News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Returning Player - 1500pt Ynnari List  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Murderface

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Returning Player - 1500pt Ynnari List
« on: August 22, 2017, 08:19:56 AM »
Heya Fellas 😁. I'm looking to make my first foray into 8th edition this weekend with a few friendly games against some of my friends/regular opponents. Naturally, being my friends, I'm looking to extract as many tears as I possibly can before I stop receiving invites to games night.

The opposition will likely consist of deathwatch, tau, CSM or Eldar mirror matches, which lead me to the following list:

++ Vanguard (CP +1) [1499 Pts] ++

+ Elites +

Fire Dragons [120 Pts]: Fire Dragon Exarch, Fusion Gun
. 4x Fire Dragon: 4x Fusion Gun

Wraithguard [225 Pts]: 5x D-Scythe, 5x Wraithguard

Wraithguard [225 Pts]: 5x D-Scythe, 5x Wraithguard

+ HQ +

Warlock [37 Pts]: Witchblade

Yvraine [132 Pts]

+ Heavy Support +

War Walkers [333 Pts]: 6x Aeldari Missile Launcher, 3x War Walker

+ Dedicated Transport +

Wave Serpent [143 Pts]: Shuriken Cannon, Twin Shuriken Cannon

Wave Serpent [143 Pts]: Shuriken Cannon, Twin Shuriken Cannon

Wave Serpent [141 Pts]: Twin Shuriken Cannon, Twin Shuriken Catapult

+ 'Faction +

Ynnari

++ Total: [1499 Pts] ++

Apparently it helps if I let you all know what I have available to me (I probably can't afford to make any new purchases for a little while), but I think it may be more useful to list what I don't have:

Reapers (I know  :'(), hemlocks, wraithknights, shining spears or crimson hunters. I do have 6 serpents though 😅.

I promise to love you all forever and provide some after action reports and the outcomes of the games in return for criticism/feedback.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 08:25:02 AM by Murderface »

Offline Tweedz

• Death is only the beginning.
Re: Returning Player - 1500pt Ynnari List
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 08:33:00 AM »
I like it. Ynnari wraithscythes will certainly fulfill your goal of extracting tears from your friends. I really only have two suggestions for this list and neither of them are imperative, just my personal taste.

1. I would give the Dragon Exarch a flamer. Usually he will be in range to use a melta bomb when he needs to kill vehicles, and the flamer has proven to be invaluable at weakening infantry that would otherwise have posed a serious threat to the dragons (it finished off a berserker squad that tried to charge them in my last game).

2. I would replace the missiles with lances on your walkers. This gives you enough points to give each of your serpents a defensive upgrade like spirit stones or vectored engines. It also cuts the versatility of the walkers, so that one is really up to what you will be facing.

Last note: If you are looking to keep this style of army when moving to higher points, hemlocks would be a great compliment to it as you think about what you will buy next.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 08:34:50 AM by Tweedz »

Offline Murderface

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 10:01:16 PM »
Point taken on the exarch. I'm not certain about the launchers either, but my thinking was that I would be lacking a way of effectively clearing hordes without wasting scythes on them. If I were to drop them for lances, it would free up enough points for either vectored engines or spirit stones, but not both. Which would you take?

I could ditch the warlock and have both, but I was hoping he might lend some survivability to the guard/dragons through conceal once they dismount.

Offline Tweedz

• Death is only the beginning.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 07:57:18 PM »
I would personally take spiritstones over vectored engines and I would not cut the warlock.