News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WotW Event: April Foolishness Konverzion Contest  (Read 4818 times)

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
Re: WotW Event: April Foolishness Konverzion Contest
« Reply #20 on: May 2, 2013, 02:51:08 PM »
Congrats all on the entries too; some great work.
Ork E Nuff - I know what you mean about an expanding bitz box; that's the principle reason we're moving house . . . Nice work on the oversized rocket launcher, very orky - and I'm a fan of swappable options on my vehicles, good job getting it on something as small as a nob.
OD - that's a great homage to a great figure; I too remember the oddboyz with minderz figures, and you did it proud.
Baldar - very striking colour scheme; would love to see some konversion at some point, competition or no!
Skeeter - I particularly like the pose of the ork on the right; I find it hard to make non-ork components look good on ork konversions, but the heavy bolter feed looks great, and seemlessly integrated with the figure.
Wouldn't want to be a judge!

Yellow is the new Green . . .

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 11:02:38 AM »
PSSSSST!!!! (looks around to see if anyone else is looking) Hey, OD, did you forget to tell the judges to judge? (puts grot out in the open to take the beating, and moves off to a safer spot)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 08:14:31 PM »
Yup, the judges were sent all the details on the 1st, complete with nice shiny links to everyone's final project post.  I'm sure they'll be posting the results shortly, patience is a virtue after all. 

In the meantime I can't believe how incredibly absent minded I was to not mention it prior, but I want to thank all the contestants/contributors: Skeetergod, Baron Wastelands, Baldar89, Ork E Nuff, and MekEad (next time I know you'll have enough time to finish your projekt!).  I also want to thank our judges panel in advance, I'm sure they're having a bit of a tough time making the hard decisions.  This is the first time I've tried to run this type of event, and I'm rather proud of all the fine work that was completed in it.  Should I run another I hope that you all will contribute again!

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline Changeyname

• Mek| I gotz da loudz WAAAAAAAAAAGH! | Battlefield Orkespondent | Best Modeller | This years Dizz (I lose by choice!)
  • Ancient
  • Wolverine or double Batman.... you decide
« Reply #23 on: June 9, 2013, 06:40:09 AM »
Right you lot, it's been a slog trying to motivate the worthless lot who judged this thing but the results are finally in.....
Scores have been tabulated, bribes have been counted and several dozen grots have been flogged to death (no reason, just because) and the winners are:

In Third place - Ork E Nuff's Tankbusta Nob

In Second place - Baron Wastelands' Cyclorc Missile Launcher

In First place - OD from TV's Stolen Wyrdboy

Honourable mentions to both Baldur89 and Skeetergod who both had really great entries and were only just pipped out of a podium spot

Sorry about the wait but I think we should all congratulate OD from TV's fantastic entry and thank him for running a good show
« Last Edit: June 9, 2013, 06:43:24 AM by Changeyname »
The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--The dead shall rise!

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #24 on: June 9, 2013, 07:25:23 AM »
Awesome...  Congrats to all the winners...

BTW Od, your weirdboy is very characterful...  You should mount him in your grot mega tank and take him for a spin! lol  ;)

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #25 on: June 9, 2013, 12:10:15 PM »
Congrats to the winners, your teef have been added to your bank account. As soon as I get to a spot with bandwidth again I will upload the updated report.

A big thanks to Changeyname for getting the judges away from the squig juice den long enough to look at the pictures. Two thumbs way up.  :)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak