News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar w/ DE ally 1500pts  (Read 722 times)

Offline Natinator

• Eldrad - my hero!
Eldar w/ DE ally 1500pts
« on: July 11, 2012, 06:11:52 AM »
Ok, so first crack at a list for 6th... Am seriously considering purchasing some DE (namely what is in my list) and maybe even some Tau with the new ally rules...
Havn't read the whole book right through, but have gotten the gist of most of it, and have not played a game of 6th, but watched/read a few batreps.

Without further ado, the 1500pt list:

Primary Detachment - 1053

HQ
Eldrad - 210

Troops
Guardians - x10 plus warlock (embolden/scatter laser) - 125
Wraithguard - x10 plus warlock (conceal) - 390

Elite
Fire Dragons - x6 (Exarch w/ Firepike, Crackshot, Tankhunters) - 136
Striking Scorpions - x10 (Exarch w/ Biting Blade, Claw) - 192

Allied Detachment - 593pts

HQ
Archon - Power Weapon, Ghostplate Armour, Haywire Grenades, Webway Portal - 125

Troops
Kabalite Warriors - x5 (blaster) - 60

Elite
Incubi - x9 (Klaivex w/ demiklaives, bloodstone, murderous assault, onslaught) - 273
Dedicated Transport: Raider - Flickerfield, Night Shield - 70

Fast Attack
Venom - Nightshield - 65

Before I hear any complaints, I realise it is 150-odd points over the limit, which is part of the reason I need help... need to cut out some fat. Have some ideas for this, take off scorpion's claw, a few less incubi, take off warlock for guardians, a plainer Archon, a few less scorpions, guardians get shuricannon instead of scatter... etc

Now to explaining the list/tactics...

Alot of this centres on the Archon's webway portal, and since I have never really used reserves before, my tactics may be a little off.

First of all, Eldrad... I know he is expensive, but I plan on swapping his powers out... Here is a list of what I would like to get/can use:
Divination
Scrier's Gaze - since alot of my army is reserved, this is helpful
Precognition - Not so good, but can turn Eldrad into a real beast
Misfortune - obvious reasons, but mostly help out the attack
Forewarning - again, obvious reasons
Prescience - again, obvious reasons

Telepathy
Hallucination - can cause some havoc, buy my reserves some time
Invisibilty - Obvious reasons, but can make the wraithguard near indestructable, and Incubi MORE beast in combat
Terrify - useful for throwing a spanner into my opponent's works
Puppet Master - same as above
Dominate - same as above
Psychic Shriek - just awesome  8)

Bold is what I really would want. All about buffing my units, turning my monstrous units (wraithguard, incubi) into REAL monsters...

Incubi are essentially headhunters... riding in the Raider with the Archon, their job is to keep him alive to let off the webway portal right near the enemy, and then go on a killing spree. Go after heavier stuff - smaller squads of termies, etc, and try and get sergeants/ICs into challenges with the Klaivex - Preferred Enemy + Onslaught + psychic buffs = dead ICs in challenges...

So venom starts out with just Eldrad, Raider with Incubi/Archon. Rush forward hugging cover, unload incubi/archon and let loose webway. Eldrad casting away. Wraithguard through the portal first, then dragons, scorpions, guardians and kabalites. Everyone goes after their preferred enemy (dragons go after big stuff, etc).

Sorry for the terrible layout, I tend to ramble as I get ideas popping into my head.
Who is EPIC? Eldrad, that's who!