News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: IG Codex Redo  (Read 9263 times)

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Re:IG Codex Redo
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2002, 05:57:44 PM »

Okay, you got me on the heal thing  :'(  BUT NOT the reproduce thing; WHO THE HELL IS GOING TO WANT A BABY HORSE POPPING UP IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE?!?!?!   ::)  ???  ;D

I never said during battle. I was referring to the long stretches between resupply by the Empire. A guard force can be left sitting somewhere protecting a new colony for a long time before new equipment is bought in. It makes sense to keep your most valuable equipment safe for when you really need it.

Horses can also go a lot of places bikes can't. Take a look at WW II and see the different theatres where horses and mules were required for transport.

Hence horses make some sense. I don't like them but I can see why the fluff includes them.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Delone

• I'm back
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2002, 06:02:02 PM »
Ohhh, well than....umm.... :-\  But what if a horse did have a baby horse on the battlefield!   :'(  Poor baby, would probably get slaughtered, along with the mother  :'( :'(

Offline Staatz

• Pip Boy 2000!
    • WarHam Glazed
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2002, 06:09:52 PM »
Horses are also alot less expensive then a 'battle bike'

Offline Delone

• I'm back
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2002, 06:11:41 PM »
Yes, but a Bike will last longer than a horse.  Horses could get sick, injury themselves, ANYTHING.  Bikes can get wrecked, but are usually able to be repaired.

Offline ImperialCommander

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2002, 09:43:57 PM »

Okay, hmm:

4)Horses make sounds that you can't control sometimes, like that NAAAEEHH sound ;D  For Bikes, all you gota do is add a siliencer ;)  Hahah

Never heard of a Bike silencer...(the report of a silenced pistol sounds like a baseball bat hiting an oak table...loud yes, but a hell of alot less then from an unsilenced pistol)
"The only future peace has to offer is war"

Offline Delone

• I'm back
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2002, 10:47:33 PM »
There is so Bike Siliencers!!   ::)  Just take a gun siliencer and tape it(with ducktape of coarse!) to the exhaust pipes of the bike! ;D  Nah, I'm just kidding ;) ;)  Or am I..yes I am. :D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2002, 10:47:59 PM by Delone »

Offline Stelek

• Hothead | Banned - flaming and belittling does not constitute truth
  • Rar! Fear me! ;)
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2002, 01:10:38 AM »

I'd like some clarification as to what happens if an officer or a Commisar is the "last man standing" in his squad (do they check morale every turn, or do they become IC's?  They need to clarify this for every army actually)

As far as I know, only Eldar Farseers can become ICs after their retinue is annihilated.  Everyone else gets to roll and test.

Offline lastrati

• I'm not a llama!
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2002, 09:17:41 AM »

As far as I know, only Eldar Farseers can become ICs after their retinue is annihilated.  Everyone else gets to roll and test.

So if my Commisar and Captain are the only two guys left in the command squad, and they fail a morale check, then the Commisar kills the commander.  So now, the Commisar has to make "all on his own" checks for the rest of the battle?  

I suppose I ought to double check the Commisar entry.  I think he might be fearless when on his own.  (Can you tell I don't use all that many Commisars?)

Offline Prince of the laughing god

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2002, 10:34:50 AM »
You forget one thing about horses and bikes. If your regement has been cut off from imperial supply lines for a while and you run out of food, You cant eat a bike.

Plus it would just be to cool to have 50-60 guys on horseback, It would be a recon plattoon or something.
This confusion is my illusion

Offline Grim Stalker

• Ancient
  • Honour and Duty
    • Grim Stalker's Imperial Guard
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2002, 10:57:20 AM »
i think they really do not belong among all the heavy machinery and armour in 40k...

and dont say that cyber-horses woud be the solution, because then well.. thats just plain pathetic...

grim

Offline Koonitz

• Ignorance is your greatest enemy
  • Ancient
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2002, 11:16:55 AM »
1)Horses get tired, Bikes don't
2)Horses can get killed with a shot from a Bolter
3)Horses get spooked(You don't think a Horse would run away if a Lichor was coming for it?)
4)Horses make sounds that you can't control sometimes, like that NAAAEEHH sound   For Bikes, all you gota do is add a siliencer   Hahah

1) Bikes run outta gas.
2) Bikes get destroyed with a shot from a bolter (They ARE high explosive rounds remember!)
3) That, yes.
4) Bikes make MORE sound that you can't control, like the rumbling of an engine.
5) Why do you think they still use walkers? Because sometimes, feet can go where wheels can not.
6) True, horses aren't as well armoured as a bike, hence rough riders only get a 5+ save, where as bike mounted infantry generally get better saves (Guardians for example get a 3+ save on bike).
"I like to think of this lovely place as my home. Now you wouldn't even think about upsetting me in my home, would you? Of course you wouldn't. So do what I say, when I say, and I won't get upset. I do bad things when I'm upset."
-Drill Instructor, MechWarrior 2

"It is not my responsibility to prove you are wrong. It is your responsibility to prove you are right."
-Koonitz

"The next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face."
- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2002, 11:53:52 AM »
hey, if exodites get dragons, why not imperial horses?
cmon! orks ride boars!
space wolves bring their dogs!
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Offline Delone

• I'm back
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2002, 12:52:09 PM »
There ain't no dragons in 40k!  So the Exodites ARE JUST MESSED UP.

Orks are just stupid, they'll ride a damn log if they WANT TO!

And dogs are 40kish, even though they won't do any good against a Termie, or anything...more or less.

And about that 'Bikes run outta gas' thing.  There isn't a rule about gas in 40k.  Are we talking realisticly or about the game? ???
« Last Edit: March 27, 2002, 12:53:13 PM by Delone »

Offline Koonitz

• Ignorance is your greatest enemy
  • Ancient
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2002, 01:00:34 PM »
Nor is there a rule for horses getting tired I do believe.
Everything is in 40k. Imagine it, and it can be there. There are countless worlds in the galaxy, of which any could have evolved life in any way to produce any thing (That goes for technology too.). So, if someone wants a dragon, he can have a dragon. Won't be official, but he can. And the Exodites do have a form of Dragon. More along the lines of a Cold one from Fantasy, but they do have them (And they look real real nice, and why I'm considering having an Exodite army sooner or later).
Orkses are dum, but dey gotta have dem leadaz to lead dem, so da leadaz 'r all sm'rt 'n stuph. So dey 'rn't to be runnin' around on any ol' log. 's gotta be a piece o' dat hardwood log to be good enuf for da boyz. 'ard like dere 'eads.
"I like to think of this lovely place as my home. Now you wouldn't even think about upsetting me in my home, would you? Of course you wouldn't. So do what I say, when I say, and I won't get upset. I do bad things when I'm upset."
-Drill Instructor, MechWarrior 2

"It is not my responsibility to prove you are wrong. It is your responsibility to prove you are right."
-Koonitz

"The next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face."
- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2002, 01:00:51 PM »
theres plenty of dragons in 40k! the salamanders wear their friggin skins
heck, why not dragons and horses?
we got elves, we got daemons, we got orks, we got magic (thats pretty much what psionics is in 40k), we got swords!
add in some horses why not?
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Offline Delone

• I'm back
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2002, 01:08:21 PM »
we got elves, we got daemons, we got orks, we got magic (thats pretty much what psionics is in 40k), we got swords!

And That's why we have all these 10 year old kids PLAYING WH40K.  Because they go, ooohh wow!  A dragon!!  Wow!!  Mommy!!  Can you buy me this, and this, and this, and this.  Oh, okay dear!  The parents buy them EVERY DAMN model they want.  And the kids have no clue what to do

I've seen this before.  And the mom(it's usually a mom for some reason) and the kid, go running home, all excited to make that model(s) they got!  And than they find out it sucks, and all these kids are hating it.

AND DON'T start me on how they play....they get all pissed if you kill something of theirs' and they go into a temper tauntrum when you say that's not in the rules, you can't do that.  And their parents are always there....with the kid...watching you...sticking up for the kid that doesn't know how to play.  AND WHAT THE HELL ARE you supposed to do?  You can't start fighting with the parent...so you HAVE TO let the kid get his way.

You all know that's what happens.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2002, 01:10:02 PM by Delone »

Offline Grim Stalker

• Ancient
  • Honour and Duty
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2002, 02:19:26 PM »
then DONT play against KIDS - DUH!!!

oh and i totally agree with you delone and unfortuantely kids do this with every attractive toy they see...

funny  how we were all kids before...  :P

grim

Offline Delone

• I'm back
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2002, 02:28:33 PM »
Yes, but I was never a dumbass  ::)  Unlike 4/5 of the kids that play 40k ;)  And sometimes YOU HAVE TO play against them... like on tournaments...

Offline Grim Stalker

• Ancient
  • Honour and Duty
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2002, 02:33:27 PM »
i actually played against a 10 year old once...

but he was good though and serious - his cousin was there and amphetamine parrot - made me all nervous... and I ... um... LOST...

grim

Offline Staatz

• Pip Boy 2000!
    • WarHam Glazed
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2002, 02:39:38 PM »
Never seen a kid play.. Some times they watch me paint and ask questions but never play..