News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Horus Heresy Fallen Librarian  (Read 2259 times)

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
Horus Heresy Fallen Librarian
« on: February 24, 2017, 08:54:20 PM »
So I am abut to start painting a fallen librarian and have a pretty good guide on how to paint horus heresy Dark Angels but I am not sure what librarians looked like during this time. I seem to remember from the book that has the edict of nikea in it that the librarians had the blue color that we know today but I cannot remember if it was just an arm that was blue, or they were all blue except for an arm that was their original chapter colour. Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers.
Ave Dominus Nox

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
Re: Horus Heresy Fallen Librarian
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 02:35:46 AM »
I'm not the best on Heresy fluff but as far as I am aware the Librarians just used to wear their normal legion colours as they didn't really distinguish themselves from their battle brothers.
If I remember rightly the blue colour came from the Codex Astartes, when Librarians were brought back in but kept strictly regulated.
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 04:14:54 PM »
That's what I was thinking as well but i seem to remember at the council of nikea when all the librarians stand up they had blue somewhere on each of them. I am flipping through the book now trying to find it. If I can't I will just paint the fallen in the 30k dark angels colors.
Ave Dominus Nox

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 07:16:27 AM »
Never a fan of that blue color scheme... I painted my DA Librarian in all black and red. Dark Angels never follow the rules! They make them  8) 8) 8)

Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/