News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: flying circus list 2k  (Read 1073 times)

Offline BoyWonder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
flying circus list 2k
« on: April 6, 2012, 04:01:03 PM »
1 hive tyrant w/barbed strangler/bonesword and lash whip/wings/old adversary/leech essence/paroxsym/
3x15 hormagaunts w/adrenal glands/toxin sacs/
9 genestealers w/broodlord/
3x2 hive guard
5 raveners w/rendering talons/
2x5 shrikes w/deathspitters/barbed strangler/
1 trygon w/adrenal glands/

I think this list will be highly effective and responsive to most lists. Plz let me know your input.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2012, 04:18:09 PM by BoyWonder »

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
Re: flying circus list 2k
« Reply #1 on: April 8, 2012, 10:45:05 PM »
There is potential in this list, just needs a few tweaks.

The Raveners are quite out of place.  If you want to keep the shrikes, then I highly suggest you drop the Raveners and take a screening unit of Gargoyles for your Shrikes.  Check out the tactica in regards to that.  You should also consider making one of the Shrike squads CC oriented.

Consider condensing your Hive Guard to be two squads of three instead to decrease potential KPs' for your opponent as HG are targeted as high priority.  Hive Guard treat their owners in two different ways, they either suck for you or are awesome.  For me, I am plagued with the sucky side of them, so the more amount of shots the better the outcome.

You can do without the Broodlord, I do, quite frequently.

I will say that 15 Hormagaunts in a single squad is quite low.  T.Sacs are practically mandatory, but if you are facing QEq. armies, then A.Glands has little to no benefit.  If going up againts MEq armies, then both biomorphs are good.  I think you can drop biomorphs on a smaller squad and use them to screen another unit of Hormagaunts provide cover saves, but then again, Hormagaunts are designed to speed through cover without hindrance.

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)