News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Cheap Harlies  (Read 813 times)

Offline Zphindar

• All hail the D-Cannons!
Cheap Harlies
« on: September 10, 2003, 08:36:37 AM »
Hi, I'm planning on starting a Harlie army to play something challenging and to use as allies with my Biel-Tan army. I am playtesting this weekend with guardian proxies (I have 18 and I never find the chance to use them).

So basically I'm getting a new battleforce for christmas and I'm planning on converting the 20 guardians and 3 jetbikes into harlies. Would any of you have any tips for doing so?
You can't scare me, I have Children!

Offline Wofen

• The lone Wolf
Re:Cheap Harlies
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2003, 08:55:12 AM »
COLOR =  GOOD

I have seen normally Eldar models used, with a cool paint jog, and they look so Hali, so color = good. Also, rememebr that everyone looks at every single modle you put down as there is so little of them, so each has to be a art work in its own right.

Wofen
Back again after 5 years.....

Offline Von Lazuli

• What happened to my hat?!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2003, 05:29:30 AM »
I don't like using normal eldar as Harlies, they just don't look right. I used DE Warriors with some parts from the Eldar Guardian sprue and the WHFB Chaos range. The jetbikes work well with different riders though...
If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.

Offline Russnuss

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2003, 01:08:41 PM »
I think you could do it with stormies better since they already have the weapons.  Plastics aren't too hard to model with a rotary and some cement then all you need is a little green or blue stuff to model the face and put on the crazy hair (faces make the Harleys since they have the masks)!  I'm workin on some Jetbikes, but I don't have many long periods of time to do it so it will be awhile to post  :(.
Therefore, if the enemy is at ease, be able to exhaust him;

if the enemy is well fed, be able to starve him;

if the enemy is settled, be able to move him;

appear at places where he must rush to defend, and rush to places where he least expects.
                    Sun Tzu The Art of War