News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 153855 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #960 on: January 3, 2018, 02:06:50 PM »
Allllrightythen, It is now a new year! So, for all of you who got a new toy/warband/paint set/biker gang for the holidays, let us show them off.

Post a picture or three of your new stuff and how you are going to use it to krump your enemies, see them flee before you, and hear the lamentations of their players.  ;D
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #961 on: May 29, 2019, 11:00:07 AM »
Well now, it seems that this board has been decimated by the new rules. Since there release the activity on this board has dried up to almost nothing.

So, I am posting here and wondering am I the last ork standing?

In theory, anyone subscribed to this thread should get an email about a new post, so you should be able to reply.

As for me, I have only been playing small games. Kill team and lunch hammer type games. (that is 100 to 500 points) The orks are still fun to play.

Therefore (I know a big word for an ork) I am calling out to any surviving orks out there to see if we can resurrect the waaagh.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #962 on: May 29, 2019, 11:06:19 AM »
Hey Skeet... Just kinda got out of the habit myself... I still gaze longingly at my orks and remember days when 40k made sense! :)

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #963 on: May 29, 2019, 11:20:30 AM »
I don't know if you guys have noticed, but Roboknee77 has been posting semi-regular batreps for about a year or so.

Offline Roboknee77

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Orks, Sisters
« Reply #964 on: May 29, 2019, 11:36:39 AM »
I don't know if you guys have noticed, but Roboknee77 has been posting semi-regular batreps for about a year or so.

Hey Skeeter, I'm still kicking around.  I'm playing games with my local group of Wyddr, McComas and Uncle Tungsten.  You can check out the battle reports Wyddr (Thanks for the shout out) and I post to see how my Waaagh is going.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #965 on: May 29, 2019, 12:44:59 PM »
Thanks for the quick replies. I was expecting to see crickets... Glad to see we are at 4% survival

Roboknee77; I just read some of your batreps, Good Stuff! Glad to see an active ork army still exists.

Offline Roboknee77

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #966 on: May 29, 2019, 12:57:58 PM »
Thanks Skeeter.  :)

I've mostly settled into a shooty Bad Moons army but want to grab the new Wartrike and see what I can do with a mobile army.  I've still got bikes, trukks and deffkoptas from 7th edition glory sitting around waiting to be used.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #967 on: June 5, 2019, 03:30:03 PM »
Roboknee77, if you look at your titles, you have been upgraded to an ork boy. Congrats and keep up the good work.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #968 on: June 5, 2019, 04:04:46 PM »
Awesome! Grats...

I have the entire month of July off... Maybe I'll dust off the boyz and muddle through a game at my local store...  :)

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Roboknee77

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #969 on: June 5, 2019, 05:13:44 PM »
Oy, thanks Skeeter!  ;D

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #970 on: June 20, 2019, 12:21:45 AM »
Ok, inspired by Roboknee77 I have done my first batrep in a long time. Sure it is "lunch hammer" but it is still fun.

Enjoy:    Prize Patrol

Offline Roboknee77

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #971 on: June 20, 2019, 01:17:39 AM »
Nice write up Skeeter.  You did a great job describing the action.  I really liked the little kicker at the end of the Nob picking up the Headwhoppa and calling himself Da Boss.  :)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #972 on: September 25, 2019, 04:12:23 AM »
Well there all you MIA orkses, I done did a new Batrep for your enjoyment

Orks vs Crimson Fists

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #973 on: December 18, 2019, 02:44:39 PM »
Well then all you orks, the holiday is here. (or almost here but close enough for ork shooting)

so, if you has any new stuff, make sure to post it in the modeling thread or start a new thread and include a link here, so we can all look at it and drool or laugh or be jealous or be critical.

That is all, now kick some grots and get your meks to work and get ready for a new year of orky goodness...

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #974 on: January 30, 2020, 02:23:25 PM »
Alllllrigtythen, it has been a month since this thread has seen any action. Soooo, I am wondering if all you other orks out there have been fended off by pesky umiies or pointy ears or other stuff that seems to not recognize that orks are the rulers of the 40k universe?

If so,, then I guess I will have to start a Waagh to come out and rescue you. Let me know if you are still krumping or just waiting for a new bigger warboss to show you the way of Gork and Mork.

Offline Roboknee77

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #975 on: January 31, 2020, 10:28:12 AM »
Hey Skeeter!

My boyz have been regrouping after the last thumpin' by Wyddr's Deathwatch in our campaign.  They've been licking their wounds and kickin' around some poor grots. Before the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years holiday corridor I did play two games for fun against McComas' Iron Hands. I never got around to posting the battle reports, I was feeling kind of burned out around that time.

Both were Maelstrom games.  The first one was a closer game, it went a full 5 rounds, maybe more. I took an early lead in points but McComas pulled back and in the end I had one Tractor Cannon left that was running out of the deployment zone so I could score an extra point.  It was pretty fun and funny.  Pics can be found here: Orks vs. Iron Hands Maelstrom - Album on Imgur

The second game was much more brutal.  I think this one was right after the Codex dropped.  McComas smashed my Boyz in both points and kills, tabling me in the end.  Pics can be found here: Orks vs. Iron Hands Maelstrom 2 - Album on Imgur

The past two to three months have been sparse on gaming time, it always happens around the holidays.  Things should pick up a little more now and battle should hopefully be little more regular.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #976 on: February 5, 2020, 11:29:10 AM »
Thanks for posting!!! I am happy that I am not the last ork standing. I will check out your batreps drool over the krumping you are giving the umies. 

I looked at the picts, and was glad to see orky goodness krumping away at dem umies. Keep up the good work ;-)
« Last Edit: February 5, 2020, 11:35:01 AM by SKEETERGOD »

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #977 on: March 18, 2020, 12:06:04 PM »
With the virus panic all over the place I am now not working for the next two weeks. (I am a bus driver) so my son with his IG (AM?) army and I are going to play a mega game of 40k.

I will post the batrep on the batrep forum with a link here. There is no point limit, it will be what he has and I will match him. (I have over 25k points of stuff; as counted from last codex point values)

Since this is going to be my first "full size" game since the new rules came out; any advice on what to look out for for sneaky umi tricks would be appreciated.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #978 on: March 18, 2020, 10:20:19 PM »
Not really any advice other than kill the tanks assp. Enjoy it! This virus thing is ridiculous for sure, starting to hit here, I mean the hoarding of butt wipe paper, etc. Not the actual virus. Anyhow enjoy your game with your son.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #979 on: March 19, 2020, 06:10:21 PM »
Good timing since orks just got a new release :) Expect a redonkulous amount of dice coming your way, its bad even in a 2k point game, so make sure you have a buck to roll them all  :)

40k's doesn't scale as well in 8th as it has in the passed, the sheer number of combo's you can pull off and trying to keep track of what units in what detachment and what bonuses each gets, the volume of CP... I'd suggest looking into the APOC game set instead.

or just having lots of smaller games ;)