News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 750 Point Tournament, C&C Please  (Read 2901 times)

Offline RapierSix2587

• For The Greater Good
  • Armies: Tau Empire
750 Point Tournament, C&C Please
« on: January 13, 2014, 04:08:47 PM »
Okay guys, I signed up fro a small beginners to professional tournament at my local store in the city, now I know the "meta" there, there are 6 SM players, 2 SW, 1 BA, 2 GK, and the rest at this store I don't know, but those are the main armies I see there, so I thought long and hard about this, and I made a list that I think will run well, let me know what you think.

HQ - Ethereal

TROOPS - 2x 6 Fire Warrior Squads

FORMATION

Firebase Support Cadre
- Riptide, Ion Acc.
- 3 Missiletides, 3x SMS
- 3 Railtides, 3x Plasma

Okay, the boards are 4x4, and are objective based.

The plan is basically find a ruin in a corner, and place the Railtides at the top, the Missiletides as well if possible or behind Cover, the Ethereal hiding behind LOS blocking terrain, with the Fire Warriors hiding in Cover but in front of the Broadsides, in range of the Ethereal, so I can constantly cast FnP bubbles, with the Riptide right at the edge of that bubble, hopefully I'll go first and be able to make most armies foot slog, my formation (if you don't already know) gives Tank Hunters to them, and Preferred Enemy: Marines.

So what you think?

Offline Slick Samos

• Que!!
  • Armies: Tau, Dark Angels & Salamanders
Re: 750 Point Tournament, C&C Please
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 04:49:21 PM »
This 'are objective based' concerns me, otherwise it looks like it can dish out a lot of pain :P
Play more games, paint more models...

Offline RapierSix2587

• For The Greater Good
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 05:03:17 PM »
When I say objective there are 3 per game, one in the centre, and one placed, where ever you want it in you deployment zone, so yeah, put it with a Fire Warrior squad and just try to keep him off the middle one, Hopefully wIN through one objective and Slay The Warlord and First Blood
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:42:51 PM by RapierSix2587 »

Offline Slick Samos

• Que!!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 05:14:28 PM »
Seems solid then.  All the best Rapier,

Slick Samos

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 09:15:29 AM »
I would recommend trading one fire warrior squad for 10 kroot. Infiltrate works wonders in low-point games like this and if you get lucky and find a forest, they are even more durable than FWs. As it stands, those troops won't live long or productive lives. Were I your opponent, I would disregard all your other stuff and kill the FWs first. Given how few of them there are, this shouldn't be hard unless you can legitimately hide them for Line of Sight. In objective missions, you *have* to invest in troops or you won't win most of the time.

Offline RapierSix2587

• For The Greater Good
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 09:56:03 PM »
A thought stuck me this morning, how does this sound guys!

Farsight Enclave - Tau Remnants

HQ

Cadre Fireblade

ELITES

Ion Tide with SMS and EWO

TROOPS

10 Fire Warriors
3 Helios Suits
3 Fire-knive Suits

HEAVY SUPPORT

Missileside with SMS and EWO

Offline Slick Samos

• Que!!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 04:42:10 AM »
If you have Farsight Enclaves then sure, knock yourself out :P

Offline RapierSix2587

• For The Greater Good
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 06:29:32 PM »
Okay, I found a list I think will work well, It has to be themed so I can mix units too much, but I'm pretty sure if the dice are on my side this will work out well, so let me know what you think, I need C&C, think competitive, cause I need to submit the list by tomorrow night (Australia time).

Here is the list:

Commander - 2x Plasma Rifles

Riptide - Ion Accelerator, SMS, EWO

3 Crisis Suits - Plasma Rifles/Missile Pods
3 Crisis Suits - Plasma Rifles/Fusion Blasters
3 Crisis Suits - Twin-linked Missile Pods

The reason for the mixed squads (Helios suits and Fire-Knfe suits) are because at this point level I don't want to dedicate an entire squad to one purpose, because if I play against an opponent with no AV then my twin Fusion Blasters are useless, and so on, so my Helios will tackle high AV (12+) as fast as possible, while my Deathrains pop transports turn 1/2 before they make it across the board, and my Fire-knives follow my Commander and target Warlords and Elites, Riptide is mainly for hordes, and fire magnet, if I manage to get Ripple Fire then he can be great are wiping whole squads from the board in one turn, so he will be my backbone.

What do you guys think?

Offline volatilegaz

• Aspect Warrior
  • I'm dead inside.
  • Armies: Eldar, Just starting Necrons
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 06:50:32 AM »
I don’t have the Tau ‘dex, so can’t comment on much, but I would suggest for your 2 mixed crisis squads, that you change the loadouts around –e.g. instead of 3 x plasma / fusion, go with 1 x plasma / fusion, 1 x plasma/plasma and 1 x fusion / fusion
The benefit is that once you are in the game and can decide which gun is more valuable to you, you can put the least valuable of the suits at the front in harm’s way, and hence keep your max output with your favoured gun for a little bit longer.
The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.

Offline RapierSix2587

• For The Greater Good
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 08:48:34 PM »
Valid point, but if I run them that way they can be Precision Shot if my opponent has ones more feared then other configs, for example, if I go against a Imperial Guard guy, he will focus on the Fusion Fusion Suit, the way I run them they are all identical, so no one will focus on one suit, cause thats a waste of 53 Points, sacrificing the one I don't need as much, this config (Helios) is great against, MC's, HQ's, Elites, and AV, as opposed to a squad that is better at just Elites, or just AV

Offline Slick Samos

• Que!!
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 05:03:38 AM »
I suspect I'm too late but for future reference Twin-Linking with no Marker Light support is a must.

Dropping an XV8 with Twin-Linked Missile Pod would allow you to Twin-Link all your Fusion Blasters and Missile Pods (for example) and still have points left over.  I would really recommend doing this!

Slick Samos