News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Exodites 1k  (Read 668 times)

Offline EightyEight

• The Santa hat is here to stay.
Exodites 1k
« on: January 10, 2004, 04:19:25 AM »
Compulsory

HQ
Exodite Lord- 95
Exodite Lord (55) with Plasma Pistol (10), Power weapon (5), Healer’s Herbs (10), Greater Poisoned Blades (5) and Scion of the World-Spirit (10).

TROOPS
Exodite Warriors- 110
10x Exodite Warriors (40) with Ring-rifle. Healer attached (30).
Exodite Warriors- 94
8x Exodite Warriors (40) with Ring-pistol and close combat weapon. Healer attached (30).

Optional

HQ
Mystic- 70
Mystic (30) with Blades of Gaia (10), Fortune (20), Concealment (10) and Ghosthelm (10).

TROOPS
Exodite Scouts- 60
3x Exodite Scouts (60), all have Eldar Long Rifle and Plasma grenades.
Exodite Scouts- 60
3x Exodite Scouts (60), all have Eldar Long Rifle and Plasma grenades.
Exodite Dragonriders- 120
5x Dragonriders (120) with Group Leader (+4), Laser Lance and Plasma grenades.

FAST ATTACK
Warsuits- 135
3x Warsuits (135), one with Blast Lance and Brightlance, one with Laser Lance and Polaris Cannon, one with Laser Lance and Degenerator Lance.

HEAVY SUPPORT
Dragon Herd- 245
1x Shepard (45) with Dragon Goad and Brightlance, 20x Dragons (200) with teeth and claws.

TOTAL: 999

Tactics:
The Rangers will find a hill somewhere and snipe important characters and squad leaders off from there.

The first Exodite warruior squad will run up using FoF and use the Rapid Fire Ring-rifles to unleash a salvo in the enemies' faces, aided by the other Mystic with Fortune and/or Conceal at critical moments.
The other squad will run up with them, but assault where the others shoot. The Mystic will try to keep close to them as well, so as to boost them as well with his/her powers.
The Lord will probably be in the assault unit.

Meanwhile, the Knights will run up wherever needed and go for weak units, war machines and lone (hopefully weak) characters.

The Warsuits will act as mobile heavy support, weakening  basic squads and providing enough firepower to totally overkill ind. characters.

The Dragon herd will also get into assault as soon as possible, with sheer weight of numbers against most basic squads (save Orks and IG).

What do you think? Could someone also run the numbers and see if the points cost is right, as I thought it was but my calculator told me otherwise.
That always happens...

Edit
I have changed the roster, as the previous one was totally messed up.
I assume it is alright to post the individual points costs of items, as the Exodite codex I am using is not copyright GW stuff and it is free to download.

Just some more questuons about the codex-

Do Warsuits move as infantry?

What is the standard unit coherency? In the Dragon Herd entry it says 4", but there is no special rule...

What does the Dragon Goad do for the Shepard of a Dragon Herd? Does it act like a Laser Lance?

That's all folks
« Last Edit: January 11, 2004, 02:56:32 AM by DinAmar »
Are we as offensive as we might be?