News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Killersquid's Projects  (Read 73987 times)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Killersquids Age of Sigmar and Emperor's Children
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2016, 07:43:07 AM »
Dear lord those Chaos Marines are fantastic! The colors, the basing, the execution wow I'm really impressed. Super impressed with the game you had too. Space Wolves are no easy task, especially with Thunderwolves, Wulfen and that weird counter-attack! Well played KS.

Really enjoy your bat-reps, and I'm very intrigued with your 30k army. Keep us posted!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2016, 11:28:13 AM »
Such beautiful and intricate painting on your Chaos Marines Killersquid.  They look great :).

Thanks for all the photos and battle reports.  Age of Sigmar is still quite difficult for me to get excited about, owing to the changes in the lore, but I'm glad that you're having enjoyable games.  Your reports show that some of scenarios look rather good fun to play.  As for the battle against the Space Wolves, you did well to earn a draw.  They are so very difficult to defeat (they were the bane of my life in second edition) and Thunderwolf cavalry are a pain.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #122 on: May 8, 2016, 04:19:30 PM »
Been doing some more work on my Chaos Army.

Still lots to do, but i'm really enjoying the way the force is turning out!
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
« Reply #123 on: May 8, 2016, 05:02:00 PM »
They look superb Killersquid :).  The neatness of the finish combined the with contrasting colours give them a very dark feel, just right for Emperor's Children.  I think that they have turned out very well indeed.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #124 on: May 8, 2016, 06:32:22 PM »
Thank you :)I wanted to keep the scheme dark, but still have some colour too it. The betrayal at Calth models are wonderful to paint.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #125 on: May 8, 2016, 07:05:04 PM »
They're so cool!   8)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #126 on: May 8, 2016, 09:42:06 PM »
Most excellent work. They look very imposing, nice high lights.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #127 on: May 8, 2016, 10:28:53 PM »
Looks awesome! I really like the colour scheme you chose and those old-school obliterators look mint.

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #128 on: May 9, 2016, 03:49:50 AM »
Wow, they look superb!
I like the use of the old colour scheme too rather than the bright pink that people seem to want to use!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #129 on: May 9, 2016, 06:44:41 AM »
Damn, KS this army looks unreal! I am absolutley loving what you've done here. So dang colorful, but super cohesive and understated at the same time. Even the color of the bases adds something to the mix but like I said, remaining super cohesive.

The Cataphracti Terminators looks fantastic as well, they look really menacing due to the way you balanced the colors, favoring black over the purple.

Overall just superb work man. I'd LOVE to have my Dark Angels throw down against these guys. Wow, great stuff KS, can't wait for more!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

• Ancient
« Reply #130 on: May 9, 2016, 07:14:35 PM »
They're so cool!   8)

Thanks!

Most excellent work. They look very imposing, nice high lights.

Thank you. Yeah, I'm a bit fan of bright highlights ha ha.

Looks awesome! I really like the colour scheme you chose and those old-school obliterators look mint.
]

Thank you! I have a love/hate relationship with the old obliterators. I love the way they look, but I hate painting them.

Wow, they look superb!
I like the use of the old colour scheme too rather than the bright pink that people seem to want to use!

Thanks! Yeah, I wanted to include purples and such, but not be super cartoony. No way I'm painting them pink either. lol.

Damn, KS this army looks unreal! I am absolutley loving what you've done here. So dang colorful, but super cohesive and understated at the same time. Even the color of the bases adds something to the mix but like I said, remaining super cohesive.

The Cataphracti Terminators looks fantastic as well, they look really menacing due to the way you balanced the colors, favoring black over the purple.

Overall just superb work man. I'd LOVE to have my Dark Angels throw down against these guys. Wow, great stuff KS, can't wait for more!

Thanks man, much appreciated. I do plan to highlight the bases a bit eventually, But I like the Martian look to them. All the Calth models are great to paint, the terminators too, I bet you're experiencing the same with your Dark Angels. If we are ever in the same place, I'd love to get a game in, that'd be sick!

I want to buy more, but I'm in the process of maybe changing jobs/moving, so I am trying to save as much money as I can.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2016, 03:20:50 PM »
Finished my 1500pt chaos army for 40k. Here it is, excluding four rhinos.

I am super pleased with the Noise Marines. Looking forward to playing with them at a tournament on the 28th. Played against Dark Angels last night (ravenwing with a lot of deathwing) and wiped him out with weight of fire. Good fun. Don't expect to do super well, but I have the tools to deal with a lot of things, so at least I have options. Only thing I'll really struggle with is fliers I think.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2016, 03:47:53 PM »
That's a fantastic army Killersquid :).  They look impressively old school and very imposing.  Even if the army won't be easy to win with against some opposition, it will definitely be fun to play.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2016, 04:22:15 PM »
Spot on, love the colors and basing.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2016, 07:08:39 AM »
Excellent stuff KS. Really nice modern take on the Emperor's Children. Like I said before the color balance is just perfect, as are the paint jobs and the basing. Great stuff man, definitely a force to be very proud of. Looking forward to some more bat-reps!

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2016, 08:27:15 AM »
Love your colour choices! I especially like how you painted the heads. They have the perfect amount of gore added without going overboard and looking like the undead.

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2016, 11:41:59 AM »
These are absolutely excellent Killersquid!  I love the paint scheme, the base work, everything! :)

• Ancient
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2016, 01:55:28 PM »
Thanks everyone, I had a lot of fun painting these guys. I have around 20 more marine bodies to paint. Thinking of ordering two more contemptors, so I can run the helbrute mayhem pack for my CSM, and case havoc in HH.

A plasma special weapons squad is also on my to-do list, as how cool would that be? I don't think I'll be getting in a lot of games before the tournament (which I'll probably do poorly at lol), but I'll let you folks know what happens.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2016, 05:02:48 PM »
Painting some Battletech models recently.

Have here (left to right)

Grasshopper, Quickdraw, Atlas, Zeus and Dervish battlemechs. In front of them, I'm working on some infantry platoons to go with them.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #139 on: August 1, 2016, 07:16:06 PM »
Hey, I've been still painting Age of Sigmar. I have 2000pts of Chaos now. I also drove down to St. Cathrines to film some games on Friday. The first video is up, which I'll link here. Linky

Here are some other pictures of stuff I've been working on.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria