News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: ???  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Capt. Augustus

• Ever meet a horny toad?
???
« on: July 12, 2003, 01:01:18 AM »
Hey Everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to make your own special chars for your new costom chapter...Nothing fancy or anything..but like..something that looks costom. ???

Offline Commissar Speer

• Officer Commanding 7th Cadian Rifles
    • Federation frontier
Re: ???
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2003, 04:09:32 AM »
Well create a background in fluff first. when you have that sort him some wargear, dont go makeing your own up too much, things like 'sharpshooter' (from EoT codex under the cadian section) would be acceptable as a special rule but dont go makeing uber things like some of the GW characters have. Give him a background in your chapter and wargear taht represents the chapter (CC or shooty army?) If you collect white scars you may give him a jump pack or bike etc.

Next find the bits you want for oyur conversion or is your character similar enough to use a standard model? If its a conversion pick your bits and order them froim GW. Take care when picking bits as they can be expensive and you dont want to go ordering bits you dont need.
win/loss/draw for EoT using IG

5/8/0

Member of the prestigious 40K.ca Imperial Guard Commissariate

Comissar Speer-Formerly known as Captain Nemes

Offline Wargamer

• Codex King, Field Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Guess what I've been doing!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2003, 03:15:59 PM »
Take, for example, my character: Captain Cassius.

Cost  Ws  Bs  S  T  W  I  A  Ld  Sv
Cassius  110      5    5  4  4    3  5  4  10  3+
Wargear: Bolter, Combi Power Fist-Grenade Launcher, Terminator Honours (+1 A included in profile).
SPECIAL RULES:
Faith is my shield!: Cassius’ faith is so unshakable that he receives a 6+ Invulnerable save (taken Instead of normal armour). Also, as he believes that to hide from the foe is cowardice, he may not use Cover.
Third Company Captain: Cassius drills his beliefs into his men, inspiring them to greater feats of heroism. To represent this, All Tactical Squads (and ONLY Tactical Squads!) receive the Faith is my shield! special rule.

Image can be found here.

Was a General of the Imperial Guard, now more of a freelance Captain sort of thing. Ish. Keeping the rank pins though, they look nice.

EOdex Harlequin Player, now and always.
Death to the fake Harlequins!

"Let's make some mischief!"
-175th Galetonian.

Offline HellCrY

• "My arrogance is matched only by my firepower"
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2003, 06:26:39 PM »
im sorry, but purple marines? :o :o :o wut were you thinking?  

specail chars arent very easy to make up. its best usually not to give them super hyped up abilities, and to play some battles with ur friends and sort of have him earn his ability. example being i had a bt marine kill 4 chaos termis, and he only had a chainsword! so i gave him some special gold text on his armour. i prefer to do it this way, rather than just have some guy u made up out of the purpl...err blue(still cant get over purple marines)

Offline Wargamer

• Codex King, Field Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Guess what I've been doing!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2003, 04:14:48 AM »
I was thinking that I wanted an army that looks good, and has a unique colour scheme. This was the result. There are many worse schemes out there (Tangerine Marines for one...).

Was a General of the Imperial Guard, now more of a freelance Captain sort of thing. Ish. Keeping the rank pins though, they look nice.

EOdex Harlequin Player, now and always.
Death to the fake Harlequins!

"Let's make some mischief!"
-175th Galetonian.

Offline Anderz

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2003, 05:47:59 AM »
Nice rules and pics wargamer, here you find what you need Capt. Augustus
For the Greater god
For Roboute Guillime
And for the kings of dead
For settra!!!

about 3k Ultramarines
about 1k Tau
about 1k Tomb kings

Special charachters Farsight O'shava (he rul'z) Lord Macragge(cool model) And TQ Khalida(she rul'z, why ain't she have the rule farsight has)

may the dead live long and prevail......

Offline Capt. Augustus

• Ever meet a horny toad?
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2003, 01:45:39 AM »
Good help..thanks