News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Kinghts and Sisters, 1850 points!  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
Kinghts and Sisters, 1850 points!
« on: July 13, 2013, 09:59:56 PM »
Bringing together the best of the imperium.

Grand Master - 205
Digital Weapons, Rad Grenades, Nemesis Halerd, MC Nemesis Halerd
Joins Paladins in Raider or deep strikes with them

Paladin x4 - 220
Nemesis Hammer x2, Nemesis Halerd x2

GK Terminators x5 - 255
Nemesis Hammer x2, Nemesis Halerd x2, Psycannon
Helps with counter assault against back field or goes in Raider if grandmaster is deep striking

GK Strike Squad x10 - 265
Nemesis Halerd x1, Nemesis Hammer x2, Psybolt Ammo, Psycannon x2
Deep strikes in to harass or finds a good shooting point.  Could combat squad for more flexibility.

Land Raider 265
Multi-Melta
enables me to shove terminators down the throat of my enemies... or just blow up first turn.

Dreadnought - 135
TL Autocannon x2, Psybolt Ammo
DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA

Uriah jacobus - xx
Goes with battle sisters so they can hold the home objective

Battle Sister Squad x18 - 229
Storm Bolter x3

Dominion Squad x10 - 175
Melta Gun x4, Rhino
Outflanks and pops something big and important.

1844 points
42 models.

Thoughts? Comments? Yay?
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline DCKeith

Re: Kinghts and Sisters, 1850 points!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 11:44:44 PM »
Grandmaster: I would stick with a sword, I find it give the most bang for your buck.

Paladins: Finding the points to add another pally would help seeing as it unlocks special weapons

Battle sisters: I would try and make them hit 20 if they are objective holders then maxing them out is best. the stormbolters don't seem necessary.

Offline Halollet

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 11:04:10 AM »
Grandmaster: I would stick with a sword, I find it give the most bang for your buck.

Paladins: Finding the points to add another pally would help seeing as it unlocks special weapons

Battle sisters: I would try and make them hit 20 if they are objective holders then maxing them out is best. the stormbolters don't seem necessary.

Grandmaster: Really? I'm surprised at that as aposed to being able to mind f them before they get a chance to swing?

Paladins: The problem with that is they no longer fit into the landraider with the grandmaster.  Or should I then just deep strike them and keep my termies in there?

Battle Sisters: I tried finding the points for that because I agree with you, but they're the only unit that I can reduce in numbers that won't mess something up like how many guns they can take or the ability to combat squad.
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline DCKeith

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 01:09:23 PM »
The GM's Backup can take advantage of the grenades.

I understand about them not fitting in the LR but I think unlocking those 2 weapons is huge.(I'm not sure how to get those points)

I don't have the Sisters white dwarfs so I don't know how you can tweak them.

But dropping the storm bolters from the girls, the digi weapons and master craft from the GM and you might have enough to squeeze in 2 more.

Offline Halollet

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 10:17:29 PM »
Hmmm... Now I'm looking at the list again and I'm wondering if I could just take a Sisters list and then add in the GKs as allies.  I would drop the Strike Squad and the dreadnought and then take an exorcist and another squad of sisters probably with flamers and a rhino.

Instead of 400 points for those 2 units I could get;

Battle Sisters x10 - 180
Flamer x2, Combi-Flamer, Rhino

exorcist - 135

That would save me 85 points to so something else with.  Like add more terminators. Or instead of the rhino sisters I could field 2 units of 20 sisters and the Superiors with power weapons. Hmmmmmm....