News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Dark Angel Librarian  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Dark Angel Librarian
« on: December 10, 2016, 12:52:32 AM »
This guy came up as a last minute addition to my army list for a tournament tomorrow.  The initial plan was for a Lvl 2 Terminator Librarian (fully painted), and a Lvl 1 Power Armoured Librarian (fully painted).  Then I made the realization that having two Lvl 2s in power armour was the same cost as having one of each!  This guy had been sitting in my case for a few years, so I figured it was a good time to crank out his paint job!  I started painted at 1600 today and finished at 2359, with a couple hours break in between.

The last picture I took was to give a better view of the face details.  This was the best angle I could get.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 12:54:53 AM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
Re: Dark Angel Librarian
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 01:31:15 AM »
That's looking awesome, especially for such a quick job!
I love it when I can just sit down and paint like that. Really feels like you are making progress when you can get a model like that done in just one evening!
Let us know how the tournament goes, good luck!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 03:56:09 AM »
I love it when I can just sit down and paint like that. Really feels like you are making progress when you can get a model like that done in just one evening!

Then it makes you wonder why you don't do it more often, whilst staring at a forlorn pile of unpainted plastic...

Great work GML! Really impressive results for such a short period of time. Good luck in the tournament!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 03:57:11 AM by Looshkin »
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 07:59:52 AM »
Great work GML. I love that model... I loved painting him when I got the DV boxed set. I like him more than that crazy awesome limited edition Chaplain that was released around the same time. Just something about that pose...

The paint on the robes really stands out. Did you go from black primer all the way to bone? Man I really love that. Used to have a buddy who REFUSED to do bone without starting out from the old Dark Flesh color and building all the way up. Did you do that here? If so kudos to you man.

Anyway the whole model looks great. Keep up all the great work, you've painted up some super nice models recently. Love it!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 08:26:43 AM »
The paint on the robes really stands out. Did you go from black primer all the way to bone? Man I really love that. Used to have a buddy who REFUSED to do bone without starting out from the old Dark Flesh color and building all the way up. Did you do that here? If so kudos to you man.

Three layers of Bleached Boned over the black primer, then 50/50 Bleached/White Scar, then straight White Scar
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...