News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: DE list with CWE allies  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Plastikente

• Back Online!
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau
DE list with CWE allies
« on: November 9, 2013, 08:33:59 AM »
Since 6th Edition introduced the concept of allies, I am yet to write a single list containing them.  Curiosity has now finally got the better of me, so I thought I would put something together and throw it out for feedback to keep my interest until I can find an opponent to test it on  ;D

PRIMARY DETACHMENT

HQ
145 - Archon with Shadowfield, Huskblade, Venom Blade, Soul Trap, Haywire Grenades
Standard killer archon - shadowfield for survival, venom blade for tough enemies, huskblade for armoured/multi-wound, grenades for vehicles, and soul trap for fun.  Rides with the Grotesques.

ELITES
220 - 4 Grotesques, including Aberration, in a Raider with Night Shields
My scary close combat unit - will charge straight towards a juicy target and then hope to cause mayhem in the enemy lines.

TROOPS
135 - 5 Wyches with Haywire Grenades, in a Venom with extra cannon and Night Shields.
135 - 5 Wyches with Haywire Grenades, in a Venom with extra cannon and Night Shields.
Depending on the opponent, stick at long range and fill infantry with poison, or scoot in close and drop haywire on vehicles.  Small scoring units will hope to make an objective grab in the end game (if they last that long).

HEAVY
115 - Ravager with Lances and Night Shields
115 - Ravager with Lances and Night Shields
My ranged anti-vehicle option.

ALLIED DETACHMENT

HQ
70 - Spiritseer
In order to allow me to take some really tough troops - rides with the Wraithguard

TROOPS
300 - 5 Wraithguard in a Wave Serpent with Shurricannon and TL EML
260 - 10 Dire Avengers in a Wave Serpent with Shuricannon and TL Starcannons
I think that Mechdar will work better with my Dark Eldar list than something static, and I really fancied the thought of having some tough tanks to go with my usual selection of paper planes.  More scoring units is always good, and I hope that these will prove more survivable than my usual DE.

TOTAL: 1495

So, here's the plan: the 2 Serpents and the Raider are my spearhead, with the tougher CWE tanks giving my fragile Raider something to hide behind until it has delivered its cargo.  I anticipate all the Eldar disembarking the same turn as the Grotesques jump out to assault, hopefully delivering a real hammer blow to a section of my opponent's line.

Meanwhile, the Venoms and Ravagers hang back at max range taking pot-shots at whatever is appropriate.  With Night Shield they will be able to stick out of range of a lot of weapons, hopefully increasing their survivbility (also, the opponent should be somewhat concerned about the spearhead element of the force).  If necessary, the Wyches can re-role to assault a vehicle, but I am hoping that any threats can be dealt with by the Ravagers and Wraithguard, leaving the little ladies to make an endgame objective grab.

And now, I throw it open to the floor.  All thoughts and feedback are welcome.

Offline Sarenyon

Re: DE list with CWE allies
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 09:24:37 PM »
Why EML on the 1st WS? EML is about the worst weapon in the codex for its points, unless on a Reaper exarch... anyway, go with scatters or bright lances if you need the AT. It will save you a few points.

Offline Plastikente

• Back Online!
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau
Re: DE list with CWE allies
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 06:49:39 AM »
The WS weapons are just on the basis of what I put on the models when I bought them (in 2006).  My LGS isn't strict on WYSIWYG, so I'll be able to swap them with no trouble.  Hopefully I've got enough AT in the list with the Ravagers and HWG, so I will probably just swap them for Scatter Lasers.