News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 330673 times)

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
Re: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters
« Reply #1500 on: October 12, 2017, 09:13:31 AM »
*falls over stunned with awe of such a beautiful model charging up*
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1501 on: October 12, 2017, 04:45:56 PM »
lovin that axe.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #1502 on: October 13, 2017, 03:32:25 AM »
That Exalted Champion is sick Cav! I love the depth of the red, the conversion work is superb and then things like the axe work as a brilliant counterpoint of bright colour. Just love the balance of this model, it really is terrific.

Now, I love the trophy rack and I love that you have tied the model in with your Elder by having the flash of blue hair...but it just seems a bit too clean for me. I can't imagine a Khorne Berserker honouring their fallen enemies by breaking out the Head and Shoulders and giving their hair a bit of a clean before mounting the skull. Grub it up a bit! I want hair matted with blood and chunks of gristle. Where else do you get the opportunity to use chunks of gristle?

Superb piece though Cav, he'll stand out on the battlefield and looks awesome leading your squad!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1503 on: October 13, 2017, 07:21:50 AM »
Damn Cav now that is a Berserker ;) looks like a mini-Angron bowling through the ranks of the enemy. Fantastically imposing :)

Also wow that power axe is stunning. It's so bright it genuinely looks like molten metal :) would not want to get hit in the face with that!

Stunning work :)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #1504 on: October 14, 2017, 08:24:55 AM »
@Irisado- Thanks so much Irisado, especially about the detail bits. I really wanted this guy to be like 2 colors… bronze and red but to still make the details stand out so its very much appreciated. Also thanks about the darker red too… because I want him to stand out, but I didn’t want it to be “showy” as World Eaters dont care much for pomp and circumstance. Hit on some of the things I worked hardest on so its really appreciated. Thanks as always :D

@Orange- Hey bud thanks so much. Yeah the gore on the chain fist was acutally one of the toughest parts… on the Terminators they had all the bone to really show off the gore so pulling it off on a red model was really tough. Its one of the reasons I gave him the chain fist was just to gore him up a bit. Also thanks so much on the axe + the tassels as well. Coming from a painting pro like yourself it means a lot. Thanks!

@Auric’s Pride- Thanks so much AP. You know I didn’t even think of the white/blue call back to the Pre-Heresy… but I knew that I really liked it for some reason and thats probably it. My friend + cohost Brian has a World Eaters army with the white armor and red heads and it looks great and wanted to emulate it in some way (which lead to the bone and red dudes)… I must have subconsciously worked that in some how. But now that you point it out I’m going to continue to do so as I move forward. Also about a group shot, you got it! Let me just finish the next model for this army and then I’ll do a group feature… the army will be really bulked out by then. Anyway thanks bud always appreciate your feedback!

@Dog of War- Hey DoW thanks so much my man. Yeah that power axe was super fun to paint. Now that I figured out how to layer the colors (and to use Bloodletter Glaze) I love painting up those weapons. Its super easy! Squig Orange, Carroburgh Crimson wash, then clean up with squig orange again, Wild Rider, Fire Dragon Bright, Y’riel Yellow. Then Blood Letter Glaze, then hit with Y’riel Yellow highlights again. It seems like a lot of steps, buts its really just a lot of colors painted like you’d paint anything else. Also yeah I remember when you were hoping the Berzerkers were gonna be more kitbashed and converted and believe me I hear you! But I’m really just holding out for new Berzerkers. I’m gonna modify the 19 that I’ll be running… but like I said I’m gonna hold out for new ones. Then these guys will be on Apocalypse level game reservers bulking out the force.  I’d love to have a totally converted World Eaters army but I just can’t afford to do that and my custom Eldar at the same time. But trust me I WISH I could.  But once you see the whole force I think you are gonna like it. Its gonna be mean, nasty and brutal as HELL! lol Anyway thanks so much DoW!!!

@Saim-Dann- Hey bud yep you got it. You know to be honest I have no idea what those tasles are! All I know is that Kharn has them… so thats what I copied. Yeah they are pretty bright as Loosh noted, so I may hit them with an Asurmen Blue wash (yeah the super old wash). Anyway thanks glad you like the Red Beast… HEY! As I typed that I think I’ve got a name for this guy. The Red Beast! Hell yeah!

@Vonny- lol Thanks so much Vonny. You are a true artist so I truly appreciate it. Thanks Vonny you are the best!!!! Now give us some more Eldar updates! Lol

@Magenb- Thanks bud! :)

@Looshkin- Hey thanks Loosh. Really glad you like the axe/armor counterpoint. Once I saw that it worked on the talons I knew I wanted to do it for this guy. Yeah about the blue tassles… lol I have no I idea what the hell they are supposed to be. Kharn has them and they are the same turquoise so I just copied! I think what I’m gonna do is hit them with some Asurmen Blue (or Nightshade) just to darken them… if I’m feeling brave I may go for gristle- but I will definitley darken them up like Saim-Dann suggested. But I’ll hold off on the gristle as I’m afraid to mess him up now! lol Anyway thanks so much bro I always look forward to your feedback.

@Everybody- Hey everybody thanks so much for your fantastic feedback. Seriously the excitement of finishing models is always so great, but then I get second blast of hobby excitement when I get such great feedback. Thank you guys!

So not to spam updates... but this hobby train just keeps rumbling along!

So... my Corsairs are almost finished! The guys below are NOT broken up into their proper squads yet. I just grouped them into clumps of 5 for purposes of taking the photos. The specific squads were all figured out when I modeled them, but I just painted them up in random order so they are mixed up at the moment but will be sorted in the next couple days.

They are all gonna get squad markings as well which should be fun. I'm guessing they'll be finished in the next few days.

I also have an AWESOME! new model on the way for my Eldar force. Its coming from France so it'll probably take a couple more weeks. Its really gonna solidify the theme of this army. But I gotta say I'm equally excited about finishing these Corsairs. Its really exciting to be finally playing PROPER Corsairs in my army.

I think these guys are gonna go a long way towards solving the Conscript issue for me. These dudes, plus the Jetbikes, plus the Wave Serpents, Incubi (and Wraithguard when I need it) are a crazy deadly anti-infantry wing. Anyway they look mediocre on paper but I think they are gonna work... especially with Strength from Death! Anyway guys stay tuned and I'll be back soon! Take care and talk soon

Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1505 on: October 14, 2017, 09:33:43 PM »
Oh, my Cavalier!
Nice job, mate. They'll fit in well with the rest of your magic paint jobs. They look more imposing than they really are, so can expect them to draw a lot of fire... Be well! 

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1506 on: October 16, 2017, 08:17:46 AM »
@Saim-Dann- Thanks bud. After putting them on the tabletop they actually seem really... sort of small and inconsequential! I think part of it is the way I modeled them with their wings more "up" than "out" so I'm not sure if they will draw fire, but if they do, its all the same to me... because they'll be handing out soulbursts as these guys are moving up in a big flying wedge with the Jetbikes. Thanks though bud I appreciate it!

@Everybody Hey guys today is my birthday! And what a way to celebrate... yesterday I finished all 15 of my Corsairs. So after all these years... I finally have a proper Corasir army now. Pretty sweet!

It was a bit of a grind painting MORE Guardian torso... I must have painted well over a hundred by now, but I'm so glad they are done. I realize that the CW dex is about to drop and some of my other troops choices will probably become more viable, but man I still like these guys! They are fast as Jetbikes and have that great shuriken fire plus brace of pistols! These guys have great support capabilities... and working with my Jetbikes + Wave Serpents put out a HORRENDOUS amount of Shuriken Fire.

I'm hoping that the Serpents + Windriders + Corsairs will give me the anti-infantry fire power I need to deal with hordes and screens. I've got a great list worked out... and now just the FINAL HQ choice to round out my force is inbound from France... once thats finished I'll be ready to rock!

Anyway here are the photos!

I also did SUPER simple squad markings. No stripe, 1 stripe, 2 stripe. Just to make it visually easy for me to recognize on the tabletop. I'll probably do something more when the idea strikes me (probably something on the legs I'm imagining). But for now this'll do.

Bladestorm Wing

So this is the little shuriken host of death... as soon as got the FW Index this sprang to mind. I think it should work. I've got a game coming up in a couple of weeks, so wish me luck!

Anyway guys thats it for now. Stay tuned and talk soon!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1507 on: October 16, 2017, 10:05:21 AM »
Happy Birthday, Cavalier!
Wow, the shuriken wing looks Micky Mouse. They are going to be a hoot to wield. If Eldar trickery plays out properly, your opponent may panic fire your hornets/serpents and regret it later once these little nasties get in range.

Best of luck with your upcoming game, mate. Looking forward to the batrep. Just finished SS82's Nid/Guard Apoc game. What a hoot... Be well!

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #1508 on: October 16, 2017, 10:23:23 AM »
They look stunning as always, Cav. Those guardian torso's can feel lucky being handled by you!

And having been up against bolter spam (geez those grey knights hit harder than expected... not to mention wolf guard bikers who shoot twin bolters and storm bolters and have and have high durability and a lot of fire power.....
Anyway, knowing how much they can put on the hurt, I'm rather excited to see what your shuriken host may accomplish.

Excessive stats removed in accordance with forum rule 1 - Iris.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 10:50:10 AM by Irisado »
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1509 on: October 17, 2017, 10:52:56 AM »
Happy birthday Cav! Corsairs are looking stunning as ever :) i muat admit i'm enjoying being on flickr as I get a little preview of what's coming ;) have you submitted your stuff to the GW flickr account? I'm sure they'd love it too.

Also, hoping the CWE 'dex brings some buffs for Storm Guardians seeing as how fluffy they are for my craftworld...

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #1510 on: October 17, 2017, 02:56:00 PM »
Loving that Shuriken Wing Cav! All those Corsairs look brilliant. I wouldn't be able to play a game against you because I think I'd just be too lost staring at all the pretty to notice it carving me apart. Love it.*

Also, Happy Birthday Big Guy! Hope it was a great one!

*Although I just noticed a bit of paint on one of the bases of your infantry. Whoop whoop! Cav isn't perfect. Rejoice!!!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:57:56 PM by Looshkin »
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #1511 on: October 17, 2017, 05:35:47 PM »
Looking really good Cav! Always a treat to see such a nice cohesive force on the table. Looks great with your playmat and your terrain. Have you ever thought about going two tone in the catapults? I think the top edge of the barrel in blackish grey would look nice and break up the solid gold of the gun. I've always enjoyed seeing the two tone look, but I've yet to try it on my avengers.

Also, happy birthday!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #1512 on: October 18, 2017, 02:56:28 AM »
Happy Birthday bud! Great work too!
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1513 on: October 18, 2017, 08:12:17 AM »
@Saim-Dann- Thanks so much bud. Yeah I’m definitley going for a threat overload type deal. The new list is such that I wont really care what he targets. Having a list where you are worried about him figuring out target priority sucks. This is much different type list so hopefully it’ll work. Anyway thanks man! Glad you liked the bat-rep, I did too!

@Vonny- Thanks a lot Vonny. Yeah Storm Bolters and twin Bolters are crazy good now. This will hopefully replicate that with, with a bit more sting when I roll those 6’s. Anyway thanks a lot Vonny!

@Ynneadwraith- Thanks my man. Hahah! I know Flickr is cool! Its our secret society! lol As for submitting to GW, I thought about it… and perhaps I will. I try not to spam across to many platforms… but maybe I should! Also yes! I’d love to see Stormies get a buff… my Storm Guardians are one of my favorite units in terms of modelling and paint jobs and no sooner did I finish them… then 8th edition dropped and I just couldn’t justify running them in my elite type army. We can hope! Anyway thanks again man and I will think about submitting to GW!

@Looshkin- Thanks so much Loosh. I did have a great birthday and an awesome year so thanks! Also I know about my bases! Terrible… I always spot that after I post the pics… so frustrating! lol! Thanks as always my friend!

@Dog of War- Hey thanks DoW. Actually I have done the 2 tone gun… waaaaaay back in the day on my first Corsair Avengers and I just didn’t like the look of it. Perhaps a red bar going down would look good, because I thiiiink (gotta check) I’ve started doing that on my shuriken cannons on my Wave Serpents when I had to re-equip them. Good suggestion! I’ll definitley think on it. Also thanks about my birthday my man. Always appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

@Dread- Thanks so much Dread. Hope everything is going good at the tattoo shop! Keep rocking brother.

@Everybody- Well guys I was cranking through a bit of armor for my World Eates when my Eldar order arrived from France. So I have to hit the breaks on that! I was hoping to finish and share today… but I’ve got a fun game lined up next weekend and I dont want to proxy again for this particular HQ choice. So stay tuned for that! Should be cool! So thanks for all the birthday well wishes. Really means a lot. You guys are the best! Talk soon!

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #1514 on: October 18, 2017, 09:30:04 AM »
Happy belated birthday Cav!
Glad you had a good one.
Those Corsairs look awesome, your colour scheme really does suit those models so well and you've done such a good job making the unit look so dynamic. I look forward to a battle report with them!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1515 on: October 18, 2017, 09:45:21 AM »
@Auric's Pride- Thanks so much bro. I can't wait too... I think these guys are gonna do work... But only time will tell! Appreciate the kind words on the scheme and modelling my friend. Always love your feedback... Bat-rep inbound!!! Thanks!

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1516 on: October 19, 2017, 09:58:47 AM »
Spam away Cav ;) it's your civic duty to demonstrate how cool converted eldar are to everyone and anyone you can ;)

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1517 on: October 20, 2017, 02:35:50 PM »
@Ynnead- You are funny man. I think I'll give it a shot! Thanks for your encouragement my friend.  ;D

@Everybody- Hey guys so I just finished up painting a little armor for my World Eaters! Now keeping in tune with my "bone" theme for the shooty elements I opted to paint this Chaos Predator in bone/blood theme. Hope you dig it!

So I'm pretty happy with how this thing came out. Again the photos are crap... the weathering on the red is all but invisible which is super frustrating, but trust me it is there!

I'm actually going to get a 2nd Predator as well to round out the anti-tank... so that'll be 2x Predator Annihilators, 5x Combi-Melta, Chainfist Termies, and there are dakka options on the Storm Eagle as well (possible multi-melta + lascannon upgrades). But the melee power should spill into the AT department as well. So really stoked for this. Let me know what you think!

Also I finished up some of the options for my Wave Serpents... got EML's, Shuriken Cannons and Scatter Lasers ready to rock. Real happy I got that done... hoping those EML's will be a bit cheaper, but I love them in PL games.

Alright thats it for now guys. Stay tuned cause there's some really cool stuff inbound!

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1518 on: October 20, 2017, 07:03:15 PM »
More... more bone than red? I...I...I don't under... understand...What's go...going on? Am s...s...so con... confused.

Looking good, Cavalier. What happened, mate? Did you run out of Khorne or something?   

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1519 on: October 21, 2017, 05:25:47 AM »
Aww hell yeah that grimy bone colour on the Predator is absolutely perfect :) what was the technique?

Love the muddied weathering around the tracks and the bottom edge of the plow. You've got a real knack for knowing where weathering would realistically take place :)