News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1,500 Point Tournament List needs approving.  (Read 1278 times)

Offline PhoenixLord1989

• The road of good intentions doesnt leadto anywhere
  • Armies: Eldar, D-Eldar, Dark Angels, Necron, and Tyranids
1,500 Point Tournament List needs approving.
« on: February 2, 2012, 02:34:07 AM »
This is the list I came up with for an up coming tournament and would like to know what you think.

Stormlord- 225pts

Royal Court #1- Lord- Res Orb, Hyper Phase Sword, Mind Shackle Scarabs- 80pts
                          Cryptek- Harbinger of Eternity, Chronometron- 40pts

Traveller- 165pts
Command Barge- Gauss Cannon- 80pts

Royal Court #2- Lord- Res Orb, Hyper Phase Sword, Mind Shackle Scarabs- 80pts
                          Cryptek- Harbinger of the Storm, Veil of Darkness- 60pts

19 Warriors- 247pts

19 Warriors- 247pts

3 Annihilation Barges- Tesla Cannons- 270pts

Total= 1,494pts

The plan is to stick the storm lord with one of the lords and with the chronometron cryptek in one of the 19 man warriors squads and stick the other cryptek and lord into the 2nd warrior squad. With Night fighting going I will make the enemy have to get closer to me so that he will get within range for me to start shooting. And if he stays back the lightning will hopefully do at least a little damage here and there. Unfortunetly it is really unpredictable. I have had games where I killed off 4 razorbacks 2 dreadnaughts and like 10 marines and others where I did nothing but stun a tank or two. So I am just hoping that with the barges the storm and the traveller I will have enough Anti Tank to handle most things. Also I have the veil in there to be a late game objective contest/capture if need be. And I am hoping I get a good 3 turns of night fighting with being able to re-roll the result if I have to. So what do you think? Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2012, 04:38:25 AM by PhoenixLord1989 »
"What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."

"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."

"The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, yet you still dare to oppose our will."

Offline Idaho

Re: 1,500 Point Tournament List needs approving.
« Reply #1 on: February 2, 2012, 08:22:42 AM »
I think you'd get more out of a Solar Pulse supporting the Stormlord.

Offline PhoenixLord1989

• The road of good intentions doesnt leadto anywhere
  • Armies: Eldar, D-Eldar, Dark Angels, Necron, and Tyranids
Re: 1,500 Point Tournament List needs approving.
« Reply #2 on: February 2, 2012, 11:12:33 PM »
That was my other option was instead of a veil of darkness take a solar pulse and give 1 of the lords a war scythe from the 5pts saved but with the chronometron to help the stormlord, I figured a troop with the ability to be mobile (veil) would be more worth while. If you are saying a solar pulse instead of the chronometron, I like the chronometron because its potentially 6 re-rolls per game turn. Where it really comes in handy is when I am making a Ld test from losing combat when I roll a 1 and a 6 I can then reroll the 6 to have a chance to stay and not have the whole 20+ unit get wiped. Not to mention the random Lac cannon shot that I take on the stormlord if need be and use the re roll to insure no wound is taken. For me it was not an easy choice to take the veil over the solar pulse but felt that in the end that the veil would benefit me more. what do you think?
"What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."

"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."

"The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, yet you still dare to oppose our will."