News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Deathguard - Supreme Command - 1000 pts/50P - BRUTAL 1st turn assault  (Read 2117 times)

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
After watching the battle report for Chaos vs Astra Militarum I got inspired to try and build an HQ oriented list and I believe I came up with quite a monster of a list as it will nearly guarantee 1st turn assaults every time without further delay here is my Franken Baby

Supreme Command Detachment - 1cp
HQ 3-5

Daemon Prince with Wings - 212 pts
Hellforged Sword
Smite + Warptime

Daemon Prince with Wings - 215 pts
Daemonic Axe
Smite + Warptime

Chaos Lord with Jump Pack - 106 pts
Lightning Claws

Sorcerer Terminator - 158 pts
Force Axe
Combi-bolter
Smite + Warptime + Infernal Gaze

Sorcerer Terminator - 158 pts
Force Axe
Combi-bolter
Smite + Warptime + Infernal Gaze

Elites 0-1
01 Helbrute - 139 pts
Multimelta
Helbrute fist

Lord of War 0-1

Total Roster = 988
Power Level = 50

How the list works?

Deploy everything about 4-6" from eachother except for the Terminator Sorcerers whom will be Teleporting in 9" away from the enemy. In reality you just need to keep the Helbrute infront of close to a Daemon Prince and the Chaos Lord side by side of the other prince.

Turn 1
MOVEMENT PHASE
Daemon Princes and Chaos Lord move 12" up, Helbrute 8"up, Sorcerers Teleport in directly infront of Daemon Prince within 3"

At this point you should have Sorcerer #1 9" away from enemy unit, Daemon prince #1 within 3" of this sorcerer and Chaos Lord within 3" of this DP.

Sorcerer #2 10" away from enemy unit, Daemon Prince #2 within 3" of this sorcerer and Helbrute within 3" of Daemon Prince #2.

PSYCHIC PHASE
It's time. To warp time! If the enemy has no psykers of their own then it's all up to the dice gods and how they might favor you.

Daemon Prince #1 casts warp time on Chaos Lord. Chaos Lord moves another 12" and should now be right at the gates of the enemy's deployment zone assuming you started 24" away.

Sorcerer #1 casts warp time on DP #1 and now he too will be at the enemy's deployment zone.

Daemon Prince #2 casts warp time on Helbrute whom should be within assault distance of an enemy.

Sorcerer #2 casts warp time on DP #2 and now he too will be at the enemy's deployment zone.

Now you have your entire army within assault range right off the bat. May the dice gods be with you and papa nurgle share his blessings with all.

Any thoughts?

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Keep in mind, besides smite, you can only attempt to cast each other power once per turn. So, you can only attempt warptime once per turn.

Best way to take advantage of this, is a 10 man unit of terminators. Give them combi-flamers to kill any screening unit and then charge to your hearts intent.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Keep in mind, besides smite, you can only attempt to cast each other power once per turn. So, you can only attempt warptime once per turn.

Best way to take advantage of this, is a 10 man unit of terminators. Give them combi-flamers to kill any screening unit and then charge to your hearts intent.

You can only attempt to cast it one per turn? Where is that rule I re-read the core rules twice and didn't see that. The only restriction is on the psyker being unable to cast the same power more than once.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords

You can only attempt to cast it one per turn? Where is that rule I re-read the core rules twice and didn't see that. The only restriction is on the psyker being unable to cast the same power more than once.
Check under the rules for Matched Play, which I assume you are using since you have points listed ;)
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Ah no i'm not playing matched play yet lol not until i have a couple games in my belt.

Note I put point cost AND power rating of the list. (power levels dont need to be exact according to narrative rules). Only matched play sets that limit I didnt even read through the match play rules because I feel narrative play mode is great for practice.

Thanks for pointing it out though.

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Not to be a spoil sport, but if you're going to play narrative play, powergaming your list is, perhaps, against the spirit of the enterprise.

What, for instance, is the narrative here besides "I beat your face on turn one?"
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 10:43:15 AM by Wyddr »

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Not to be a spoil sport, but if you're going to play narrative play, powergaming your list is, perhaps, against the spirit of the enterprise.

What, for instance, is the narrative here besides "I beat your face on turn one?"

You forget the point of playing with plastic toys. Have fun. What's the point of playing Minecraft? What's the point of playing Halo? Call of Duty? Or any game? Have fun.

Don't force YOUR idea of the 'spirit of the enterprise' upon others, how about that?

To me and many others that have looked at it this list seemed fun to try and zip across the board with Nurgle of all things. It gives me a case of the Lulz, this is clearly not tailored for a tournament nor for WAAC, it is exactly what open play and narrative play advocate...toss models down add up points quickly and go have fun without worrying about details!

I play a little card game called Hearthstone (by Blizzard) it has 2 main modes of play Standard and Wild. Standard play would be what "Matched Play" in 40k is. It's built to be the main competitive setting, there are limits where not all cards are allowed and cards get phased out yearly with new cards/decks coming in to the fold.

Wild on the other hand allows ALL cards, and it is by it's very nature WILD, the combos and stuff that can go down is brutally fun and if you aren't interested in competitive play this mode is easiest to just jump into and have a blast with some virtual cards. I only play standard mode because I've been a day 1 player before the modes of play were split, and i'm interested in getting Legendary ranks in the competitive setting but I don't hate on the many people who enjoy Wild decks. It is a game after all and we are all entitled to enjoy it.

Do you get my drift here?