News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 40k minature exchange # 2  (Read 29264 times)

Offline Syphon

Re: 40k minature exchange # 2
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2008, 04:09:56 AM »
Yeah, Lorizael! *stares* Let's all throw angry glares at him!
*does so to avoid suspicion* >.>
Quote from: Locarno
The fundamental rule of the Imperial Guard - "don't make it tougher, buy another one..."

Offline Alexander's Son

• Mentor - Newbies feel free to ask for any help.
    • Alexander Son's web page
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2008, 10:18:32 AM »
Yeah, Lorizael! *stares* Let's all throw angry glares at him!
*does so to avoid suspicion* >.>

And since, from the previous exchange, mine is done and primed why won't I got a pic? And everyone else to see...  ;)
Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

Offline Granite Slam

• Fio'el Tautica - I See Stupid People...So Many Stupid People...
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Coolest. Dude. Ever.
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2008, 12:07:54 PM »
    @Fal:
       Pretty much settled on a Howling Banshee Exarch for you, having read your post in the first one. Any preferences as to the weapon load out? I've got ideas for an Executioner equipped one as well as ideas for one with Mirror Swords.
       I'm happy to work out the concept with you first if you would like to ensure you end up with something that you're happy with. I'm a big fan of dynamic, flowing poses and confident in my ability to pull them off so no restrictions.....

Initial ideas would be as follows:

• Executioner: Leaping from a rock with a halberd style incarnation of the Executioner raised two handed above her head looking down at a point about 1/2" in front of her base. (So about the center of an enemy model in b2b.
    • Executioner: Same body pose as above but with the Executioner held blade down and stabbing towards the same point as she is looking.
    • Mirror Swords: Crouched on a back leg with the front leg extended, sword held extended over the front leg using the same side arm with the other arm arched over the head with the second sword pointing forwards as well. Although I think that this pose may be a little too defensive.
    • Mirror Swords: Mid pirouette, head looking back over a shoulder with the sword held in the opposite arm swinging around for a strike with the one in the arm connected to the shoulder being looked over extended down and slightly backwards.

Off to watch SW:E2, specifically the fight against Count Duku for some more two weapon poses. Will also check out some figure skating for spinning moves. After that, probably some Bulletproof Monk, Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon and maybe Elektra for something useful with the Executioner.

-S

[/list]
    « Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 12:11:07 PM by Granite Slam »
    I reserve the right to end any discussion with a big stick.

Quote from: Rummy
    Dark Eldar - better than everyone be-atch! The only reason the Dark Eldar haven't toppled the Imperium is that Terra doesn't have valet parking.

Offline Khargrim

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2008, 01:29:09 PM »
    id appreciate it if you could tag naik as being done by khargrim, cheers

Offline 666_Mutley_666

• Mass debating - a filthy group habbit!
    « Reply #44 on: March 18, 2008, 04:04:42 PM »
    id appreciate it if you could tag naik as being done by khargrim, cheers

whoops sorry buddy didnt see that :) done now :)
    oink is a nancy!

Offline Cris767

• Spammer: Forum Blathermouth
    • How cool is that?^
    « Reply #45 on: March 18, 2008, 04:07:25 PM »
    I'd love to participate but do you buy the model or what 'cause if someone asks for say a dark eldar warrior would u not have to buy the 16 pack to make 1??

Offline 666_Mutley_666

• Mass debating - a filthy group habbit!
    « Reply #46 on: March 18, 2008, 04:14:38 PM »
    basically the first post says all the rules, u say what you would like to have made for you and then u pick some one else to do. usally people pick someone who they have parts to make a model for already there fore meaning they only have to pay the postage. if you arent an experienced converter/painter id advise you not to partipate (this is just so no one then harbours bad feelings about it)
    oink is a nancy!

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
    « Reply #47 on: March 18, 2008, 06:38:49 PM »
    I wont join this one, but I'm looking forward to see what everyone is posting. Good luck all!!!
    Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • I take the Pith so you dont have too!
      • Blog
    « Reply #48 on: March 19, 2008, 09:24:57 AM »
    Okay, put me down for Khargrim, hav'nt quite made up my mind which one of his suggestions I'll take up on yet will have a think.

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
    • Ancient
    « Reply #49 on: March 19, 2008, 07:56:37 PM »
    Lucky git Khagrim!

I'll do 666_vrykolakas_666's mutant.

Offline Agent of Change

• Ork Boy
    • It's not how much dakka, It's who doesn't survive!
    « Reply #50 on: March 20, 2008, 12:17:33 AM »
    Ok so while my job hunt continues i have alot of free time so I'm almost finished with my conversion.  I unfortunately do not have regular access to a digital camera.  the following pics were taken with my phone (i apologize for the quality) and is a mock up of of all the bits together forming this Nightlords Sorceror.

OK basically what you are looking at is a WHF chaos guy (i don't know what model really it was in a buddies bitz box) who has had added part of a chaos marine breast plate, green stuff armor plating to cover a bare chest.  A force axe in his left arm, a tome of magic in his right.  Bat wings mounted to his back, and a green stuff "skirt/robe" to cover the unarmored legs.  His collar is the cheek frills from a dragon and really what started the whole conversion.  on the base to the right of the sorceror is a large bat as a familair and in front of him are  two piles of skulls flanking a Chaos Cross (8 point star) in a pool of greenstuff "blood".

Hopefully i'll get a camera to use soon.

EDITED for explination of fuzzy pics.
    « Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 12:33:52 AM by Agent of Change »
    When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can become deadly projectiles.
    ___________________ _______________
    Blood Angels: still fighting for the Imperium and not Khorne...  Really.
    Da Boyz iz wierd, Da Boyz iz mad, Da Boyz iz 'ere, WAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!
    "Unprotected FAQing gave me Codex Herpes"

Offline Calus Drakin

• Armies: Night Lords, Eldar
    « Reply #51 on: March 20, 2008, 12:34:13 AM »
    Looking good so far.  :D  Looks like you're already half-way done.

I've only got the bits ordered for my project.  :P
    Considering my chosen armies are Vampire Counts and Night Lords, yes, I think "Back from the dead" is probably the most accurate description of my return.

Vampire Counts
         1 / 1 / 1

Offline Alexander's Son

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2008, 10:18:29 AM »
     Nice daemon... who's the lucky receiver? I haven't really started yet... still collecting ideas!

Offline Agent of Change

• Ork Boy
    « Reply #53 on: March 21, 2008, 12:35:42 AM »
    Okay so i've made some more progress.  So still Phone Pics but hopefully i'll get some clean pics of the finished projects.  I'm still workingon the wings and some other details but almost done.

When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can become deadly projectiles.

Offline Calus Drakin

• Armies: Night Lords, Eldar
    « Reply #54 on: March 21, 2008, 12:56:16 AM »
    Wow, at the rate you're going you'll be done before the rest of us have even started. Then what are you going to do for the next two months ?  :P
    Considering my chosen armies are Vampire Counts and Night Lords, yes, I think "Back from the dead" is probably the most accurate description of my return.

Vampire Counts
         1 / 1 / 1

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
    « Reply #55 on: March 21, 2008, 01:02:40 AM »
    I'm loving everything except for the base. However, that might just be because of the poor pictures.
    Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.

Offline Agent of Change

• Ork Boy
    « Reply #56 on: March 21, 2008, 02:10:14 AM »
    Well, I'm finishing up the force axe as I post this so yeah i'll be done tonight. 

Wow, at the rate you're going you'll be done before the rest of us have even started. Then what are you going to do for the next two months ?  :P

As to that go visit the "My 2008 projects" thread in the Konversions board, you'll get some idea of what i'm up to.  besides i still have another 150 or so orks to paint for my new army so i'll be busy.  All this means is i have nothing better to do.

Offline Dux Aurelius Elysius

• Lord Inquisitor Tempestus; Captain Buzzkill.
    • Ancient
    • A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time.
      • The Duke's Painting Table (my painting blog)
    « Reply #57 on: March 21, 2008, 08:59:49 AM »
      @Fal:
      • Mirror Swords: Crouched on a back leg with the front leg extended, sword held extended over the front leg using the same side arm with the other arm arched over the head with the second sword pointing forwards as well. Although I think that this pose may be a little too defensive.
      • Mirror Swords: Mid pirouette, head looking back over a shoulder with the sword held in the opposite arm swinging around for a strike with the one in the arm connected to the shoulder being looked over extended down and slightly backwards.

On of these two sounds awesome, whichever gives you less of a headache :P

Alexander, what do you want of your Space Wolf?  Weapon?  Basing?  Any particular pose request?  Rank?  Is it a straight paint scheme or is there something notable about it?
      I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion.

Offline Alexander's Son

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2008, 12:25:54 PM »
      Alexander, what do you want of your Space Wolf?  Weapon?  Basing?  Any particular pose request?  Rank?  Is it a straight paint scheme or is there something notable about it?

PM sent!  ;D

Offline Cris767

• Spammer: Forum Blathermouth
      • How cool is that?^
      « Reply #59 on: March 21, 2008, 05:40:18 PM »
      Do you think my painting is sufficient to put my name down?These aren't completely finjished and the searg's hand is off 'cause I'm putting on a teleport homer.Another problem might be that I don't have sufficient parts 'cause I have no SM legs and no meltas of any kind.I don't have any plasma cannons or guns neither and I have a very limited 'Nids bitz box.The leftovers from a carnifex and warrior box is all I've got.http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa48/Cris767/SNV31064.jpg   

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa48/Cris767/SNV31063.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa48/Cris767/SNV31062.jpg
      « Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 05:55:29 PM by Cris767 »