News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: [2000] Please critique this swarm list  (Read 1102 times)

Offline bebe

• In Canada no one hears you scream
[2000] Please critique this swarm list
« on: April 6, 2012, 10:51:21 PM »

So here is the list I've been using lately. Critique it and maybe add it to the thread of Nid lists?  I started playing my Nids again after a long hiatus. I just sold my Necrons and kept my nids and BA = they suit my play style.

==Hormacidal Tendencies==

== HQ ==
Swarmlord - 280
2x Tyrant Guard, Lash Whips - 130

== Elites ==
Doom of Malan'tai, Pod, Barbed Strangler - 145
Ymgarl Stealers (7) - 161

== Troops ==
4x Hormagant (18) - Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands - 720
Ripper Swarm Brood (5), Tunnel Swarm - 60

== Heavy Support ==
Old One Eye - 260
Trygon Prime - 240

==2000==

So:

Models - 91
MCs - 4 - pod is an MC
KPs - 12

This is really a swarm list with tricks. Seventy-two poisoned guants can be quite daunting on the table top. The trick is to pop a few transports and then let the dogs loose. The problkem is the list can be slow. However, you really can shorten the table by filling it with models. The Swarmlord is generally central flanked by OOE and the Trygon. Hopefully I'll have decent cover turn one and lose a few gaunts - not really a big deal. My rippers will go after devs, long fangs, heavy weapon squads etc. and my Doom will drop anywhere there are troops out of transports. Orks, Tau, IG, some SM, bikes, terminators, etc., are viable targets. I will try and make sure only squad has LoS on him. Doom and rippers although maligned still perform well in the right list. The Ymgarls will go after transports. Hopefully I'll tie up a couple of squads and run my MCs down table fast enough to cause some havoc.

The biggest threats are 12 transport lists, all mech lists, DE all skimmer lists and the like. Of course you will face some. They are not auto-loss but they are certainly tough for Nids. Point is, I've found those lists tough regardless of the build I use. I've tried Null Deployment, Flying Circus, MC lists, etc. All have their nemesis. Nids do not have a recognized list to beat. Nine HG, two T-Fexes and five Tervigons lose plenty of match ups too. This being the case I like to fall back on the tried and true Nid strengths - lots of models bearing down for cc. I just don't see Nids as the toughest shooting army - although we have some options. I prefer to suicide down the table!
Big man, Pig man, Ha ha, charade you are

You well heeled big wheel, Ha ha, charade you are