News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Some Scourges and a Haemonculus  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
Some Scourges and a Haemonculus
« on: June 5, 2017, 08:30:45 PM »
I'm working through an extensive backlog of models, starting with some Dark Eldar minis.  The goal is to get these bad boys looking fresh on the table while listening to jazz and not putting a laborious amount of detail into them.

Never apologize for taking shortcuts if the results look good!  Static grass is stonking great, putting both the discontinued inks and the newer washes to use has been fun.  Washes are good for more subtle grunt work at making a model look finished, inks can create high contrast elements.

The, "give me a hug!" Haemi looks a bit less silly after cutting and repositioning his arms.  I put the right hand in hot water and gently bent the fingers to a more natural position.

You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Re: Some Scourges and a Haemonculus
« Reply #1 on: June 6, 2017, 08:34:18 AM »
They're looking stellar. I'm loving the red details on the haemoculous as well as the purple tinged skin. What paints did you use to get that tone? Great job with the basing as well.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #2 on: June 6, 2017, 05:57:10 PM »
Jesus!  It's been so long, I had totally forgotten what armies you had!  Good to see you back at it, bud!
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #3 on: June 6, 2017, 06:12:42 PM »
Those Scourges in particular are really cool Mr.P. I think that the finish looks great and the spot colours really draw the eye to the right places. Great work!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #4 on: June 8, 2017, 02:47:33 AM »
G'day MrPeanut!
If this is what you come up with cutting corners, mate... WOW! You've got the skills and the eye for colour. You've mastered the washes marvellously.   

Offline malicant

• "It is not blood that binds us..."
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 09:55:27 AM »
I didn't realise that you cut corners until I read the text of your post (yes, I look at the pictures first!).  This is an interesting scheme for Dark Eldar.  The armies that I've seens are nearly always black or some darker shade, and this is an interesting alternative. 

One thing that stand out is the colour of the weapons of the scourges.  Even though the colour is very close in shade to the armour, they still manage to look different.  I generally shy away from using similar shades in proximity for the sake of contrast, but this looks more realistic.  Kudos!