News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000 Point (almost) Pure Grey Knight TAC List  (Read 2847 times)

Offline Antaeus

• Learn-Japanese.ca
    • Learn-Japanese.ca
  • Armies: Necrons
2000 Point (almost) Pure Grey Knight TAC List
« on: November 12, 2013, 03:40:01 AM »
Hey guys! I've been working on a Grey Knight army lately. It's not a perfectly 'pure' list, because of Coteaz and a couple of Inquisitorial Henchmen to hold the rear objective, but pretty close. Here's the list I've got in mind, then ideas of how I plan to use it

Fortifications, H.Q. & Elites:
- Aegis line with comms relay
- Coteaz
- 2x Jokaero Weaponsmiths (2x Lascannons)
- 4x Warrior Acolytes with boltguns

Troops:
- 5 Terminators with a psycannon, a daemon hammer and 3 halberds (embarked in a Stormraven Gunship)
- 10 Grey Knights with 2 psycannons, 1 daemon hammer, psybolt ammo and a rhino

Fast Attack:
- 2 Stormraven Gunships (one of them carrying the Terminators)

Heavy Support:
- 1 Nemesis Dreadknight with Incinerator & Personal teleporter

Total: 2000 points

The idea: Grey Knight Strike Squads are good, but die like all other MEQ. My idea is that if I bring them in large enough number (30, minimum), then there should be some left to score one objective at the end of the game -- this would be the mid-field objective, as I'd charge them with dealing with the center of the board. Given their tactical adaptability and large numbers, I feel that this list would do well in a TAC army.

How I plan on using the list: the Rhinos and Dreadknight move up-field (Dreadknight in the middle), taking care of mass hordes and MEQ. The Dreadknight moves into my opponent's lines, but is not expected to survive; he's a kamikaze unit meant for two things: (1) squashing MEQ and hordes and (2) attracting firepower, while moving to engage in CC. Coteaz and his boys hold the rear objective, firing lascannons into enemy vehicles. Using the comms relay, the Stormravens also arrive after my opponent's flyers, taking out as many as possible upon arrival. If my opponent doesn't have flyers, I can just arrive extra early! In addition to this, the Stormravens provide air-to-ground support with their lascannons and multi-meltas -- they're primarily tasked with tank-hunting.

The Terminators arrive late in the game (around turn 4 or 5) to nuke an objective and take it as their own, by assaulting off the ramp of their transport. For the PAGKs on the ground, any survivors of the battle take the middle objective (I figure at least 1/30 should survive). In addition, by taking the mid-field, my opponent will be discouraged from deep-striking near my Grey Knights, due to Warp Quake; they also work as area-denial units. A daemon hammer in every squad is useful for AV14 and basically just squishing things; I had 30 points left over that I didn't know what else to do with, so let me know if you can think of a better use of those points.

Finally, I'm considering removing the psybolt ammo from the 3 squads of Grey Knights, as well as two Warrior Acolytes, so I can get two more Jokaero Weaponsmiths to use as lascannons, giving me four "lascannons" until my Stormravens arrive (given their BS, that means an average of 2 hits per turn rather than 1).

Thoughts? Constructive criticism? Comments?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:51:22 AM by Antaeus »
I taught myself Japanese in 2 months. I have a free ebook and website that can help you do the same: Learn-Japanese.ca :)