News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Chronicles of the Brush: For the Greater Good  (Read 119634 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Myen'Tal's Conclave: The Painting Chronicles
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2018, 08:16:30 AM »
Their bioshock blast can also cripple a unit too, especially in a large squad. It's a great tool to keep tucked away in case they are charged. But, not very many units in the game can survive a charge from Morsar guard, and they are so fast, that you can often plonk them into any target you wish.

If you listen to the honest Wargamer podcast, they recently had a show which was a rundown on just that unit. Certainly something with my Skaven, I'm unsure how to tackle.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: Myen\'Tal\'s Conclave: The Painting Chronicles
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2018, 02:49:53 AM »

Current Collection:

2x Isharann Soulrenders
1x Isharann Tidecaster
1x Lotann, Keeper of Souls
20x Namarti Thralls
20x Namarti Reavers
2x Allopex Riders
6x Ishlean Guard
6x Morssar Guard

List Ideas: So I'm actually rethinking what enclave I would like to run... for the sake of lessening the cost of having buy 40 more Thralls for my 2000 pt list. I'll stick with the Mor'Phann color scheme, because I have grown to like it a lot. But right now the coin toss is up on the Briomdar, Fuethan, or Dhom-hain. Right now I'm leaning toward the latter two, but being able to fly for all units for the Briomdar is pretty cool 8).

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin - Mortal Realm: Hysh

LEADERS

Isharann Soulrender (100)
- General
- Command Trait : Born From Agony
- Artefact : Aetherquartz Brooch

Isharann Tidecaster (100)

Lotann, Warden of the Soul Ledgers

UNITS

30 x Namarti Thralls
10 x Namarti Reavers
10 x Namarti Reavers
6 x Akhelian Ishlaen Guard
6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard

BEHEMOTHS

Akhelian Leviadon

ENDLESS SPELLS

Suffocating Gravetide
Prismatic Palisade
Malevolent Maelstrom

2000/2000

LEADERS

Isharann Soulrender
- General
- Command Trait : Born From Agony
- Artefact : Aetherquartz Brooch

Isharann Tidecaster

Lotann, Warden of the Soul Ledgers

Eidolon of Mathlann, Aspect of the Sea

UNITS

30 x Namarti Thralls
10 x Namarti Reavers
10 x Namarti Reavers
6 x Akhelian Ishlaen Guard
6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard

TOTAL: 1980/2000

Post Merge: August 12, 2018, 11:51:23 PM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

Well now I know to drybrush the armor before painting most of the other colors. The Thralls have progressed to the next stage, but will need some touch-ups before I move on.  :)

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 11:51:25 PM by MyenTal »
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2018, 12:29:44 AM »
Battle Report:

Fuethan Enclave (Idoneth Deepkin) vs. Khailebron Temple (Daughters of Khaine)

Mission: Places of Power

2000 Points

Deepkin List:

1x Soulrender: General, Lord of Storm and Sea, Terrornight Venom
1x Soulrender
1x Lotann, Keeper of Souls
1x Tidecaster w/ Vorpal Maelstrom
10x Namarti Thralls
10x Namarti Reavers
10x Namarti Reavers
6x Ishlaen Guard
6x Morrsar Guard
2x Allopexes
Allies:
1x Knight Incantor
5x Sequitors

Daughters of Khaine List:

1x Morathi
1x Bloodwrack Medusae: General, Mirror Glaive
1x Hag Queen (artifact I cannot recall)
30x Witch Elves
5x Blood Sisters
5x Blood Sisters
5x Blood Seekers
5x Blood Seekers
10x Blood Seekers

Battalion: Temple Nest

Deployment:

The deployment zones for the mission split the board into two diagonal halves. Along the diagonal line that separates the players' territories, three objectives are placed. One on either end of the table, one in the northwest and southeast respectively, and a third placed in the center of the board. Only heroes with an artifact or wizards are allowed to hold and score objectives, so my opponent and I deployed accordingly.

Deepkin Deployment:

The Deepkin deployed just outside of the 12" from the DoK's territory, and basically sealed up my half of the board with nice conga line. On the right flank, The Morrsar Guard deployed behind a line of ten namarti thralls, backed by the General Soulrender.  Anchored on the other side of the thralls further toward the center field, Lotann and the other Soulrender perched themselves between the Narmati Thralls and a squad of Reavers behind an Occularum terrain piece.

In the center, the Sequitors created a bulwark in the small space between the occularum and one half of the Gloomtide Shipwreck placed conveniently just out of reach of the board's center.

On the left flank, another squad of reavers deployed behind an observatory-like terrain piece, backed up by a Tidecaster for further support. On the extreme left flank, the Ishlaen Guard and a squadron of Allopexes stood ready to swarm the northwest objective.

Daughters of Khaine Deployment:

Across from the Deepkin right flank, a token force of 5 Blood Sisters and 5 Blood Seekers deploy to assault the Southeast objective, across from the Morrsar Guard. In the center, 30 Witch Elves mustered for an offensive, backed by Morathi more towards the Idoneth's center-left, Hag Queen, Medusae, and two units of 10 and 5 Blood Seekers skulking in the backfield. Not too far away from the main force, a unit of 5 Blood Sisters anchor the right flank.

Deepkin Turn 1:

So, a horde of 30 witch aelves and Morathi looked like something that I wanted to steer clear away from. So, I decided that I would focus my efforts on the flanks with a swift offensive into his back lines (the dream) and play defensively with the forces anchored in my center.

The Reavers on the right flank advance and climb into the ruins of the Occularum and take up a defensive position. The other reaver squad toward the left flank did likewise and took shelter in the stairs and crumbled wall of the Observatory. Each squad would not do so well with their one-shot firing mode, so my hope here is that my opponent would want to act aggressively and come within 9" of either Reaver Squad, so that I could unleash the 3-shot rapid fire mode with impunity.

The Morrsar Guard burst forth from the aethersea and sail overhead toward the Blood Sisters and Blood Seekers arrayed against them on the right flank. But they do not charge headlong into the first fight, but attempt to stay out of charge range for the turn and form a protective barrier around the Southeast objective. The Namarti and General Soul Render advance toward the objective behind the Morrsar Guard, and form a neat second line behind them. Lotann and the second Soulrender anchor themselves below the Namarti Reaver Squad in the shadow of the Occularum.

The Ishlaen Guard combined with the Allopexes crested the waves on the left flank and created a barrier around the Northwest Objective. The Sequitors and the Knight Incantor shuffle forward to better protect their choke-point. Incantor attempts mystic shield in the magic phase, but fails.

Daughters of Khaine Turn 1:
The Witch Aelves advance toward the center, gifted with Witchbrew from the Hag Queen and enhanced with a quick Mindrazor from the Medusae. Morathi attempts to summon the Black Horror on the Reavers in the Observatory, arcane bolt into the tidecaster. She also may have attempted to mystic shield on a unit, but I don't think that one mattered too much. Arz. Black Horror fails, but the arcane bolt scores a pair of wounds on the Tidecaster, leaving her at three. The Hag Queen also attempts a go at the Blood Sacrement Prayer, but is found unworthy and is wounded.

Seeing an open gap in the Idoneth backlines, the Medusae General unleashes one of her commands and teleport the unit of 10 Bloodseekers in the Southwest, behind the tidecaster and the Namarti Reaver unit garrisoned in the Observatory.

The Bloodseekers unleash their salvo across the Idoneth lines. One of the Morrsar Guard reap two wounds, as do one of the Ishlaen Riders. The unit of 10 Bloodseekers unleash a volley into the tidecaster, but by some instance a grand fortune (Hello, Lookout Sir!), she comes limping away from the fusillade with one wound remaining.

The Bloodsisters on the right flank advanced toward the Ishlaen Guard and sounded the charge. Between them, the Blood Sisters lay low two of the Fangmora Eels and their riders. On the right flank, the Blood Sisters advance toward the wall of an azyrite ruin and hunker down behind it.

Suddenly in the midst of a ferocious battle, the Ishlaen Guard weather the storm of glaive-swings with surprising durability, only having lost a pair of their number to the onslaught of the Blood Sisters. The Helsabres rattle as they pierce scaly armor and flesh alike, leaving two of the Blood Sisters mangled and broken in the aftermath. Goaded by the scent of fresh blood on the water, the Fangmora Eels strike with brutally rapid force, and proceed to chew up the three remaining Blood Sisters with their fanged maws alone.

One unit of Blood Sisters is silenced forever in the first skirmish.

Score: 0 to 0

Deepkin Turn 2:

The Tidecaster attempts to summon a Vorpal Maelstrom upon the Melusai that have appeared from the dim waves of the Aethersea, but fails in the attempt. The Knight Incantor unleashes an arcane bolt and strikes on the Witch Aelves dead with a magical blast. Still out of range of any juicy targets, both Reaver Squads keep their eyes peeled for choicer targets.

The Namarti Thralls once again advance behind the Morrsar Guard and advance upon the objective. The Soul Render General claims the Southeast objective as his own, and will remain there for the course of the game.

At once alarmed by the Melusai in their backlines and elated by their sudden victory over the Blood Sisters, the Ishlaen Guard and the Allopex Squadron race back 14" and 12" respectively (that is their normal move distance) and prepare themselves for a swift and devastating charge into the archers.

Eager to reap their share of the glory, the Morrsar guard confidently glide just out combat range of the Blood Sisters hunkered behind the Azyrite wall (like that will save them from the flying eels!).

The eerie call of the Morrsar Musician's conch shell spurs her Akhelian brethren into a lightning charge. The Blood Sisters shriek out in blind terror as the Fangmora Eels burst over the Azyrite ruins, suddenly impaled upon the Volt-Spears of the Akhelians fluid charge. What little remains of the Blood Sisters is torn to shreds by the voracious maws of the rampant fangmora eels.

Another unit of Blood Sisters bites the dust.

The Ishlaen Guard and the Allopexes succeed in closing the distance with the 10 Blood Seekers. In the frantic paced melee, four Melusai are slain in the exchange, but the ceremonial daggers of the Blood Seekers take their own toll, as a wound is taken on one of the Allopexes, and another Ishlaen dragged from his mount and viciously stabbed to death. However, of the six remaining Blood Seekers, four of them lose their courage and flee from the battle! Only two Blood Seekers remain from the big unit.

Undeterred by the death of their glaive wielding sisters, the Blood Seekers on the right flank find an opportunity to pounce upon the Morrsar Guard and pile in for a sneaky attack! One of the Akhelians is slain in the ambush.

Daughters of Khaine turn 2:

Morathi starts the show with a successful Arz. Black Horror summoned upon the Reaver Squad in the Observatory. Of the ten Namarti hunters, six of them are slain, pretty much maiming the unit before it could strike. She also transforms into her monstrous true self. The Medusae fires another arcane bolt into the tidecaster and obliterates her in an explosion of shadow magic.  Witchbrew is given, but I think Mind Razor failed this time. The Hag Queen attempts another prayer is found unworthy again, and is dropped to three wounds (jilted :P!).

Morathi flies over to the now abandoned Northwest objective and claims the place of power as her own. The Witch Aelves advance along with the Medusae and claim the center objective.

In the midst of combat, the Blood Seekers manage to drag down another Akhelian through sheer spite (mortal wounds inflicted on the Akhelians whenever they roll hit rolls of one :P). In turn, three of their number are fed to the eels, and only two remain standing.

Deepkin Turn 3: The Knight Incantor summons an arcane bolt and annihilates another Witch Aelf. The Reavers fortified in the Occularum open up with their rapid-fire shot, but due to Khailebron's mist-shroud, they only manage to cut down two or three witch aelves.

There can be no more waiting, the High Tide has come and demands a sacrifice a dogs to be pulled down into the depths! The Sequitors and the Knight Incantor lead the charge into the horde of Witch Aelves. Encouraged by the High Tide, the Soulrender and Lotann himself join the charge into the Daughters of Khaine. The Ishlaen Guard and the Allopexes race across the left flank into the center of the battlefield, but become too exhausted to join the carnage and shred the enemy (really critical fail of a charge for both units here :P).

Making use of the High Tide, the Idoneth Heroes deign to be the first to swing their blades in this combat. The Soulrender does well for himself, and cuts down about four Witch Aelves on his own. Lotann pretty much is clubbing the open air, and only manages to slay about one or two of the Aelves despite all of his attacks.

The Witch Aelves strike back in a sudden flurry of blows. Two Sequitors are slain in the melee, while the Soulrender is dropped to three wounds, and Lotann himself dropped to two. The Sequitors strike back with such haste, that they forget to use their Aetheric Channeling and promptly miss every single one of their attacks :P. Oh well, I guess the Idoneth only use them for the extra wounds lol. The Knight Incantor does a bit better and puts another 3-4 aelves into the grave.

The Morrsar Guard finish off their Blood Seeker opponents and await the coming of the ebb tide (which is high tide as well for Fuethan) to make their next move.

Daughters of Khaine Turn 4:

Blood Sacrament finally goes off from the Hag Queen, Mindrazor goes off from the Medusae, and then the Snake-Aelf uses a command point and teleport the Hag Queen to the Northwest objective where Morathi is. The Hag Queen now claims the objective and allows Morathi to finally unleash herself upon the foe.

The unit of Blood Seekers in the back take potshots at the Knight Incantor whittle her down to three wounds. Seeking to stop Fuethan's momentum on the left flank, Morathi fixates the Ishlaen Lochian Prince with her deathly stare and turns the Akhelian and his mount into a monument of stone, leaving only the musician on one wound (took some fire from the Blood Seekers).

The Knight Incantor pops a soul flask, and puts a couple wounds on the enemy as well as herself. The Witch Aelves plunge themselves into a murderous frenzy in the center, and proceed to cut down the Soulrender and Lotann, and whittle down the Sequitors to just the Sequitor Prime. The Bloodwrack Medusae throws some blows in on the Knight Incantor, but somehow, despite the pounding of the Witch Aelf knives and their general, stands firm with one wound remaining.

The last unit of 5 Blood Seekers charge in, but even piling, cannot really reach the front of the combat. They surround their Bloodwrack General and prepare to fight to the death.

Morathi charges in and slays the remaining Ishlaen, and impales the slightly wounded Allopex upon her great spear, Heartrender, slaying it. The remaining Allopex strike at Morathi before she can get her blows in and take off the maximum three wounds that she can receive in one turn. (Awesome :)!). Two Naramti Reavers still hunkered in the Observatory are pulled into the combat.

Deepkin Turn 4:

Ebb Tid = High Tide for the Fuethan, and none are safe now that there is blood in the water.

Being allowed to run and charge or run and shoot, the remaining Idoneth units still outside of the thickest fighting surge forward to enter the fray. The Soulrender General uses a command point for "On the Double" on the Namarti Thrall unit within 12" of him. The Thralls rush forward and succeed in their charge to enter the fray. The Thralls whittle the Witch Aelves to about eight or so, but are in turn shredded to about just four Thralls :P.

The Sequitor Prime, the last remaining warrior in her unit, remembers her Aetheric Channeling and manages to whittle down the Witch Aelves further still. The Knight Incantor manages to land some blows on the Bloodwrack Medusa and take her down to four wounds.

The combined efforts of the remaining Allopex and the two Namarti Thralls manage to cleave another three wounds off of Morathi, leaving her six wounds left. Morathi proceeds to rend apart the last remaining reavers, and whittles down the Allopex to one wound due to many flubbed rolls toward the end and some lucky saves!

The Morrsar Guard pull off the impossible thanks to the Flood Tide and their natural 14" move. They ride the waves toward where the fighting is thickest with an 17" move and run, and proceed to nail their charge with a mighty roll of 10. They slam the Blood Sisters and the Bloodwrack Medusae from the rear, and with the impetuousness of their charge, proceeded to slay everyone in range, leaving my Knight Incantor with her one wound to claim the objective.

Daughters of Khaine Turn 5:

Nothing much remains at this point. The Deepkin have a Knight Incantor, four Morrsar Guard, and unit of 10 Reavers left to them. The Daughters of Khaine on the other hand, have a Morathi with half of her wounds, a Hag Queen, and four Witch Aelves left on the field.

Morathi turns a pair of Reavers to stone with her powerful gaze and swiftly charges in and crushes the Knight Incantor under her great tail and rends apart one of the Morrsar Guard. But the Akhelians have not lost their bite, and manage to tear another three wounds off of Morathi, leaving her with three left!

With the Reavers having nothing to shoot at, they abandon their fortification to advance toward the Hag Queen. A vain effort, but might as well.

The Idoneth Deepkin didn't have much of a fifth turn, as I retreated with my Akhelians toward the Hag Queen thinking there would be a turn six. It was at the end of my final turn that my opponent and I both realized that the mission ends on turn 5.

So we called it a good game.

The Daughters of Khaine pulled out a nail-biting victory.

DoK : Deepkin
15  : 12

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2018, 05:07:48 PM »
Sounds like you had a good game :)
Just a heads up, Ironjaws move alot faster than you think :(

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2018, 06:22:31 PM »
Sounds like you had a good game :)
Just a heads up, Ironjaws move alot faster than you think :(

Oh yeah, I've heard of the Ironjawz far reaching capabilities ;D, there are a couple of ironjawz players at my local games workshop. Wouldn't mind seeing who is the fastest army  ;D!

It was definitely a great game, went back and forth a couple times and was a lot of fun. The Akhelians proved themselves the real heroes in that battle. Between the unit of Ishlaen Guard and Akhelian Guard, they almost accounted for every Melusai model on the battlefield! I think the Fuethan Enclave helped me turn the tide in some pivotal moments. Being able to run and charge or run and shoot definitely swung the game around in my favor toward the end of the match.

I think I agree with you about the Namarti Reavers, when they did come through, they provided some support, but in the overall scheme of things it was nothing spectacular. Granted, Khailebrons debuff to shooting really hampered them quite badly. Even when shooting with Rapid Fire shot with a full squad into a group of 30 Witches, I only accounted for like 3 or 4 of them by the end of the game.

The Namarti Thralls could have done some serious damage when they joined the combat, I only needed to take more of them. A unit of ten, as you mentioned, is not nearly enough. They charged in, dealt some damage, and then promptly died to the Witch Aelves' knives and battleshock.

The Allopexes did better once I placed them into a single unit. The Retarius Net Launchers only managed to hit and wound once. I think they did more than enough in this game, however, managing to drop Morathi down to half of her wounds before she put both of them in the grave. There was one turn where the last Allopex was on one wound, and Morathi pretty much flubbed all of her shooting attacks and kept her locked in combat. So there is that :).

I actually really like the Fuethan Enclave. Having two rounds of Flood Tide and a special buff around that battle round is crazy good. And being able to reroll some of the missed wound rolls thanks to their other rule turned all of my Undersea mounts to erratic damage, to solid damage dealers.

I think I might end up dropping the Namarti Reavers, adding in more Thralls and either another unit of Ishlaen Guard or an Akhelian King. Also might switch out to the other soulrender for another Tidecaster... Will have to see.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 06:56:32 PM by Myen'Tal »

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2018, 11:07:23 PM »
Oh yeah, I've heard of the Ironjawz far reaching capabilities ;D, there are a couple of ironjawz players at my local games workshop. Wouldn't mind seeing who is the fastest army  ;D!

D6 moving in the hero phase, normal move + charge, plus extra attacks for waaaggh or something, = 20 dead thralls in one turn from a single unit. That was just the guys on foot, not even their mounted troops....

Lesson = deploy waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaay back and let them go first lol.

I was just running a throw everything on the table list vs a proberly configure list, so it was going to be an up hill battle. If I had deployed properly I would have had a much better time of it.

I did get to use the shield Eels though, they did more damange than I thought andf the ignore rend was just amazing.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2018, 04:36:00 AM »
That sounded like a really good, although really tough, game Myen'Tal. In the microscopic experience I've had with Idoneth, it really shocked both me and my opponent just how far the Idoneth can reach out and touch you. The threat bubble is immense.

I wouldn't be too quick to write off the Namaarti Reavers though. Again, in my limited experience, they can really pump out some hurt as long as they aren't totally isolated. If they are used as a support unit to a more threatening unit, such as a big blob of Thralls or any of the Akhelian units, they can really do some work. The volley shooting can thin enemy units nicely and then what they can do in hth combat shouldn't be sniffed at either. If you can hold them back until turn 3 (High tide), they can absolutely wreck face. It's all about keeping them out of harm's way for the first couple of turns...or at least, if you are being aggressive with them, providing a far more threatening unit right next to them that the enemy wants to focus on.

Great updates as always bud, keep them coming!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2018, 09:05:31 PM »
Thanks, Loosh, 2nd game of AoS, and it was tough, but it was really fun and rewarding to play against my opponent even if I did lose in the end. As for the Idoneth's reach, I share the same experience that you and your opponent had, I felt toward the end of the game that my Akhelians could possibly run from one end of the board and back. Smashing into the back of those witch aelves and the medusae was simply glorious ;D.

I'll keep what you said in mind about the Namarti Reavers. I think they probably would have performed much stronger had I been facing any other temple beside Khailebron. The defensive positions I took gave them a unique bastion to hide in that was not simple to assault. But once Morathi began waving her wand around ::)...

I haven't really been painting so much recently, but I have been doing some prep work on several models that I hope to begin on in earnest this weekend. Pray to the Brush Gods that I'll have something to post soon ;) :).

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #68 on: September 1, 2018, 11:21:58 PM »
Lady Raven Von Saarland

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #69 on: September 2, 2018, 04:56:40 PM »
niiice, looks like it will fit right in as an ally for your aelves too :)

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #70 on: September 2, 2018, 05:48:49 PM »
niiice, looks like it will fit right in as an ally for your aelves too :)

Thanks, Mage :D! I've actually decided to take a break from building my Sea Aelves for the moment. I managed to break four akhelians after my ramshackle box filled with models tipped over while I wasn't looking :P. I think I'll be waiting on building and painting my Akhelians at least until I buy a proper case for them.

In the meantime though, I officially reached 2000 Points of Stormcast through some trades and acquiring some of the new kits. I already had most of the paint for the Bloodied Dawn Stormhost already, so I grabbed what small portion was missing and have commenced the painting ;D.

Still need a Tauralon, Knight Incantor, and the Stormcast Endless Spells, but other than that the list is built, just need to paint it ;).

Here is the 2000 Point List that I am working on:

LIST 1:

Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline
- General
- Command Trait : Bonds of Noble Duty
- Artefact : Patrician's Helm
- Spell : Stormcaller
- Mount Trait : Pride Leader

Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger
- Celestial Staves (Artefact) : Staff of Azyr
- Spell : Lighntning Blast
- Mount Trait : Indefatigable

UNITS
5 x Sequitors
-Tempest Blades and Soulshields
- 2 x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Sequitors
-Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
5 x Sequitors
5 x Evocators
- 5 x Grandstaves
5 x Evocators
3 x Evocators on Dracolines

WAR MACHINES

Celestar Ballista
Celestar Ballista

BATTALIONS

Cleansing Phalanx

ENDLESS SPELLS

Dais Arcanum
Celestian Vortex
Soulsnare Shackles
Prismatic Palisade
TOTAL: 1990/2000

LIST 2:

Lord-Arcanum on Tauralon
- General
- Command Trait : Bonds of Noble Duty
- Artefact : Patrician's Helm
- Spell : Stormcaller
- Mount Trait : Steel Pinions

Knight-Incantor
- Scrolls of Power (Artefact) : Scroll of Unravelling
- Spell : Lighntning Blast

UNITS

5 x Sequitors
-Tempest Blades and Soulshields
5 x Sequitors
5 x Sequitors
5 x Evocators
- 5 x Grandstaves
5 x Evocators
3 x Evocators on Dracolines

WAR MACHINES
Celestar Ballista
Celestar Ballista

BATTALIONS
Cleansing Phalanx

ENDLESS SPELLS

Dais Arcanum

Everblaze Comet
« Last Edit: September 2, 2018, 05:50:17 PM by Myen'Tal »

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #71 on: September 3, 2018, 05:50:46 PM »
oh man that sucks, hopefully they are not too damaged.

A Knight-Incantor comes with the AOS getting started magazine, so its really cheap $$ wise, its made its way into my sea elves army, being able to just pown a single spell is brilliant and the suicide flasks are kind of fun :)

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2018, 05:50:39 AM »
Just catching up! Now that's a pretty colour scheme dude :) can't wait to see them all up and painted!
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2018, 11:42:13 AM »
Just catching up! Now that's a pretty colour scheme dude :) can't wait to see them all up and painted!

Thanks, Ynnead, means a lot from the Mastermind Conversion artist himself ;D!

I've actually been doing some hobby work over the weekend. Lots of priming and transferring / pre-thinning paints into Dropper Bottles.

I just started on some more of the Deepkin models (Not going to tell which one ;)!), that I hope to share on the forum really soon. So stay tuned!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2018, 05:48:49 PM »
I just started on some more of the Deepkin models (Not going to tell which one ;)!), that I hope to share on the forum really soon. So stay tuned!

Such a tease  ;D

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2018, 09:16:55 AM »
Such a tease  ;D

Ta-Daa ;D!!!

Akhelian Allopex!

Current Just-about-finished Pile:

Current WIP Pile:

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2018, 02:18:20 PM »
Amazeballs! Love the striping on the shark. Colorpaloza! Excellent choices as always.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2018, 04:33:45 PM »
Amazeballs! Love the striping on the shark. Colorpaloza! Excellent choices as always.

Thanks for the compliment, Dread :D, means a lot as the Allopex turned out to be several degrees more effort than I was anticipating. So many small details on it, then you also have to work out the shark's skintone and how best to apply the stripe pattern. I think the Akhelian Guard made this model more of a challenge when fully assembled. Some difficult to reach spots, especially when you're trying to get the chest plate on the armor.

That said, I'm extremely proud about how it all turned out!

I'm not sure if I'll choose a different color scheme for the second Allopex to keep them unique, but I'll think on it! Do you think I should try to keep the same color scheme across the two of them for more consistency, or try the more varied approach?

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2018, 06:15:32 PM »
Have to agree with Dread, those stripes on the shark are a super nice touch.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2018, 06:54:51 PM »
Have to agree with Dread, those stripes on the shark are a super nice touch.

Thanks, Mage, the stripes proved a bit more difficult than I initially thought, but once I got the most of the colors for the skin ironed out, everything became a lot simpler :).

Speaking of the Allopex's stripes, I went back and trimmed down some of the ticker ones.

Tell me what you think!