News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Custom Titles  (Read 13264 times)

Offline Two Blades as One, Samurai Ichirou

• Old men start wars; Young boys die in them.
Custom Titles
« on: June 25, 2008, 09:31:58 PM »
I was just wondering, how do you get a custom title? Is it through post count? Or just general impact on the forum?
Still I lay cold, my soul seeks light / my eyes are tired; my heart's last fight
Around my shell of wood and cloth / trickle sound of wound and loss.
Broken voices of tears and cry's / sorrow and love for a Nation's son's life.
Mother and Father alone in thought. / Of the bravery and pain in the battle we fought.
We move slowly we three welcomed home. / A parade of silence, hands and flags wave
Above our bodies, they gather as on, / Along this highway of heroes for two seconds of light.

Offline Salami

• I'm a just unworthy of a custom title.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Remember Greenstuff.
Re: Custom Titles
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 09:46:53 PM »
It involves a secret quest. There are several different criteria that you must do before you may be blessed, or cursed, with a custom title. With the title comes great power. Flight, magic and superknitting are just a few of the many powers that come with a title.

Mine, for instance, prevents me from eating anything made by Algerians, and gives me an encyclopedic knowledge of the mating habits of common sparrows.
May 2027: 40K 8th edition is released. The rules are now so simple that they embody the perfect emptiness of zen, accidentally causing thousands of players to become one with the universe.

June 2027: Someone complains on a message board that the 8th edition 40K rules, while the path to true enlightenment, do not feature realistic armour saves.

(Rictiovarus is the Tavern antichrist).

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 09:51:01 PM »
suck off the right global
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Two Blades as One, Samurai Ichirou

• Old men start wars; Young boys die in them.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 09:55:26 PM »
Oh, I was hoping it would involve illegal and underground caged deathmatches and massive labyrinth combats that would cover the span of a few days, causing many candidates to fall in their quest for a title. :)

On a more serious note, I wouldn't mind a serious answer. ;)
Still I lay cold, my soul seeks light / my eyes are tired; my heart's last fight
Around my shell of wood and cloth / trickle sound of wound and loss.
Broken voices of tears and cry's / sorrow and love for a Nation's son's life.
Mother and Father alone in thought. / Of the bravery and pain in the battle we fought.
We move slowly we three welcomed home. / A parade of silence, hands and flags wave
Above our bodies, they gather as on, / Along this highway of heroes for two seconds of light.

Offline FifthWindDieGermanator

• Marines are Toughness 3! | Termagant
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 10:06:09 PM »
Depends.

If someone's is "contributor" or something like that, they probably wrote an article for the now-being-worked-on front page. Others, like Santjud's 7 Cents, was gained by him putting "my 7 cents" at the end of every post.

Mine, "Marines are Toughness 3!" was gained through two acts of Spam and one of Copyright. Oddly enough Ramsus said he would get rid of it if I was good... I guess not...

Also, the best way not to get a Custom Title is asking for it.  ;)
"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't
- Five Finger Death Punch

Beware, Rules Lawyers, beware!

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 10:31:31 PM »
you aren't good your terrible hence you keep the title
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 10:51:27 PM »
Mine, "Marines are Toughness 3!" was gained through two acts of Spam and one of Copyright.

Two spam and four acts of copyright. Three of the copyright infingments in the space of ten posts as well.  Records. We have them.   ;)
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 10:59:27 PM »
Really? I was only aware of one copyright, the linking to the VDR site. Could you PM me the details on other three?
"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 11:01:18 PM »
No. You should already have the PMs from that time. Casual interest got you the previous data set. Any more would require actual work and this is the Tavern after all.
Drink
Knights Tippler

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 11:03:43 PM »
Mine actually don't go back that far, but that's my trouble for cleaning out my inbox...

I guess that reverts me to speculation, as I only remember getting 4 PM from Ramsus, Spam, Spam, Copyright, Title.
-Sanctjud

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 11:15:32 PM »
Missed a perfectly good opportunity for a Monty Python reference there.
Drink
Knights Tippler

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 11:19:23 PM »
Wow, I did, didn't I?

Lemme try it again:

Spam, Spam, Copyright, and Spam. Also, we have some Space Marine Spam, Forgeworld Spam with some IP Infringment on the side, and Catchan Spam...
-Sanctjud

Offline jawmonkey

• My disgust for you is only matched by my rage.
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 11:55:30 PM »
Would be nice to be forewarned if you were about to get a title; or do/did you (as you can see I don't have one so I wouldn't know). I imagine there have been a few that have gotten a title so weird they started a new profile.

I myself have already thought of a custom title I would like; "Bananas for the monkey god" or a reference of the ap of thrown poop... ::)

But seeing as how I have no time to write an excellent article, cannot remember the stat lines to every single 40k unit available, don't feel that I am qualified enough to critique most army lists, and I generally stay away from tatical discussions I'll get a title just before I roll the post count back to zeros.  ;D
Throwing feces in the eye of insolence.

Check out my terrain tutorial!, New chapter; plasticard watch tower added 11-6-11!

Also,examples of my many armies;  pics of all sorts of huge commissions

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 12:06:28 AM »
Would be nice to be forewarned if you were about to get a title; or do/did you (as you can see I don't have one so I wouldn't know).

You do. Quite often. As with the above example, around 5-6 warnings.  :)

I imagine there have been a few that have gotten a title so weird they started a new profile.

Duplicate accounts are frowned upon. Especially when created to avoid a title. Otherwise bad traders and other miscreants would merely start anew once they'd been identified and gather more victims into their web.

I myself have already thought of a custom title I would like; "Bananas for the monkey god" or a reference of the ap of thrown poop... ::)

You get what you deserve. Not what you ask for.  :D
Drink
Knights Tippler

Offline jawmonkey

• My disgust for you is only matched by my rage.
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 01:10:58 AM »

I'm not asking for that title, just mentioning it so one of the mods can store it in their databanks for future reference  ;)(Since everyone knows most of the mods are AI constructs floating around various mainframes, secretly building Necrons after the IT personel go home for the night). I mean Rasmus, human, c'mon.

You do. Quite often. As with the above example, around 5-6 warnings.  :)
Do you mean me or fifthwind? because I don't think I have that many yet (at least not six) and no copyright stuff only an off-color comment about Chinesse labor and basically ranting and spamming (but they're both so fun  ;D).
Throwing feces in the eye of insolence.

Check out my terrain tutorial!, New chapter; plasticard watch tower added 11-6-11!

Also,examples of my many armies;  pics of all sorts of huge commissions

Offline TagniK'ZuR

• You have the right to act your shoe size
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 03:26:32 AM »
so you either get a custom title for recognition of being a good inluence/addition to the community, or for being the dreggs of the community.

Mine, for instance, prevents me from eating anything made by Algerians, and gives me an encyclopedic knowledge of the mating habits of common sparrows.
I'm guessing they keep all the really good superpowers for the mods.
Birthdays are good for you, the more you have the longer you live.

If you ignore your health long enough, it will go away.

Offline Killing Time

• Infinity Circuit | I put out on the first date | Tarrin's Sullied Cunning Stunt Double
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 04:22:12 AM »
Hence my title.
Which is not only true....but also a great advert to the three girls on 40ko.

Dizzy

Offline Talon Undecided

• Full Bird Colonel; Old School Necron Hunter Adept; Best Painted Rough Riders
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • kweh!
  • Armies: Astra Militarum, Evil Blood Ravens, AdMech
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 05:00:55 AM »
We earn it.  ;)
Imperial Guard Poster of the year '09!
Good golly that was ages ago.

Astra what now?

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 06:06:23 AM »
I still don't have a custom title...  ::)

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 07:12:08 AM »
Lorizael I don't know if its just a mod messing with you or if you knew what your profile had as a custom title, but you've succeeded where Family Guy as failed in making me laugh.

As for more of an on topic bit though, you can get basic custom titles by joining various PoCs.  Eldar have a PoC for each Craftworld, Dark Eldar have a couple different Kabals, and the Ork Board started a PoC just a couple of months ago (thats why I have the lovely title of Grot).

If you want a fancier title then that Two Blades as One, Samurai Ichirou, something that really shows off who the real you is then you just have to keep putting yourself out there on the forum, work on the project boards, and just be who you are.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard