News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: If you suddenly found yourself in the 40K universe..  (Read 11343 times)

Offline 42

• Cry havoc and let lose the dogs of war
Re: If you suddenly found yourself in the 40K universe..
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2008, 09:20:17 PM »
sorry mate diggas in gorkamorka beat you to it  :'(
How the Chimney-sweepers cry 
       Every blackning Church appalls,
       And the hapless Soldiers sigh
        Runs in blood down Palace walls

Offline ixlar

« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2008, 09:30:13 PM »
I think I would find the nearest pub, and drink myself sober just to make sure it wasn't a dream.  Then head out grab some frappin power armor, the largest bolter I could carry and find some corner of the galaxy that was fairly uninhabited.  I know I would be picked up by the inquisition.  The Eldar would cut me down long before I ever even saw them.  The Tau might be interesting to hang out with, but I think the stench of Kroot would make me seek other surroundings.  Orks, heh....I don't like being dinner.  Then there are the Necros.  Could you imagine hanging out with Arnold from T2 forever?  Makes me twitchy just thinking about it.  Then there are the Nids.  Have you hugged your salamander today?  Yeah, I think finding a unpopulated rock with O2 and some stuff I could hunt and forage for food would be very pleasant.

Offline Gornak

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2008, 09:40:44 PM »
sorry mate diggas in gorkamorka beat you to it  :'(

DOH! well there goes that plan, maybe some chaos legion will find my gibbering body and implant me into a dreadnought wreak havoc on the imperium.

Offline Janek Sunber

• Any job worth doing is worth dying for.
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2008, 03:21:31 AM »
Rubbish technology like personal laser weapons, anti-gravity technology, and interstellar travel, you mean?

Yes, rubbish technology like interstellar travel using a bible and sacred oils, lasers that can barely penetrate heavy armour, and anti gravity technology that is deemed heretical by the holy order of Terra.
Star Wars Galaxies Character: - Caffran Cloudrunner (Stormtrooper, Server: Starsider)
                                            - Friszk Fizzlebolt (Trandoshan Warsmith, Server: Starsider)

Vassal 40k Name:                   - Caffran Cloudrunner

If you roleplay, I'm more than happy to play online with you!

Offline 0verKill_235

• Greasing tank treads with xeno filth since 2005.
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2008, 03:30:21 AM »
Do what I always do in a random act of trans-time and space derailment; open a taco stand.
A really good taco stand.
Death before Dismount!

Offline Janek Sunber

« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2008, 03:36:48 AM »
Actually I think a nice spicy taco would go down well with those boring scribes and preachers. Plus you could probably become instantly rich if you serviced each and every soldier of the Imperium with a lovely big ol' taco. What a fantastic idea! I can see the money already!
Star Wars Galaxies Character: - Caffran Cloudrunner (Stormtrooper, Server: Starsider)

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2008, 03:46:30 AM »
The emperors Taco? only a true believer can stand its spicyness.
well maybe open a lapdance joint with esher females
"what are you Looking at you pathatic excuse for a man!" ;D
"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2008, 05:13:27 AM »
Rubbish technology like personal laser weapons, anti-gravity technology, and interstellar travel, you mean?

Yes, rubbish technology like interstellar travel using a bible and sacred oils, lasers that can barely penetrate heavy armour, and anti gravity technology that is deemed heretical by the holy order of Terra.

Excuse me?

Regarding the lasgun, what you're failing to remember is that it's an assault rifle, a basic infantry weapon. It's not designed to blow holes in tanks, that's what the lascannon's for. It's designed to a be a rugged, reliable piece of kit, easy to use and manufacture. It's pretty much perfect, in fact, for what it's designed for.

If anti-grav technology is heretical, why are aircars common on many Imperial worlds, not to mention Astartes Landspeeders?

I will give you prayers to the Machine Spirit, but it's hardly a massive inconvenience in any case.

Besides, name any of those that we do better now.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 05:28:37 AM by Khemri, the Laughing Man »

Offline Windswept

« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2008, 10:52:01 AM »
Id seek out a cuturally dynamic society and blend in cuz as far as i can tell, me hiding in the imperium would be rather hard to do as there doesnt seem to be many black people in the 41st millenium... ;)

Offline Benis

• 77 Shades Of Decay | Lazerous Penguin | Death to the Emperor with a Pulse!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Getkilling
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2008, 02:59:50 PM »
Go mad from the horrors of the far future and the fact that everyone I ever knew was dead! Then mimic the culture of a local Ork warband paint my skin Green and recruit like minded individuals and create the first Uumie ork warband!

The second one; remember Digganobz!

I wonder how long people with such clear knowledge of both the star child, Eldar, Ordo hereticus and the likes would actually survive in the 41st millennium. I think being silent about any actual knowledge might be a great survival trait amongst any time/dimension-travelling 40kO members...

Offline Kiefatar

• ...and Margarita Shooters!
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2008, 03:16:54 PM »
I'd find a nice little planet close to terra, start a company making a minature boardgame based on the struggles of 21st century Earth. Name it Warhammer 2.1K.

Either that or try and become a Titan Legio captain, those things look fun :).
The Flan of Victory! Delicious!

For all your Ork Needs! -
http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=861&topic=155110.0

40K Online Campaign - Despoiler Organizer
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=162397.0

Offline Fugitive

• Major, Best Painted Sentinel
  • Tuseday is soylent green day.
    • my portfolio
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2008, 08:52:19 PM »
Id seek out a cuturally dynamic society and blend in cuz as far as i can tell, me hiding in the imperium would be rather hard to do as there doesnt seem to be many black people in the 41st millenium... ;)

lol :D

In The Grim Dark Future There Is Only... a buch of white dudes.  ???

I survived the "CoC Crackdown".

Offline Irandrura

• Only mildly annoying
  • Ancient
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2008, 10:06:30 PM »
Nocturne and Glavia. There, two different planets with dark-skinned natives.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Offline *Nosferatu*

• Why Hello There
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2008, 10:08:51 PM »
I personally would take a far more realistic approach.

Find a nice farm girl, settle down, and pray the draft never comes.  :P

Offline Alexander's Son

• Mentor - Newbies feel free to ask for any help.
    • Alexander Son's web page
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2008, 10:14:17 PM »
I personally would take a far more realistic approach.

Find a nice farm girl, settle down, and pray the draft never comes.  :P

That sounds like a bullet proof plan Nosferatu!  ;)
Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

Offline Bumbles

• I supported No'Akei and all I got was this silly title
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2008, 05:42:14 AM »
I set myself up as an author, and produce such insights into the past of Terra, as "A Tale of Two Cities" with the Emperor leading the valliant defence of the nobilities against the hordes of chaos corrupted old grannies.

Or a series of murder mysteries, where the Emperor, in a guise of a kindly old Belgian extols the virtues of "the little grey cells" and solves crimes.

Part devotional literature, part devious money making exercise.
Possibly heretical.

Offline Janek Sunber

« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2008, 05:52:04 AM »

Excuse me?

Regarding the lasgun, what you're failing to remember is that it's an assault rifle, a basic infantry weapon. It's not designed to blow holes in tanks, that's what the lascannon's for. It's designed to a be a rugged, reliable piece of kit, easy to use and manufacture. It's pretty much perfect, in fact, for what it's designed for.

If anti-grav technology is heretical, why are aircars common on many Imperial worlds, not to mention Astartes Landspeeders?

I will give you prayers to the Machine Spirit, but it's hardly a massive inconvenience in any case.

Besides, name any of those that we do better now.

Ok, sorry... you win. But I swear they said that speederbike hover technology was heretical or summat...

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2008, 09:18:17 AM »
i would write inspiring novels to show the masses good always beats evil, no matter how impossible.Then i'd be invited to social dinners and have a conversation like:"....Yes, I'm glad you liked my latest, Lord of the Rings and did you enjoy Othello and my other plays?......Indeed, I intend to make a series of new films, like my current WIP: Dirty Harry...." :P ;) :D 8).

Then I will become head of the Machine cult of Mars because i am the only man in the galaxy who understands how plugs and electricity works. Then under my supervision i will build the most powerful army in history(Robo-Ninjas with Guns for eyes, ears, hands, feet, noses and hair), build a time travel device, go back in time and begin my conquest of the galaxy in 2009.

Then at the climax of my power, i will kill George Lucas for ruining star wars :D :D.

Offline Siegfried

« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2008, 12:02:20 PM »
There would be many possibilities.

Odds are, I'd try to land an accounting sort of desk job or something like that and try to live a peaceful life but odds are (Murphy's law) wherever I would end up would eventually be attacked by an Ork Waghhh!, Tyranid Fleet, Chaos Raid, etc. Any sort of nasty outcome.

However, I remember reading fluffwise that the Inquisition hasn't been able to crack the Adeptus' language. (Binary) So potentially I could explain binary to them in exchange for some fancy things :3 (Goodies and such).

Not to mention all the fluff and information from all of my Black Library novels and other things, haha. I have a feeling I'd end up getting a Bold round through the head though for "heretical" knowlege.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 12:23:50 PM by Siegfried »

Offline ixlar

« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2008, 12:43:02 PM »
Then at the climax of my power, i will kill George Lucas for ruining star wars :D :D.

While your at it.  Please kill the designers, artists, and voice actor that worked on Jar Jar Binks.  If I could I would machete that memory out of my brain.