News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 330724 times)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + Campaign Projects
« Reply #780 on: June 19, 2016, 12:21:40 PM »
@Irisado- Sadly yes... it came to an end. Yet I am going to add a second squad to the mix ASAP and they should be back with a vengeance.... Furthermore my current squad is going on campaign yet again against the forces of Chaos and Necrons so stay-tuned to track their progress. I'm anticipating more glory before the arrival of their sister squad!

@Everybody- Quicky update guys! Been super busy but still hobbying away. I've got a new campaign in the works and it should be very good one! So stay tuned for that. However I just recently finished my Canoptek Wraith squad and I'm very happy with how they turned out.

These pics aren't the best but they give you an idea of how they came out. Anyway hope you guys enjoy.... Also our table is almost finished! Going out to the hardware store in mere moments to get the last of the wood, hinges knobs etc. Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 02:48:16 PM by Cavalier »
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #781 on: June 19, 2016, 04:54:36 PM »
nice work!

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #782 on: June 19, 2016, 05:26:26 PM »
must... not... start... necrons...
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #783 on: June 19, 2016, 11:18:29 PM »
I need to finish myour crons. It's the army I had completely painted once upon a time then I added to it and painting got away from me. Yours look great as always.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #784 on: June 20, 2016, 05:35:23 PM »
@Magenb- Thanks buddy! :)

@Vonny- Do it! They are fun and easy to paint. Plus they look great up against Eldar. The closer the army is to being fielded the more I'm envisioning just how cool they'll look clashing with my Eldar, Dark Angels and my brother's IG. Do it! I'd love to see how you'd paint them :)

@Dread- Thanks buddy. I didn't know you had Necrons, I'd love to see how you painted them. Had to keep mine simple do to being tight on time, and wanting to have a sort of classic "codex" style paint scheme considering the sort of unique kitbash/pre-heresy deal with my Eldar and DA. Anyway thanks bud show some pics if you get a chance! :)

Anyway guys, I'm gonna have some AWESOME updates soon. A big campaign is about to unfurl Eldar and Imperium vs. Necrons and Chaos. I wrote the campaign and will be sharing the background and missions with you all when I get closer to launch day. Also gonna close it out with a massive Apocalypse game whose mission parameters, deployment etc will be influenced by the each win/loss in the campaign. Can't wait!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #785 on: June 21, 2016, 12:38:54 AM »
I call mine my chess set army.mainly 3 colors and quick.

"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #786 on: June 22, 2016, 07:08:08 AM »
Very cool, Dread. Thats a classic collection you got there. I really want to add a Monolith to my list. I know they are kind of a waste, but man I really want one. My brother is against it and wants to go super hardcore but we'll see. Anyway great stuff man thanks for sharing :)

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
« Reply #787 on: June 22, 2016, 06:24:10 PM »
I would do it, if my nids hadn't been looking so neglected as of late. Or my lamenters for that matter

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #788 on: June 24, 2016, 01:17:59 PM »
Hey gang, so I'm back with another Dark Angels update! Its been awhile since I've been able to give any love to this fledgling force, but I've been dying to! I've been so dang busy with comissions that its been very hard to get any time to work on these guys, but its all good because by the time I'm able to work more regularly on them, I'll have a bit more money saved up to bump up the force into fighting shape.

Anyway, so I've finished (except for squad markings I need transfers!) my first tactical squad! Not a huge accomplishment but definitely a symbolic one, for the mighty sons of the 1st Legion!

Man I can't wait to unveil the overall army, but you guys will see it as it develops. I've got upwards of 2250pts all planned out. But the core will be 3x10 Tactical Marines, the first of which will Virtus Squad of the 3rd Company. 

Anyways guys enjoy and stay tuned because the campaign will be starting on the 9th of July with a tons of updates to come. Thanks for stopping by, your comments are always appreciated and I'll talk to you all soon!

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #789 on: June 24, 2016, 02:29:04 PM »
Wow, they look absolutely awesome!
As usual the painting is so clean, they look great.
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
« Reply #790 on: June 25, 2016, 04:16:43 AM »
very neat painting indeed. I like the choice of orange for plasma as it keeps all of the force's spot colors in the same register. I also like the amount of stuff you put on them, like that they all have a close combat weapon, but none of them seem overburdened

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #791 on: June 25, 2016, 07:49:11 AM »
@Auric- Thanks bud. Glad you like them... been really fun painting them. I should have mentioned that I want to weather them actually... I've done a little battle damage but am thinking about getting into weathering powders. If I pickup any neat tips I'll let you know as both our Marines are rocking black  8)

@Vonny- Hey Vonny thanks! Glad you dig the orange plasma... I couldn't get it to show up as orange in my previous photos but I had success this time round. The Dark Angels seem to have a lot of plasma so I wanted to infer they have a different type of plasma tech. from the other Marines. Plus like you pointed out I wanted to keep the spot colors within the same range (Red for the heraldry, orange for special weapons, yellow for the eyes). Thanks so much for noticing! Also yes I am very happy on the modeling end too... the swords which come in the Betrayal at Calth set and the Dark Angels veteran upgrades (the holstered bolt pistols, with all the scrolls and bits and bobs) didn't busy-up the model too much. Just enough to create little points of interest and give them that "Dark Angels Vibe". Anyway thanks so much Vonny glad you like them. Hope you get round to your Lamenters sometime soon, if you do please share!

Anyway thanks guys I'll be sure to keep you all posted as a lot of games, modeling and completion of the new 40k table are close at hand!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #792 on: July 1, 2016, 09:48:06 AM »
Hey guys so I've been very busy hobbying lately. Got my 2nd unit of Dark Angels all modeled up and actually primed them after taking these photos. Really like how they came out and think they'll look really nice arriving via Drop Pod!

Also included is Chief Librarian Ezekiel. I've had this guy for a LONG time and will be painting him up. I've got Azrael too and while I wont be using them that much they will be a part of the collection.

Anyway just a baby update wanting to chronicle the army progress for posterity's sake. So anyway guys hope you enjoy and stay tuned because the campaign starts next week!

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
« Reply #793 on: July 1, 2016, 06:34:45 PM »
I like your posing! They look pretty badass and battle ready.

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #794 on: July 2, 2016, 07:03:41 AM »
As Vonny said, I love the posing of those guys. The plastic Heresy models do seem to lend themselves well to battle ready poses!
Also love the little additions of the Dark Angel 40k bits, little bits like that can really help to tie the army together.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #795 on: July 2, 2016, 07:17:04 AM »
@Vonny- Thanks Vonny! I was worried that they didn't look particularly cool for awhile there, but thanks to nice compliments from you, Auric and some of the StrikingScorpion82 guys on FB my confidence has been boosted. For me I struggle with trying to make a squad standout and still feel cohesive. Some of my early Corsair Avenger squads aren't the most cohesive, but individually each model looks really cool. Anyway Vonny glad you like them... I want them to feel menacing, as these are my drop-pod guys. Anway thanks!

@Auric- Hey buddy thanks so much. Battle ready poses! Yes thats what I was going for, especially since they are my drop-pod units as mentioned. Glad you liked the extra DA bits as well. Man their are some REALLY cool Dark Angels bits out there... working on the Black Knights for a comission at the moment and I've GOT to get some of those bits for the bike conversions I've got planned. Anyway bud thanks I appreciate it. BTW have you noticed our forces are eerily similar? Blue Corsairs/Red Corsairs Ravenguard/Dark Angels in their black armor? Great minds think alike!  8)

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #796 on: July 2, 2016, 10:07:57 AM »
Definitely great minds think alike! I've got a little way to go to catch up with your painting abilities though!
I think I have some of the Dark Angels spares still in my bits box from previous projects if you are ever looking for anything?

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #797 on: July 4, 2016, 07:20:26 AM »
Hey thanks Auric, sadly the colors for my tactical arrows don't match the transfers!  >:( My pre-heresy colors demand white arrows so they must be hand painted.... but its all good I actually like doing the heraldry by hand. I've already learned how to do the numbers by hand and they look nice. Anyway thanks buddy I do appreciate it!

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
« Reply #798 on: July 4, 2016, 07:41:12 AM »
I've already learned how to do the numbers by hand and they look nice.

Pics or it didn't happen!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #799 on: July 5, 2016, 01:59:17 PM »
@Everybody- IT IS DONE! The ultimate tall man's gaming table. I'm 6'4" and my brother is 6'6" so this thing is a god send! My brother is the principal architect behind this beast and it took him about 6 weekends to complete it. I helped out a little but really it was my brother who created this beauty.

Man after years of careful staging we got the house to a place where we could setup this fledgling game room. We've got some artwork, posters, signage etc. on the way to complete it but the most important piece is finished. It'll double nicely as a bar too!

There is my brother! The principal architect of Legendario Station as we're calling our new table :)

Man look at that storage space. You could fit a titan in there very easily.

Beautiful natural lighting. Couldn't be happier!

Here's the room itself. Bare bones at the moment but it will get there. Got some awesome stuff on the way :) Notice the big light? Bat-rep city here we come.

Anyway guys so happy this is done. Me and my brother have been working our tails off to get the table, setup the house for the gaming room, paint the armies, build the terrain etc. Its been a lot of work but the payoff is gonna be huge! Anyway hope you enjoy the pics. Let me know what you think!

@Vonny- You wanted pics? Well here ya go!  8) Really happy with how it's come out. Hopefully I get better with time. It sure is fun doing it though!

@EverybodyAlright so thats all I got for now guys. But stay tuned there's a lot more to come soon! The campaign begins this saturday so expect a big bat-rep! See you then