007, 11:24:12 PM »
well I took a few mins and took some pics for my vow plus the extra vehicles I did too. I must say I put a good dent in my build pile.

also built and primed a Hellhound and another 10 man squad. I also took a step by step photos of my tanks if anyone wants to see em, but I didn't want to post em to pic overload the thread lol
9,000 pts Eldar - Alaitoc - 6,500 pts Blood Angels
8,000 pts Imperial Guard - 3,000 pts Tryanids
3,000 pts Sisters of Battle - 4,000 pts Orks
2,000 pts Chaos - 1 Massive Crack Addiction

Offline -V-

• Infinity Circuit | O:nk's my painting bitch | Ork Yoof
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2007, 06:55:20 AM »
i love the colour scheme for your tanks... normally i dont like the GW cadian colour scheme but some how youve made it work for me on both the men and the tanks so i would love to see some step by step pics but maybe on a different thread so you dont over load this one.

congrats Myung an amazing performance from you again and keep up at this pace and that ridiculous stash of models in your cupboard will gradually become more manageable

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
  • I take the Pith so you dont have too!
    • Blog
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2007, 07:37:22 AM »
Aye good job their Myung, my only suggestion would be maybe invest in a pin vice and drill those heavy weapons barrels perhaps?

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's your emperor now?
    • Vengeance of the Fallen [Dutch]
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2007, 01:03:59 PM »
@Myung, really nice looking guard. There are only 2 things which kinda bugs me seeing the rest is painted such quality:

1. The yellow on your officer looks a bit weird,  I would rather have gone for a red thingy instead.

2. The glasses on your crewman of the autocannns should be fixed, just act like it are gems and paint them like that. I think that this will make them look allot better.

For the rest, I envy you for having such a army ;) it looks great. I have been trading and buying some Vostroyans lately myself. [like 40/80 models now] and need to make a army out of it. Problem is: there isn't a model in it with a autocannon. Does anyone here has a solution?

Offline SeriousCallersOnly

• Brother Sergeant
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • This is not a Space Marine
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Tyranids
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2007, 01:05:12 PM »
Nice work people.

I've finally got my mojo back and have almost finished last months razorback and this months 5 guys. *Just* need to highlight the black (there's a lot of it), and base.

Offline 4084595657

• Grot
« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2007, 01:19:13 PM »
Nice work people.

I've finally got my mojo back and have almost finished last months razorback and this months 5 guys. *Just* need to highlight the black (there's a lot of it), and base.

FINALLY! some form of praise, each time i post my pictures someone else posts there spectacularly painted models straight after. i feel left out....*cries*

(nice job on the guard myung)

Offline Myung

« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2007, 01:43:26 PM »
Aye good job their Myung, my only suggestion would be maybe invest in a pin vice and drill those heavy weapons barrels perhaps?

funny thing is I did it to the heavy weapons on the tanks but didn't do it to the heavy weapon teams. I guess i can always go back and do it.

Watty your Orks are looking good. we need a group shot!
9,000 pts Eldar - Alaitoc - 6,500 pts Blood Angels
8,000 pts Imperial Guard - 3,000 pts Tryanids
3,000 pts Sisters of Battle - 4,000 pts Orks
2,000 pts Chaos - 1 Massive Crack Addiction

Offline web ghost

• Lookit me! I did something useful!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • "Beware of this and that" -Edward Gorey
« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2007, 01:49:05 PM »
Nice Orks there Watty.   ;)  The darkish green looks good.  though I wonder about your usage of red.  it looks like you have rusty red over the metal armor and then perhaps blood on their hands and this and that?  having the same red on both areas serves to make it look like you just slathered red arbitrarily over the whole model at the end.  I would try to clean it up a bit or differentiate between different areas of red or something.  

Myung=painting machine.  I am struggling to finish 10 dudes and some drones and this guy paints 10 platoons and an armored company.  they look great!

well my vow is coming along allright and I may have some bonus stuff.  

later WG

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2007, 01:52:31 PM »
WOOP! Finished my last two things needed for the 40kO london Tourney on 1st september!!! AND finished my vow, which is the first time I've done it too!

now to see whether I can finish painting 2 hellhounds, a griffon and about 12 various infantry before sept 1st...

Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

Offline web ghost

• Lookit me! I did something useful!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • "Beware of this and that" -Edward Gorey
« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2007, 01:57:41 PM »
Congrats on your first completed vow.  Tis a good thing.  your painting looks great.  love the stormtroopers.  Good luck on getting all that other crap done and good luck in the tourney.

later WG

Offline Magus_42

• Deathwing Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2007, 02:27:08 PM »
Ok, vow complete. I finished two swooping hawks and an exarch in addition to the banshee exarch I posted a few pages back. Here's a pic of the completed swooping hawk squad:

And here's a close-up of the Exarch:

Offline Plague Tower of Nurgle

• Ork Boy
  • My troops are protected by "Nurgley Goodness"
    • Northeast Gamers Hub
« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2007, 02:47:59 PM »
and for the 3rd time ( is it the 3rd or 4th? ) ill be failing my vow. my free time is really getting limited, it sucks and i might have to quit 40k or get rid of my g/f (there can only be one!).

i did get much accomplished this month even for failing and i might actually get my chimera done this weekend as it has minor things to be done to it. seeing as im hoping to be starting a winter campaign with my DA ill be painting them and adding them in a squad at a time if i can, i need to have more time to paint to play so we shall see what happens next month. i know ill be distracted with my Macharius tho....
legion of sickness
lord of misery
after my death I rise in immortality
unleashing the horror my words are infected
feast on my rot
I am resurrected

resurrection of the rotten
resurrection of the dead

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2007, 03:18:47 PM »
*raises a eyebrow* what do you mean either 40k or a gf? Your doing it all wrong, I learned my GF to paint and now she helps me with painting my lizardmen army from time to time

I have over 150 models waiting for her to be painted, being goblins, skinks, kroxigors, terradons, spider riders and allot more. I aint gonna paint all that amphetamine parrot in my own :P

Offline DJ-of-E

• Slow Painter is Slow
    • DJ-of-E's 40k Album
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2007, 03:56:56 PM »
*raises a eyebrow* what do you mean either 40k or a gf? Your doing it all wrong, I learned my GF to paint and now she helps me with painting my lizardmen army from time to time

Funny thing, I know a guy who did that and somehow the girl end up breaking up with him for that.  Let's just say whenever she mentions her "loser" boyfriend, she mentions Warhammer.  Another funny thing, the same guy now makes 60k a year after he graduated and girl is now dating a guy whom is cheating on her (yet she knows, but has no one else to turn to).

*sigh* LIFE of a 40k is never an easy one.

Offline Plague Tower of Nurgle

• Ork Boy
  • My troops are protected by "Nurgley Goodness"
    • Northeast Gamers Hub
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2007, 04:11:22 PM »
im actually kidding about the 40k or g/f thing. working 9 1/2 days with a 40 min commute each way doesnt leave much free time. my free time is on the weekend but chores get in the way. im trying to get my g/f to help me paint she atleast watches me and makes comments. im slowly introducing her to the game with the hopes she might try it, like it and play 40k with me from time to time. so far the only thing she likes is the FW Great Unclean One. i mentioned to her about doing a Nurgle army using WHFB zombies as her troops and this got her a bit excited.
legion of sickness
lord of misery
after my death I rise in immortality
unleashing the horror my words are infected
feast on my rot
I am resurrected

resurrection of the rotten
resurrection of the dead

Offline 4084595657

• Grot
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2007, 06:15:35 PM »
Nice Orks there Watty.   ;)  The darkish green looks good.  though I wonder about your usage of red.  it looks like you have rusty red over the metal armor and then perhaps blood on their hands and this and that?  having the same red on both areas serves to make it look like you just slathered red arbitrarily over the whole model at the end.  I would try to clean it up a bit or differentiate between different areas of red or something.  

The quality of my camera sucks and the blood is actually 3 different shades of red + ink, also the wierd focus makes the blood blurry and look bigger than it actually is. Its more defined than it seems, there are scrapes of blood here and there. It took alot of time and it looks better than on the pictures i can assure you.

Myung my webcam cant really get a decent pic of my painted bloodbowl team so i'll have to post the black orc duo.

Offline DJ-of-E

• Slow Painter is Slow
    • DJ-of-E's 40k Album
« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2007, 12:54:06 AM »
Jonik wins the month for college units ever!

anywayz

My heavy sisters are finally complete.

and....

........I'M DONE WITH MY VOW

Hehe, this is a sight for sore eyes. =P
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 02:18:05 AM by DJ-of-E »

Offline -V-

• Infinity Circuit | O:nk's my painting bitch | Ork Yoof
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2007, 04:21:17 AM »
WOW Dj-of-E those are the coolest sisters ive ever seen, i love the colour scheme and your painting of them is just amazing, i love the contrast between the red and the dark blue... i cant say any more because im actually stuck for words i love these models and congrats on completing the vow  ;D

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2007, 08:13:20 AM »
im actually kidding about the 40k or g/f thing. working 9 1/2 days with a 40 min commute each way doesnt leave much free time. my free time is on the weekend but chores get in the way. im trying to get my g/f to help me paint she atleast watches me and makes comments. im slowly introducing her to the game with the hopes she might try it, like it and play 40k with me from time to time. so far the only thing she likes is the FW Great Unclean One. i mentioned to her about doing a Nurgle army using WHFB zombies as her troops and this got her a bit excited.

It seems that girls are more attracted to the fantasy side of GW. Even so my GF liked the skinks, a friend of her and mine [also female] started to help us out to and I have convinced another one to paint dwarfs because she likes the models [making a deal with her friend which is my mate to trade his goblins for the battle of skull pass vs my dwarfs once he buys the box.] and now I started talking to a gf of another mate and she likes the tomb king army allot and likes painting so wants to give tomb kings a try bumping the total of women painters at our shop up to 4! :P

You don't need to force them, most of them like painting and drawing. The problem is that nobody gives them a chance to show how to pain the miniatures if they are interested. If you are able to spare a mini or 2 that they like give it to them and a brush to help you out. You quickly start to see that they WANT to paint them, not just for you but because they want to.

Of course they dont feel like painting a whole army in several weeks like we want to do, but its great if they help you out every now and then. I can't see the difference between my GF and my painted skinks aside of some really minor details which you need to know in order to see the difference.