News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: I have some confusion....  (Read 519 times)

Offline El Pyr0

I have some confusion....
« on: April 28, 2008, 10:52:51 PM »
I have the codex and have read it twice now. I dont understand a few things such as: Are lootas an upgrade from Ork Boyz? How do you upgrade Boyz to Ard Boyz? Are Kommandos Burnas?

I may sound like a complete idiot but i played necron previosly and i didnt have to deal with any of the upgrading other than on my Lord.

Thanks for the help.

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
Re: I have some confusion....
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 11:29:08 PM »
Hello, let me see if I can help:

1: Lootaz are their own unit in the same way that a squad of Immortals and a squad of Necron Warriors are their own separate units. This means that you should ignore the fact that they have the same profile - they are in all respects entirely different units with their own squad sizes, upgrades, and weapons options.

2: Ard Boyz is the name of the upgrade that improves the armor save of 1 unit of Ork Boyz [the troops choice] per army. So, if you field an army of Orks, and include at least one squad of Ork Boys as a troops choice, a maximum of 1 of your Ork Boyz units can take this upgrade and boost their armor save as a result.

3: Kommandos and Burnas are two entirely separate unit choices in the same way that Immortals and Warriors are two separate unit choices. Kommandos can take a burna as a weapon upgrade, but you should not confuse this option with the unit entry Burna Boyz, which is an entire unit of models carrying burnas. Again, Burnas generally refers to the unit called Burna Boyz, and burnas [lower case] generally refers to the weapon option which certain Ork units have access to.

Hope that helps!

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 09:51:01 AM »
Another note on Ard Boyz - and this is where confusion comes in for many a new ork player.  Ard Boyz are not sold.  You have to make your own.  One way to do it is to buy a box of Ork Boyz and then give them spiky shoulder pads, helmets, or iron gobs to make them look 'Ard.  The Ork Army has lots of possibilities for conversion - that's one joy of being an Ork Player - you can really go your own way when creating a unit.

Be sure to hang out here and ask questions.  You'll always find some help and some inspirational pics as well (see the Sticky Topics for pics).

Solorg
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline El Pyr0

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 04:24:34 PM »
thanks all