News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 3 List's For escalation League  (Read 441 times)

Offline Joshiantor 98

• Ork Boy
  • Gir now also dances better than you!
3 List's For escalation League
« on: December 18, 2008, 08:51:15 AM »
 Well basically my gaming group have become bored of just playing randomly. We have finally decided to run our own tournament. Out of the five regular players there's me: Orks.

Two marine players: First who plays an landraider in every single list he makes and the other one who always just takes as many tac squads he can.
 An eldar player: Farseer on a bike with some other guys and wraithlord's. Finally another ork player who plays horde with as many boys as he possibly can. The rules being at 500 1 HQ and 1 Troop Choice 750 1 Hq 2 Troop choices and same at 1,000.

We're going to do an round robin table style of game where everyone plays everyone at each level with 3 Points for a win 1 Point for a draw and no points for a loss. So rate my lists any help would not be taken personally so go ahead

500 Points

HQ --- 85 Points

KFF Mek

Troops --- 215

20 Shootas

3 Big Shootas

20 Sluggas

2 Rokkit Launchas

Fast Attack --- 160

5 Warbikers

Nob w/pk

Heavy Support 40

Killa Kan

Skorchas

This overly seems to be pretty effective as I am not outsped by the other peoples bikes as mine can catch them. The kff keeps the boys witha bit of survivability and the killa kan is not always easy to kill at this level as hes also helped out by the KFF.

750 Point's

HQ --- 180

Kff Mek

Warboss

Pk
 Cybork Bodies

Elites --- 150

10 Loota's

Troop's --- 430

30 Sluggas

1 Nob w/pk
 2 Rokkit Launchas

30 Shootas

1 Big Shoota

The basic idea is to run the boys up using the slugga's to assault any eilte squads while the shootas gund down troop's. The loota's are there to gun low armour value vehicle's and high toughness troops like the wraithlord's. The war boss will be run with the sluggas and the kff mek with the shoota's.

Finally

1500 Point's

HQ --- 180 Points

Kff Mek

Warboss

--- Pk
 --- Cybork Bodies

Elites --- 300

10 Loota's

10 Loota's

Troop's --- 750

30 Sluggas

--- 1 Nob w/pk
 --- 2 Rokkit Launchas

30 Shootas

--- 1 Big Shoota

30 Sluggas

--- Nob w/pk

Deff Dread 105

--- 2 Skorchas
 --- Grot Riggers
 --- Extra Armour
 Heavy Support 270

3 Killa Kans

--- 3 Skorchas

3 Killa Kans

--- 3 Rokkitt Launcha's

The basic idea is to swamp the enemy with number's but also to keep the loota's to contest any home objectives.

So yeah go ahead.

Offline JamesDiGriz

• Ork Boy
  • What happens if they build a better rat?
Re: 3 List's For escalation League
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 04:45:30 PM »
Your 500 pt list can only have 2 big shootas in the 20 man squad.
 Personally at low levels your list looks a little low on the MEq.
At 500 points:

Drop the Rockets and Big shootas in order to pick up a PK nob.
I like the Kan but I am unsure if the points would be spent better else where (heavy weapons for the boyz or the like). Or looking at your later lists drop the bikers and take more boys/Kanz.

At 750:
No big changes here. I personally would try to give more Big Shootas to the Shootas. At 2 for the Price of one rocket I would steal the points from there.

At 1500:
Same comments as above. besides that go forth and stomp.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 05:25:22 PM by JamesDiGriz »