News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: (another) Harlequin vs DE battle  (Read 856 times)

Offline The New Guy

• cause harlies are so much cooler than grey knights
(another) Harlequin vs DE battle
« on: October 19, 2003, 03:52:16 PM »
I'll be playing DE next week, and I NEED HELP :o. Anyway, here's (roughly) his list:

Ubber-witch lord, most likely with drugs, shadow field, an antagonizer/punisher and probably more nasty wargear.

9 man witch squad w. witch weapons, blaster, and shredder, mounted in a raider.

(3x) 10 man reader squads with 2 darklances each.

2 talos!!!

here's my list:

Shadow seer, d-field, h-kiss, p-blades, s-pistol.

(3x) DJ's w brightlances.

(3x) 6 man squads of harlies w. h-kiss and power weapon, mounted in venoms w. fusion guns.

The problem I’m facing is the fact I’m outgunned, outnumbered nearly 2-1, and don’t forget the two talos. I’m debating wither I should take a wraithlord (a regular one, I’m only allowed to use the rules on the internet) in place of…something. I’m not really sure what I’m going to do. Any advice or help would be appreciated.
If you try to fail and you succeed, what have you done? Is a glass half full or half empty? Why is abbreviation such a long word? Why is 69 the same up or down? If a tree falls in the woods, and it lands on a geek, does anyone care? Are black holes where god divided by zero? If you went back in time and killed your grandfather before he had your father, what would happen? Why do I ask so many rhetorical questions?

Offline Flash_hound

Re:(another) Harlequin vs DE battle
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2003, 05:20:43 PM »
One suggestion I can easily see is drop the brightlances for either Rocket launchers or shuriken cannons.... Also power weapons aren't that neccasery.  How many points are you playing?

Flash

Offline Blu Wrathguard

• for every sprinkle i find i shall kill you
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2003, 06:48:02 PM »
yes ditch 2 of those brightlances cuz Scannons make fishfood out of warriors or shriker canons do just as good if not better. ;D
they have this game where you put in a dollar and they give you 4 quarters! I LIKE WIN EVERY TIME !!

Offline The New Guy

• cause harlies are so much cooler than grey knights
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2003, 10:38:46 PM »
It's a 1,000 pt game. and if I take out the bright lances, add one EML (and two shrieker cannons), and take out the power weapons, I have 33 pts leftover. and ideas on what to do with them?
If you try to fail and you succeed, what have you done? Is a glass half full or half empty? Why is abbreviation such a long word? Why is 69 the same up or down? If a tree falls in the woods, and it lands on a geek, does anyone care? Are black holes where god divided by zero? If you went back in time and killed your grandfather before he had your father, what would happen? Why do I ask so many rhetorical questions?

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2003, 02:20:07 AM »
Get a Leader for a Troupe and get another or something completely disimilar, like a Mask. That will keep him on his toes.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Wuestenfux

• Veteran Force Commander
  • Ancient
  • Calculator of Off-Chances
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2003, 09:29:47 AM »
I'm a DE player.
Your oppenent's list is not legal if he uses a Wych Lord.
A DE army led by Wych Lord cannot take a Talos and
Wyches count as Troops (Std) while Warriors count as Elites.
He has to fill 2 Troop slots with Wyches.

Offline DEdude

• Kabal of cynical SNL stars
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2003, 05:04:23 PM »
another DE player adding on to the previous post

According to what you said, he intends on using a punisher (2 handed) with a agonizer (1 Handed) so unless his HQ sprouts another arm...

Not to mention that the punisher is an incubi weapon, I'm not sure, but I don't think that any non-incubi could use it.

I guess that you could let it slide, he is afterall paying 20 points to get 1 strength, lose 1 possible attack, and ignore an armor save that would be ignored by the agonizer anyway
« Last Edit: October 22, 2003, 05:09:47 PM by DEdude »
You spend the first 2 years of your kid's life teaching them how to stand and talk, and then the next 16 telling them to sit down and shut up

Offline Wuestenfux

• Veteran Force Commander
  • Ancient
  • Calculator of Off-Chances
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2003, 06:14:59 AM »
Each character model can take a punisher.
As said, it is a two-handed weapon.