News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Space Wolves Saga  (Read 1637 times)

Offline JL

• Its just a game relax, that's how the dice Roll
Space Wolves Saga
« on: November 5, 2009, 12:16:26 AM »
Hi All
I am trying to see what Saga to give my HQ's, though some of the Saga are not that helpful for the points you spend.
There are only three that are okay but points wise they are not cheap and I think that for Fluff that they should have reduced them points wise and add a negative effect like trait in the old Space marine Codex would have be cool.

Saga of Majesty
is my personal my personal favourite and I think the best Points wise.

Saga of the Warrior Born for the amount of points I just not sure if it worth it.

Saga of the Bear
is a really good saga but heavy points wise

These are the only ones I see as being of any good to use, the others just don’t  seem that effective to me for what they do.

Offline NecronCell2131

• KoN Veteran
  • Mindshackle Scarabs Abuser
  • Armies: Necrons, Vampire counts
Re: Space Wolves Saga
« Reply #1 on: November 5, 2009, 03:53:02 AM »
Saga of the Bear. That is my choice, there is nothing worse then seeing that tooled up character taking a hit at double and watching him die (lascannon shot, powerfist, etc).
My Tesseract Labyrinth Collection:
 1xDreadknight
 Enemies Doored by Monolith:
 1xBlack templars dreadnought,1xChaos lord,1xEmperors champion,1xDante,1xBelial,4xMelta guns that failed to kill it,1xWolf lord,1xStraken

Offline Swamp Rat

« Reply #2 on: November 5, 2009, 09:27:25 AM »
Saga of the Beastslayer with Wolf CLaws and a Wolf Tooth Necklace is pretty good, re rolling failed hits and failed wounds is pretty epic. And it's pretty cheap to boot.
the only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function the way a soldier is supposed to function -- without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends on it.

Don't cry for the Happy dead
But weep for those who dread to die.

Space Wolves Win Draw Loss - 5-3-0

Offline TC101

• I Will Strike Down All Who Oppose Me!
« Reply #3 on: November 6, 2009, 07:44:56 PM »
Saga of the Bear. That is my choice, there is nothing worse then seeing that tooled up character taking a hit at double and watching him die (lascannon shot, powerfist, etc).

agreed Saga of the Bear is well worth the points and having a super outfitted wolf lord getting insta-pwned by a lascanon or demolisher would be devastating.  usually what i do is give my wolf lord a thunder-wolf mount to get  his toughness up and have less things than can insta pwn him (dont have codex with me but i believe the mount gives him T6 but not sure) then i give him a different saga (i field wolves so i take Saga of Wolfkin and it helps pwn eldar lol)  my 2 cents