News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Which Chapter Should I Choose?  (Read 85562 times)

Offline cosmicpixie

• I have a cunning plan my lord...
Re: Which Chapter Should I Choose?
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2009, 11:44:53 AM »
hey,I'm just starting a SM army after doing IG, I like shooty armies, which chapter should I do?

Offline Cortez

« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2009, 11:05:11 PM »
Well, it really depends what kind of shooty.

Melta/flamer heavy would be salamanders, balanced but more shooty would be ultras. Siege is Imperial Fists. Or make your own.
Quote from: arah
first thing you dont need to mob opponents as marines. YOU ARE SPACE MARINES DAMNIT MOBBING IS FOR OKRS!!!
Quote from: Starrakatt of the Chortling Chainsaw
Self proclaimed kings - that's three now: Seer Fox, Thalandir, Shloeb... Self proclaimed gods are bigger, meaner and mightier.

Offline bleach

• ultramarines
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2009, 06:27:18 PM »
Ultramarines as there the only army the emperor would give his mark of approval to as they are the only army who have kept true to what the emperor created in the first gene seeds which is an awseome all-around kick but superhuman
they arent super good at anything yet there arent super bad at anyting and they probably have the best leaders in the marine army (calgar and sicarius).

Offline Goodmead

• Newest
  • Something Something Something Dark Side
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2010, 03:16:43 PM »
Hello, I just started collecting and painting again after 10 years. I used to play Blood Angles, but a while ago sold them b/c no one i knew played. Recently I've started collecting again, painting, and building terrain.

I decided after wandering around the GW web page for 3 days, to play space wolves, b/c who doesn't love a bunch of space barbarians.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on "Grey Knights" or the Forge world exclusive chapter "Red Scorpions"?

(additional question: I found two old metal assassins that i had painted and saved, one is a vindicare, and the other is Callidus. Could I put them in my space wolves army or are they reserved for Imperial guard or some such thing?) :o

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2010, 09:27:00 AM »
What kind of opinion about Grey Knights?  They make for very small, difficult to play armies.  It's satisfying as they are among the most unique of Space Marine Chapters and the only one that plays like Space Marines should- triumphing over impossible odds.

Assassins may be taken under certain circumstances, you'll have to refer to the Witch Hunters or Daemonhunters Codexes to find out how.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline pheonix lord slinjak

• Ork Yoof
  • Farseer,daemon prince
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2010, 07:03:19 PM »
the best thing to do when you don't know which chapter to use is to create your own .i created mine when i didn't know rather to go with salamanders,raven gaurd and grey knights and i havent turned back since
"you have slain millions of innocent eldar and have waged war against the galaxy why should we show you mercy" Farseer Corru-shala

Offline Dark_Zadok

• Necrontyr Warrior
  • With Faith comes Fire
« Reply #106 on: January 3, 2011, 05:23:53 AM »
Most marine players these days are playing as: Blood Angels or Space Wolves.
That is because they have had their codex updated with new rules and models - majority of these units due to rule changes and fluff means they are cheaper point wise and more effective at what they do, then the standard "space marine codex".

some examples: Baal predator (BAs) is cheaper than a Dakka Pred. Long fangs (SWs) are cheaper than Devastators. One of these chapters allows for deepstriking Landraiders, and both of these chapters, their units come with USRs already included in their point costs: Furious Charge etc

Offline Kronoss

« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2011, 05:18:15 PM »
This thread is outdated and well is kinda pointless to have sticked if it dosnt get an update and more info at the chapters that have a codex.

Becouse the dates it were created is from 2003 and were last updated 2006. It's from 3rd Ed rulebook.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which Chapter Should I Choose?
« on: February 1, 2003, 03:05:17 PM »

« Last Edit: August 9, 2006, 12:06:54 PM by Creeping Death »
Played Warhammer 40k constantly since ?1998.

Offline Phostoukosmou

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #108 on: March 6, 2012, 01:34:10 PM »
Black Templar:
No one mentioned assault termies with lightning claws in this armie.

Emperor's Champion Vow Accept any challenge giving a bonus to hitting in combat.

Terminator Lightning claws when charging w/ furious charge

Add a Chaplain in Termie armor and you are now rerolling misses on your charge!

/drool

Just another thought.
[gmod]Removed posted stats. Always operate under the assumption that we know what you are talking about just by referencing the rule name.[/gmod]
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:32:28 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »

Offline Manit0u

• Must... Feed...
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2012, 11:13:43 AM »
No one has also mentioned that despite non-CA chapters having some nice USRs the basic ATSKNF + Combat Tactics special rules combo is one of the best in the game. It's much better than being fearless and works wonders for big and shooty squads as you can easily break from a lost round of combat (CT), regroup at the start of your own phase (ATSKNF) and shred enemy to pieces with a hail of close range fire.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2012, 04:34:28 PM »
Black Templar:
No one mentioned assault termies with lightning claws in this armie.

Emperor's Champion Vow Accept any challenge giving a bonus to hitting in combat.

Terminator Lightning claws when charging w/ furious charge

Add a Chaplain in Termie armor and you are now rerolling misses on your charge!

/drool

Just another thought.
[gmod]Removed posted stats. Always operate under the assumption that we know what you are talking about just by referencing the rule name.[/gmod]

You may wish to go check out the FAQ's and read up on what has been changed for the Templar in regards to their vows, you will be quite surprised to find out what they are capable of now.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Edmund Droitcoeur

• Roll the dice long enough and the 6 will turn up!
« Reply #111 on: October 14, 2013, 04:33:59 PM »
Firstly I realise this is kind of Threadnomancy (4 year gap) HOWEVER

Shouldn't this thread be updated now there is access to more chapters such as Imperial Fists, Iron Hands Etc.?