News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar eyes  (Read 724 times)

Offline Calus Drakin

• Armies: Night Lords, Eldar
Eldar eyes
« on: May 26, 2009, 01:42:53 AM »
sooo.....after a few months of not picking up a paintbrush, I'm back to painting my Eldar. Most of my paint scheme is set, Regal Blue/Enchanted Blue bodies, Red Gore/Blood Red chest plates and backpacks, Bleached Bone faceplates, vanes and shurikats and finally green jems. But I'm completely lost as to what colors to paint the eyes. I know the most common colors for eye lenses are green, red and yellow, but I've already used green and red on the models and don't know about using more. I'm also not a big fan of yellow either.

So it comes down to, what would you recommend to add to the paint scheme ? Also, what color do you like to use for the eye lenses ?
Considering my chosen armies are Vampire Counts and Night Lords, yes, I think "Back from the dead" is probably the most accurate description of my return.

Vampire Counts
     1 / 1 / 1

Offline Big Bad Wolf

• nomnomnomnom
  • Armies: Space Wolves, Eldar, Dark Angels, Daemons
Re: Eldar eyes
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 02:36:35 AM »
I'm going to assume you mean the lenses on the helmets... I'd suggest maybe white with some of the glossy stuff on them to give them a nice shiny finish.
Sunrise Village Games Workshop ~ Puyallup, WA
Home of the SunrisV Gaming Club
"Forever on the Dawn of War!"

Rule #2 - Double Tap

Offline nesbitt_bub1

• Infinity Circuit
  • Stop looking at my AVATAR, read what i did write!!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 07:04:41 AM »
I always use ice blue. I usually have white helmets and the blue is Bright yet not overpowering.

With a bleached bone finish like you have I'd be tempted to go for a Bright orange.

Offline cschulte0296

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 07:13:40 PM »
What about going for orange and doing them kinda like gemstones? Darker orange on the front 1/3 part, medium orange in the middle and then a lighter orange towards the back with a white dot for some "gleam"?

The orange should go with the Blue and Red together.